ive got a marlin model 995 i recently aquired from an uncle and i cant find a clip for it. i found one site online but there out of stock. my local gunshop dont even show the 995 in his catalog. how old is this gun?

any help would be aprecieated so i can then throw my remington 5-22 viper in the river :unsure:

the remington is built more like a bb gun than a 22, and its a jammin piece of _____! ive talked to several gun shops and one thats even a remington warranty rep. and they said most of them are like that and they cant to anything with it. about every third round sticks in the chamber or wads up sideways in the bolt. and dont even think about hollow points init.

i use the 22 for squirrels, rabbits,opossoms in the back yard. and anything that gets in my trash cans stays in them. opened the door 3 nights ago and there was 4 coons in the bin, i managed to hit 2 before the frocker jammed and the others ran off. i dont like using the shotgun at night as my kids (3 sons) are usually sleeping. and it tears up the cans :rolleyes:

i suppose i could use my siaga .410 but again....sleeping kids.....tore up cans LOL :killer:

• 1 month later...

finnally got a 15rnd mag from DK mags for the marlin. turns out most of the marlin 22 mags are interchangeable. so far weve (mostly my oldest boy) put 200 rnds thru it without a problem except for getting the first couple too feed. once i got her oiled up and feedin it works awesome! not bad for a gun that hadnt had a box of shells put thru it and sat in a closet for 15 years unatended. shoots acurate and quick. :killer:

• 3 weeks later...

I like my old Marlin model 60. I can pick off quarters at 25 feet with iron sights every shot with it no problem and Charcoal briquetes out at 50 yards with it 4 out of 5 or better that I set up. I even use a penny for the rear sight's elevation. Cheap ammo, cheap gun, cheap ammo == loads of fun.

Check into the Wolf .22 rimfire ammo if youve never used it. Its the best there is.