cheapest place to buy?

Im pretty new to this forum. I've had a few different ak's in the past and currently have a NDS-1 Romanian Underfolder. I've decided I want to buy a Saiga and convert it. I know this has probably been asked a 100 times but, what websites have the best deals on Saigas?

Im pretty new to this forum. I've had a few different ak's in the past and currently have a NDS-1 Romanian Underfolder. I've decided I want to buy a Saiga and convert it. I know this has probably been asked a 100 times but, what websites have the best deals on Saigas?

Of course, for ~$689, you could skip the whole conversion restoration process and just buy a SGL21 to start with, which is a "finished" rifle; much closer to an AK-103 than you can get a "sporter" Saiga, (after a lot of work), for that price. Here's one for sale at Atlantic Firearms. That's what I chose to do. My S-12 is my "project gun".

ymmv.

mississippiautoarms.com has them for $299 right now. I just ordered from them. Have not recieved the rifle but I have called them numerous times and they have been very helpful. They charge a little extra for credit cards but I sent them a check and they dont place a hold on it. They shipped the rifle the same day they recieved the check. They seem to have good customer service.

• 5 weeks later...

i got mine from armsofamerica, Andrew is a great person to deal with. i just ordered a parts kit from center fire systems and the stock ended up all broken, i called them and they refused to do anything about it, i know its all war time stuff but they sent me trash, i will never buy from them again

i got mine from armsofamerica, Andrew is a great person to deal with. i just ordered a parts kit from center fire systems and the stock ended up all broken, i called them and they refused to do anything about it, i know its all war time stuff but they sent me trash, i will never buy from them again

Sorry to hear about your experience with Centerfire. Must be unusual as I don't think I have ever seen a similar complaint about Centerfire. Bought two guns from them - the last a Draco that had numerous problems. They gladly replaced it with one hand selected and test fired.

Edited by oliverb

Sorry to hear about your experience with Centerfire. Must be unusual as I don't think I have ever seen a similar complaint about Centerfire. Bought two guns from them - the last a Draco that had numerous problems. They gladly replaced it with one hand selected and test fired.

i dident expect everything in the parts kit to be perfect but i certainly did not want anything that was not usable. the guy told me they dont do quality checks on there parts kits and thats what keeps the costs down.