I remember a while back there was a guy selling some homemade metal mags...I believe his user name was ccspecs. Does anyone know if he is still selling them? I bought a couple and love them! Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Matt

I remember a while back there was a guy selling some homemade metal mags...I believe his user name was ccspecs. Does anyone know if he is still selling them? I bought a couple and love them! Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Matt

His forum member name is actually csspecs (not ccspecs), and yes he's still selling them. He's even got a website now ( http://csspecs.com/ ) that you can buy the mags through.

Edited by Frogfoot

Good mags and a lot of handwork went into them. Cudo's to Csspecs for the venture! I have 4 and all are good to go. They are a tad on the heavy side and a bit rought on the in side - until you lube and break them in, but every bit as reliable as my FBMG's. They look really cool too.

Macbeau sends...

Apparantly some .308 mag wells will come out down the line, one of which has both a working prototype and uses g3 mags. You can presently get used g3 steel mags (20 round) for a bit under 5 dollars, though if you pitch for the slightly more expensive sites (8 bucks) it will be less of a gamble as to the quality of those mags. If you prefer aluminum (no idea why you would), g3 mags can be had for less than 1 dollar each right now.

I'm definately going to keep an eye on that, assuming it goes through without any reliability issues.

Edited by Sir5