922r Compliance

go to this site and as you check things off it tells you when you're legal

http://thegunwiki.co...erifyCompliance

That worksheet is great but it doesn't apply to the Saiga 12, only standard AK rifles. 922r applies, just not all of the parts on that worksheet.

Buttstock is one part, pistol grip is one part, front handguards are one part. Imported (foreign) parts count against you in that way.

So when I replace the buttstock and front handguard, and add a pistol grip, all three parts being imported, that means I simply cannot count those three parts toward 922r compliance. Is that all?

It means those 3 parts no longer count against you. Other common affected parts are the 3 components that make up the fire control group, and the 3 components that make up a magazine.

Try this:

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

hello all,

I'm a newbie here and am completely new to this 922r stuff.

I've looked at the link where you can check and uncheck different parts to see if you're in compliance or not, but still am a little confused.

I have a factory S12 untouched but want to do a few things. I dont really want to convert the FCG, but I do want to put a tapco collapsible stock with pistol grip on it. I want a flash suppressor, and of course an MD 20 round drum. Oh and probably a trirail forestock with a pistol grip on it.

I think I will be in compliance? So can any of you guys who are in the know tell me if I am or not? thanks!

hello all,

I'm a newbie here and am completely new to this 922r stuff.

I've looked at the link where you can check and uncheck different parts to see if you're in compliance or not, but still am a little confused.

I have a factory S12 untouched but want to do a few things. I dont really want to convert the FCG, but I do want to put a tapco collapsible stock with pistol grip on it. I want a flash suppressor, and of course an MD 20 round drum. Oh and probably a trirail forestock with a pistol grip on it.

I think I will be in compliance? So can any of you guys who are in the know tell me if I am or not? thanks!

Sounds like you'd be compliant with the drum but not with factory mags.

With that said, a properly converted Saiga is far superior to just bolting on a grip/stock combo and it gives you 3 components deeper into compliance. You should re-think your plan.

• 1 year later...

Thanks! I was afraid that because the buttstock, front hand guard, and pistol grip I will be using are NOT USA made parts, then I could not use them toward counted parts to become 922r compliant.

They count against you. He had it backward. Also those checklists aren't quite right for the S-12. It starts at 14 parts with a monte carlo and a thread protector. Adding a pistol grip puts it at 15

What parts are you using?

If you put an imported pistol grip, stock and forearm on a saiga 12 with a threaded barrel, you have 15 foreign parts.

If you use a US trigger group (3) that leaves you with 12 foreign parts. You would need to reduce by 2 more.

Your US mag counts as 3 parts, so you would be legal with it, but not the factory magazine.

your easiest choices are the puck (not the part normally called the piston) and the thread protector.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1