I got a 7.62x39 and .....

I can't believe you didn't include Saiga shotguns in your poll. What's this site called again? :D

Geez, now I feel bad. I promise it wasn't an intentional snub. I just thought we'd keep the poll under our little subsection of the Saiga-12 Forum. Mea culpa, mea culpa. I'm putting a smoothbore option in the poll. If you have a smoothbore, you can delete your first post and revote with all options that apply.

I use the x39 for range outings and low light due to cost of ammo and the short ranges in low light environments. But the 308 is my hoss. The 12g is just home defense so I rarely take it out one the gas is set right.

Edited by Rhodes1968

Right now, I only have a 7.62x39, and I love it. Owning an S-12 and a 5.45x39 are on my bucket list. But with a wife, kids, bills, and just me bringing in the income, that next toy is a ways off. :wet_eyes:

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • 1 month later...

x39 and .223 for me. They're my SHTF guns. Don't anticipate getting more calibers ...though maybe more copies of the aforementioned. Problem being stockpiling ammo in each caliber. I've have bolt guns in .308 and .30-06 and a few hundred rounds each to support them. I feel that's adequate for a rifle of that nature.

A Saiga, IMHO, needs a stockpile of a few thousand. They should be shot frequently and will go through the ammo. Plus there should be ammo stashed somewhere for when things come apart.

As far as the shotguns go, I'm not convinced an S12 or an S20 would be a significant improvement over the Remington 870s already on hand. They work...I trust them.

Bob

• 7 months later...

I got a s7.62, but next i would like to get a s.308 20inch, and than a 24inch s12, and mod them both, but i also have the same as what is keeping most people from getting there next saiga, and its the bills is what i keeping me from purchasing my next one, but hopefully some time in the middle or at the end of summer i could have my 308, it would be nice.