If there was any way to get higher-capacity mags for it, I think this would be a more popular battle rifle. I would love one with 18"bbl, standard AK furni, and 20 round mags.

Guess that'll never happen though. unsure.gif Unless the PSL experiences a huge surge in popularity in the US, that is.rolleyes.gif

If there was any way to get higher-capacity mags for it, I think this would be a more popular battle rifle. I would love one with 18"bbl, standard AK furni, and 20 round mags.

Guess that'll never happen though. unsure.gif Unless the PSL experiences a huge surge in popularity in the US, that is.rolleyes.gif

That mag would have a wicked curve to it!

I have a Vepr 308 with a 16" barrel. I wanted a 20" 30cal and figured ammo is cheap for the PSL.

As far as the other Q if you can find the wood the mod to the gas tube would be easy.

i need a psl upper the same lenght as a lower!!! shit i need a lower too lol, for my s308, has anyone ever seen a psl that someone has modded so the upper matches the lower

Ironwood Designs has a PSL handguard in-stock marked: "correct long upper/lower hand guard set" $110. Is this what yall are referring to?

I think I can post a link since no forum vendors offer such products (Mods please remove if I am wrong.)

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWD2pchg.html

(Bottom of the page.)

Just a thought... Bren mags?

.303 Brit isn't too far from 7.62x54R dimensionally.

Two concerns spring to mind that could make it a pain in the ass.

Bren mags are stupidly long - might have to mod the hell out of the receiver, and likely the front trunnion, for the weapon to accept unmodded Bren mags.

Spring pressure might also be an issue. Being top-fod, the Bren mags might rely somewhat on gravity, and being mounted below the weapon might leave the spring unable to cope.

But, assuming the ammunition fits the mag, those issues should be possible to overcome.

So... Who wants to try it? :D

i need a psl upper the same lenght as a lower!!! shit i need a lower too lol, for my s308, has anyone ever seen a psl that someone has modded so the upper matches the lower

Ironwood Designs has a PSL handguard in-stock marked: "correct long upper/lower hand guard set" $110. Is this what yall are referring to?

I think I can post a link since no forum vendors offer such products (Mods please remove if I am wrong.)

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWD2pchg.html

(Bottom of the page.)

that set is the same as a regular psl stock set. i sent ironwood a email a couple months ago, asking if they could make an upper the same length as the lower, but they didnt seem to understand. i think ironwood is the way to go once i get them to understand what i want. once i get someone to make the stock i want, i figure it will be kinda more dragunov style, or as close as it can be without major mods for drag furniture

Edited by BROWNEYE

That mag would have a wicked curve to it!

I have a Vepr 308 with a 16" barrel. I wanted a 20" 30cal and figured ammo is cheap for the PSL.

As far as the other Q if you can find the wood the mod to the gas tube would be easy.

Anything is possible.. How much is it worth to you?

And how many PSLs are out there?

Anything is possible.. How much is it worth to you?

And how many PSLs are out there?

A 20 round mag would greatly expand the roles the PSL could fill. I'm hoping someone makes a good reliable one sooner or later. (I've saving up for PSL at the moment).

Seems to me like there could be some gotchas in designing those mags though, considering the rimmed cartridges...

Yeah the rims are the problem. Recoil tends to link the rims every so often, which would give you a phantom feed issue. The design must be such that the rims will unlink before reaching the top of the mag, I'd guess the PSL mag has something on the back to do that function.

I did read just now that the mags are "matched" to the gun at the factory.. Now that is a real pain.

I did read just now that the mags are "matched" to the gun at the factory.. Now that is a real pain.

No not really and not with a PSL. But if "matched" is putting numbers on whatever then yes. SVD FPK PSL you know whats the cheapest but thats still a good deal. I want a krink FPK or PSL :angel: no really I do :super:

Edited by madmax4x4

Yeah the rims are the problem. Recoil tends to link the rims every so often, which would give you a phantom feed issue. The design must be such that the rims will unlink before reaching the top of the mag, I'd guess the PSL mag has something on the back to do that function.

People use surplus mags with PSL all the time without difficulties.

It's hard to know, but I get the sense that the PSL is at least as popular as the Saiga 308, in terms of sales. A reliable 15 or 20 round mag would also, I think, expand the market. I'm guessing that Saiga 20s are about to get more popular, given the new magazine options coming.

Edited by Jim Digriz

Hey, I just found this thing over on Atlantic Firearms, never seen one before but its pretty much what I had in mind.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct886.aspx

Now I just need a stack of converted Bren mags!

I have been drooling over that for a while now! :eyes_droped: Have been formulating in my head how hard it would be to convert one like this. I always get stuck at moding the back of the receiver. I am limited to what I can do on my patio (apt living). Still keeping it in mind though. I am sure those that are guru's here know much more about what all it would take to do so.

Hey, I just found this thing over on Atlantic Firearms, never seen one before but its pretty much what I had in mind.

http://www.atlanticf...product886.aspx

Now I just need a stack of converted Bren mags!

I have been drooling over that for a while now! eyes_droped.gif Have been formulating in my head how hard it would be to convert one like this. I always get stuck at moding the back of the receiver. I am limited to what I can do on my patio (apt living). Still keeping it in mind though. I am sure those that are guru's here know much more about what all it would take to do so.

Instead of modding the reciever, you could just get the stock set of your choice (in the wood of your choice) from Ironwood Designs. Their PSL stocks are made to fit the radius cut reciever.

Im guessing thats one of the conversion models (re; the back end mounting) that the group in TN is putting out ??

They had/have both a shorty (truck gun) version and a longer PSL version.

On another forum where these were intoduced everyone was clammoring for 20rd mags for them.

Someone in those threads posted in a veiled manner that folks should "keep an eye out" for 20's - dont know if he is with the company, just trying to stir up sales, or actually knows something?

HarvKY

I just recently built up a PSL. I am trying to figure out some way to get a 20 round mag to work but until then, 10 rounders will have to do.

WedApr14211938AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

S03.jpg

Very HOT! Looks painful on the shoulder though. Great job! Did you make the back plate yourself?

Edited by sjgusmc21

Very HOT! Looks painful on the shoulder though. Great job! Did you make the back plate yourself?

No, it is all standard AK parts. I didn't want to "Bubba" it up, although some will say I did. It has a Romanian sidefolder lever stock, standard AK pistol grip, K-Var handguards and normally wears the RPK style brake. You would be surprised how comfortable this rifle is to shoot. It isn't painful at all, which shocked the hell out of me.