ProMag 308 Mags..?? Anyone try or have one??

I thought I posted my shooting experience previously, but it appears I didn't. I took my two Promag 308's out shortly after receiving them. Ran each mag dry from 25 rds. Neither had any problems they both functioned and locked up good. I didn't shoot any more rounds as I have been with out a job for far too long, and didn't want to burn up more of my ammo supply. I will test them more thoroughly in the future.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get off the cross, no one criminalized you or anything close to it. I merely pointed out that I personally don't put much stock in your opinion and stated why. After all there are posts here and els

Gunboy,   I suggest you re-read the thread or the cliff notes version found in post #49. I didn't "troll" anyone or anything. At this point further discussion of any of that will add nothing to t

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

I've got five Pro-mag .308 mags and found them to be a great value. As with most polymer mags, the follower typically drags a bit on the sides of the mag until well

polished by use. I decided a slight film of Moly paste on the sides of the follower would slick up the motion a bit. Carolina Shooters Supply has them is stock.

Granted, first pick are the CSSspec metal mags, but at $28-$30 a pop, the Pro-mags work fine for me.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got some semi quick visual reviews for both the 10 & 25 round mags.

With some of the 25 round mags I ran into feed issues when loaded to the full capacity. They work optimally at 20 rounds. I wish promag would come out with a 15 or 20 rounder with a tad shorter length.

10 rounders functioned flawlessly.., only issue, they cost more than the 25 rounders!

I have two 24 rd Pro mags, When I first got them they had issues failing to feed, about 50 rounds through both of them, they had no issues after that. I think that some of the polymer was rough and needed to be wore in so the follower would ride smoothly.