My first 'virgin' S12

I just ordered my first new S12. The other 2 were already converted when I got them. The conversions were fine, but not quite done how I would do it. They were deals I couldn't pass up at the time. I have this one planned out fairly good now that I have a little experience with them. I already have most of the parts I need in hand or ordered except another AGP sidefolder and a muzzle device (still undecided on this one).

So, here are the parts I want to use, so far:

AGP sidefolder (I would go with one of the left sidefolding stocks, but they are pricey) I may reconsider....

Tapco G2 (I have this already and have modified one before, so no big deal)

MD Arms Molot grip

Tapco grip screw and bushing

.... and I want a Tromix skull charging handle too. The more I shoot my S12s, the easier it is to see the usefulness of that item. Looks good too ;)

I am undecided on what handguard to use. I am leaning toward a tri-rail on this one. I really just need to mount a vert grip. I would like to have another Russian HG with the bottom rail, but I doubt I will find another one anytime soon. I don't care for the sheer bulk of a full quad rail, but a top rail could prove to be useful sooner or later. Who knows....

Any suggestions?

I think this may be worse than BRD....

I know it doesn't go with your screen name, but have you considered going for classic classy wood?

Beautiful, yet proven.

(And you CAN use the butt-stock as a weapon as opposed to the plastic deals)

EVERYONE knows what the gun is related to when they see her dressed in wood.

Edited by Paulyski

I just ordered my first new S12. The other 2 were already converted when I got them. The conversions were fine, but not quite done how I would do it. They were deals I couldn't pass up at the time. I have this one planned out fairly good now that I have a little experience with them. I already have most of the parts I need in hand or ordered except another AGP sidefolder and a muzzle device (still undecided on this one).

So, here are the parts I want to use, so far:

AGP sidefolder (I would go with one of the left sidefolding stocks, but they are pricey) I may reconsider....

Tapco G2 (I have this already and have modified one before, so no big deal)

MD Arms Molot grip

Tapco grip screw and bushing

.... and I want a Tromix skull charging handle too. The more I shoot my S12s, the easier it is to see the usefulness of that item. Looks good too ;)

I am undecided on what handguard to use. I am leaning toward a tri-rail on this one. I really just need to mount a vert grip. I would like to have another Russian HG with the bottom rail, but I doubt I will find another one anytime soon. I don't care for the sheer bulk of a full quad rail, but a top rail could prove to be useful sooner or later. Who knows....

Any suggestions?

I think this may be worse than BRD....

On my second build I went with the Kross tri-rail, I really like how it contours the gun unlike some other rail systems. You can turn it into a Quad rail down the road if you want.

...AGP sidefolder (I would go with one of the left sidefolding stocks, but they are pricey) I may reconsider....

You might want to price stocks again. I just did. I.e. Ace skeleton folding stocks, (with internal receiver block), are not much more than the AGP product, (~$20 more). Also, the way they mount, you can choose whether it'll fold to the left or the right.. and easily change that if you so desire.

I know it doesn't go with your screen name, but have you considered going for classic classy wood?

Beautiful, yet proven.

(And you CAN use the butt-stock as a weapon as opposed to the plastic deals)

EVERYONE knows what the gun is related to when they see her dressed in wood.

I have a few AKs with pretty wood. I'm scared to touch them, lol. I just like the durability of polymer.... and it is....

evl n blk :ph34r:

...AGP sidefolder (I would go with one of the left sidefolding stocks, but they are pricey) I may reconsider....

You might want to price stocks again. I just did. I.e. Ace skeleton folding stocks, (with internal receiver block), are not much more than the AGP product, (~$20 more). Also, the way they mount, you can choose whether it'll fold to the left or the right.. and easily change that if you so desire.

PA,

I was actually referring to the 106? stocks and the triangles. I looked at the ACE units.... I may try one on something later. They just haven't grown on me yet. Good looking out though.