I'm pretty disappointed with my American made muzzle ornament on my 5.45. I see some guy has awesome deals on the real deal Bulgarian FSB and the 24mm brakes to go with it and would love to change over to the real thing. The only thing I am wondering about is just how hard it is to change the front sight blocks and what is involved. I kinda have a gist of the process but not really :lolol: So some beginner tips would be awesome.

If anyone has pics or tutorials or experience too that would be great.

punch the barrel retainer pins out, press off the FSB, is how to get it off. reverse the process for installion. I'm not 100 percent sure if the bulgarian FSB has the same inside diameter as the inside diameter as the SAIGA FSB, that is for someone else to chime in on

punch the barrel retainer pins out, press off the FSB, is how to get it off. reverse the process for installion. I'm not 100 percent sure if the bulgarian FSB has the same inside diameter as the inside diameter as the SAIGA FSB, that is for someone else to chime in on

Stupid question but does it need to be pressed off with a press, or can it just be hammered off or pulled off with a vise?

A little heat and a wood block or a gear puller or a press - or....

Lining up the new sight is a bit harder, a gun vise and a spirit level and a drill press are the tools that will produce the best result with the least %^$**$%^$%^!

I use plates that I made to take FSB and GB off and another set of plates to install

them with out bending the receiver on a 12 ton press.

Plus a laser line or small cord to aling the parts on the gun.

The hard part is not much taking the FSB or GB off as to install the

parts back with out doing any bending on the receiver of the gun

that is why I made my plates to avoid fubar the gun in any way.

As pressing stuff back is not that easy as all the pressure have to be on the barrel

with out putting any on the receiver. As you don't want to bend receiver or barrel

as you press away.

Good luck.