Finally received my butt stock in the mail today and figured I would share.

I've seen a lot of a people posting about their interest in the UBR but the complaint of the ridiculous price ($250.00+).

I have been into airsoft for the last few years and like to modify both real and airsoft rifles when I came across this item.

I know there's a huge stigma when it comes to putting airsoft parts on a real firearm and vice versa.

It's a china made Replica Magpul UBR. They also carry other Replicas of magpul parts like the rail guards and other aesthetic items.

I chose the cheapest shipping option and it took about 3 weeks. Choosing UPS will probably help receive it faster.

But because of the recent flight delays in Europe because of the volcano, it may take a while if you order now anyway.

Here's what it looks like. It seems to be of equal quality to the real item. Only two complaints, the buffer tube seems to be a cheaper metal and the screws for the cheek weld are too long and may need to be trimmed. One of mine also came with the allen key hole stripped so I had to drill it out and replace it. I'll try to post back with a range report and let anyone who is interested know how well it holds up.

It is installed into the AR-15 buffer tube pignose adapter and receiver mount that Carolina Shooters sells.

ACM Gear

2010-04-19193303EDIT.jpg

I absolutely wouldn't use this item on an AR/M4.

I doubt the buffer tube would hold up or even hold a spring and buffer.

It's nice to have this item on the Saiga because it won't utilize the tube.

Edited by theplastik

Looks alright from the pic. That's not a bad price at all if it's any good, thanks.

Worth noting that using the stock would be a loss of a 922r compliance point.

Yes, I realized that after I ordered it. After I received it is another thing.

It is an EXACT replica and does not say "Made In China".

Hypothetically, in my book, it's made in

Boulder, Colorado USA :angel:

2010-04-20070217.jpg

Even though it's misspelled. :rolleyes:

Edited by theplastik

It seems to be of equal quality to the real item.

It is an EXACT replica....

Judging from these quotes, I assume you also have a real UBR to compare it to?

I'm interested in seeing how it holds up to 12ga abuse. I already have a real UBR that I snagged for $200 shipped, from a deal AIM was having. But if you report back after some use, and feel it holds up well.............I could see myself buying one of these knock-offs for my new .22 AR.

EDIT: I hear "Coorado" is nice this time of year. :D

Edited by -Shooter-

I don't own the UBR. I have handled one a few times and I don't see much difference except for the lettering.

It seems as though the buffer tube is simply aluminum, which is pretty standard and I'm less skeptical of it's quality.

I spoke to a representative of the company I purchased from and I was told that they are produced from molds of the actual Magpul items. So I should've simply stated they are created from molds of the exact original item rather than "Exact Replicas".

I have also noticed that there is a bit of "play" in the stock. Some very minor wobble back and fourth. Can anyone tell me if this is present in the "True" item?

If this thing is a bust then I may end up swapping it to the 223. and getting a true one for the shotgun.

I took a chance when I ordered it and so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

We'll see how well it holds up on the range.

I'm heading out to the range today and will probably put about 100-200 rounds through it.

I will try to post back a reply today.

EDIT: It is raining today and my prefered shotgun range is outdoors.

Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for all the interests also.

Edited by theplastik

I spoke to a representative of the company I purchased from and I was told that they are produced from molds of the actual Magpul items. So I should've simply stated they are created from molds of the exact original item rather than "Exact Replicas".

I have also noticed that there is a bit of "play" in the stock. Some very minor wobble back and fourth. Can anyone tell me if this is present in the "True" item?

I'm going to have to call bullshit on the guy 's claim that it's made from actual molds that real Magpul gear is made in..........unless it is a Magpul PTS marked UBR, which I doubt, given the price of $55 and misspelling on the stock. Magpul has a licensed sub-division called "Magpul PTS". Magpul allows them to produce air-soft quality replicas of their real gear, for training purposes. Smart thing to do, really. Because they're cutting into the knock-off artists income by producing their own replicas. But last I checked, a Magpul PTS UBR was still upwards of about $150. So I'm guessing the sales guy was just trying to feeding you a line. Look around on the stock, does it say "PTS" anywhere? All Magpul PTS items are marked "PTS" somewhere on them, to discern them from the real thing. Otherwise, it's just another knock-off.

Either way...............I haven't installed my UBR yet (can't have telescoping buttstocks in NY, unless it's on a pre-ban receiver :ded: , so it's being saved for my out-of-state move), but I did install it onto the tube it comes with and messed around with it a little bit, which would still wobble like it would, if it were mounted. So I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is no wobble at all when locked in any position.

But like I said, for that price, if it holds up, I'd consider it for my .22 AR. Which doesn't even use the tube guts anyway; no spring or buffer needed.

Keep us updated after you get out with it.

I wish I had coughed up a bit more money on this item.

Magpul PTS UBR

Since it is an official magpul item, just manufactured differently for airsoft use.

The only difference I can see is the rear of the buffer tube screws out for battery access on airsoft AEGs.

I don't think he meant THE Magpul molds. Just molds made from actual magpul items.

It says doesn't say PTS anywhere. :unsure:

It does say UBR on the bottom rear on both sides and also "Magpul Industries Corporation" on the left side, opposite of "Coorado".

I'm kinda bummed that it doesn't compare to the official magpul airsoft variant, but nonetheless I'm still satisfied considering the price.

If it doesn't function as well as I like, then I may just get one of the official Magpul airsoft UBRs and use the $55 one on the air rifle.

I still cant justify $200-$250 for the one item, but I am willing to spend $150-$175 for the better quality.

It blows that you can't have telescoping stocks. Where are you moving to?

Edited by theplastik

I'm kinda bummed that it doesn't compare to the official magpul airsoft variant, but nonetheless I'm still satisfied considering the price.

I wouldn't even worry about it. You only paid $55. Use it and see if it works. If so, then great. If not, just chalk it up as a loss. $55 in the gun world is cheap, relatively speaking.

I still cant justify $200-$250 for the one item, but I am willing to spend $150-$175 for the better quality.

It blows that you can't have telescoping stocks. Where are you moving to?

I had the money to burn, saw the smoking deal and had to jump on it. :D

I'm supposed to be moving to SC. We'll see how that goes, or if it ever happens. I already have a stash of non-NY compliant goodies waiting for me there.

I had the money to burn, saw the smoking deal and had to jump on it. :D

I'm supposed to be moving to SC. We'll see how that goes, or if it ever happens. I already have a stash of non-NY compliant goodies waiting for me there.

You're lucky. You get to be closer to CSS, which is my preferred parts dealer.

Short range testing today. I got there late so I only had 2 hours.

It was my first time shooting my S223 so I spent much more time playing with that. :smoke:

I was only able to fire off about 50 - 12 gauge rounds before the range closed down.

I did a mix of Cheapy Independance shot, Federal buck, Winchester Target, Remington Express Long Range, and Remington Rifled Slug.

Only fired a mag of Slug before I was told I can't shoot it there. Only on the berm side. So I decided to exit quickly before they asked too many questions about where I bought my ammo. (It's a free range so long as I buy THEIR ammo.)

The butt stock held up with no issues. I fired it from different settings.

Recoil felt lighter. I have no idea why. Maybe it's psychological.

This weekend, or next, I'll probably fire off a lot more, but I'm already convinced it'll hold up regardless.

I'm glad I don't have to regret taking a chance on this deal.

It's definitely worth a try but the Official Magpul Airsoft variant is probably going to be much better quality.

Edited by theplastik

:(

Unfortunately, I don't have a good camera, only my phone.

Here's another pic. I ought to try to take some pics out in the sun.

2010-04-22194854.jpg

Looks good, man. My original plan for the UBR was to throw it on my S12 after I move. But lately, I've been thinking about just piecing together a 20" AR (or maybe even an AR10, who knows) and using it on there. I don't have any "long range" guns yet, so I could use one. We'll see.

• 1 month later...

Looks good, man. My original plan for the UBR was to throw it on my S12 after I move. But lately, I've been thinking about just piecing together a 20" AR (or maybe even an AR10, who knows) and using it on there. I don't have any "long range" guns yet, so I could use one. We'll see.

Update.

Unfortunately, the Replica Magpuls are no longer available.

ACMGear was forced to discontinue them by Magpul, which is good and bad in its ways.

I'm glad I got mine before they were discontinued.

Others who plan on getting one could probably get the Magpul Airsoft version.

So far the butt stock has stood up to a little abuse.

I've put around 200+ rounds through it with little problem.

At some point the front QD sling mount split and broke off, which isn't a problem because I don't use it.

In place of it, I have a 1 point wolf sling attachment.

The real test is this weekend. I will probably put over 300 rounds through it and still don't forsee any real issues.

Good luck with your set up -Shooter-. I'd like to see someone else on here with the UBR also.

2010-05-21133341.jpg

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old post but just as a reference I got ripped off at a gun show and recieved one of these and did mount it on an ar-15 and it blew the buffer tube "end cap" off in one shot so that was a terrible first shot out of a new gun and to be 45 minutes away from home where the functional buffer tube is :(. Ill also add I paid 150.00 for it, thought it was a great deal out of box or slightly used maby but nope just bootleg.

Edited by Jonpin

I know this is an old post but just as a reference I got ripped off at a gun show and recieved one of these and did mount it on an ar-15 and it blew the buffer tube "end cap" off in one shot so that was a terrible first shot out of a new gun and to be 45 minutes away from home where the functional buffer tube is :(. Ill also add I paid 150.00 for it, thought it was a great deal out of box or slightly used maby but nope just bootleg.

Sorry to hear that. I try not to buy anything from gun shows except Ammo and Firearms.

It's a damn shame what dishonesty is going on at these gun shows.

I knew mine was a knock-off and wouldn't trust it to function properly in an AR platform.

I've actually upgraded to an ACTUAL Magpul UBR purchased from DSG Arms, recently.

This stock has served its purpose, which was to be a nice aesthetic stock until I could afford the actual thing.

I've yet to decide what to do with it yet. I may get another Saiga in 5.45 or 308 and pop it on there.

Note: I actually ordered a Foliage Green UBR (via DSG's Going Green sale) and stripped it down to dye black with RIT dye.

Worked like a charm and perfectly matches the regular black Magpul equipment, no one would be able to tell the difference and I saved myself $90.00.

Definitely check it out if you want the real thing for a bit less.

• Like 1

Ouch. $150 and it turned out to be a knock-off??? Sorry to hear that, man.

Not sure if you're still in the market for one, but AIMSurplus still has them for $199.95 shipped, brand new in box. Use coupon code: Bryanfreakinrocks

I've actually upgraded to an ACTUAL Magpul UBR purchased from DSG Arms, recently.

This stock has served its purpose, which was to be a nice aesthetic stock until I could afford the actual thing.

I've yet to decide what to do with it yet. I may get another Saiga in 5.45 or 308 and pop it on there.

Note: I actually ordered a Foliage Green UBR (via DSG's Going Green sale) and stripped it down to dye black with RIT dye.

Worked like a charm and perfectly matches the regular black Magpul equipment, no one would be able to tell the difference and I saved myself $90.00.

Nice! :super:

EDIT: I finally installed mine, after having it for so long. Granted, I don't have an upper for this lower. I kinda want a 20" upper for it. I've only had 16" uppers so far.

701730937_photobucket_16637_.jpg

701730937_photobucket_16636_.jpg

Edited by -Shooter-

Ouch. $150 and it turned out to be a knock-off??? Sorry to hear that, man.

Not sure if you're still in the market for one, but AIMSurplus still has them for $199.95 shipped, brand new in box. Use coupon code: Bryanfreakinrocks

Nice! :super:

EDIT: I finally installed mine, after having it for so long. Granted, I don't have an upper for this lower. I kinda want a 20" upper for it. I've only had 16" uppers so far.

Nice!

That's actually what I'm planning for my next S12 build.

All black with the MIAD and UBR.

One more thing, if anybody buys the PTS UBR, make sure you get the version made for gas blowback rifles (GBB or GBBR), NOT the AEG version.

AIM is still having that sale though, and for $50 more I would rather get the real magpul part. Once they go back to $260 or so it might be worth it to buy PTS if you would still be compliant. I wish I had the money for one and a cheap internal block setup now...

As far as PTS parts go, they're actually very nice, especially for airsoft replicas. I've had no trouble with the PTS ACS I have on my airsoft AK. I don't have any trouble believing they'll hold up to use on a 223 or 5.45. I don't have any experience with the shotguns so I can't say for sure.

th_IMG_2424.jpg

Edited by DFM56
  • 2 years later...