Stock Length

I was wonder if anyone could recommend which stock seems to be more suitable,NATO or WARSAW. I know the measurements of each, but it just seems to me that the WARSAW stock would be a little short. If anyone has had experience with both please feel free to fill me in on your preferences. I would just like a little input before I make a decision.

I was wonder if anyone could recommend which stock seems to be more suitable,NATO or WARSAW. I know the measurements of each, but it just seems to me that the WARSAW stock would be a little short. If anyone has had experience with both please feel free to fill me in on your preferences. I would just like a little input before I make a decision.

The Warsaw length stock is a more wieldy stock for CQB; the NATO length stock is better for careful distance shooting. I see CQB as a more likely scenario for me. I admit the Warsaw stock is slightly awkward, but I'm acclimating myself to it.

I tend to lean towards Warsaw, though sometimes I'll add a buttpad for extra length if I feel I need it. Not really needed for a 223 though, but my Saiga 12 uses a short stock with extended pad. Seems to feel about right. If you're doing something like an ACE folding mechanism, that adds an extra inch or so.

Where I really notice the difference is when doing shoulder transitions: Maintaining a firing grip with your primary hand and switching the butt to the opposite shoulder. The NATO length is a bit long for me here.

Corbin

I cut off 2" from the standard stock using a metal cutting wheel. I drilled a lot of very small holes around the edge (to get good adhesion) and made a flat carbon fiber end cap for it. The receiver still clears my face makes the gun a lot less nose-heavy.