Hornady TAP 75 grain checks out OK

Yesterday, I received a box of Hornady TAP .223, 75 grain. There was some question whether the Saiga barrel could stabilize the very heavy projectile. I tried it out today at the range and experienced no problems of any kind. Also, it shoots very accurately. I'll be loading up my home defense mags with it. Good stuff.

:killer:

Edited by Jim Digriz

What distance?

I shoot 75gr TAP and Black Hills in my 1/9 twist ARs out to 100y, no problems and very accurate. However, I've had folks tell me that it will start to get unstable and spread out out at 200y or so. I haven't been able to get to a range with enough distance to try it myself.

What distance?

I shoot 75gr TAP and Black Hills in my 1/9 twist ARs out to 100y, no problems and very accurate. However, I've had folks tell me that it will start to get unstable and spread out out at 200y or so. I haven't been able to get to a range with enough distance to try it myself.

Only out to 50 yards, admittedly. I intend to use the stuff as home defense ammo, so my needed range is very short. I will try it out at greater distances later to see what it's capable of.