Muzzle Brake and optic question

Hello,

I have a few questions for you guys. First off what type of brakes are you guys using? Do the brakes really reduce the recoil? I am on the fence on buying a tromix competition brake or a poly choke. If anyone has either of these let me know your opinions. Also what optics are you guys running on your saiga 12's? I want to get something around 200.00. I am currently looking at the new Vortex site that looks like a Aimpoint T1.

Thanks,

Paul

I'll be running a Burris FF2 on my S-12 on a side-rail mount when I find a used one for ~$150ish with the Rail-attachment.

I run one on my Pistol and my Rifle. Good little optics. Muzzle brakes on shotguns can only be so useful. What you need are very large baffles, and the gas pressure and volume, to actually make use of the baffles. With a Rifle, it's easy, shotgun, not so much. Ideally, internal chokes, mid barrel comp, and something on the muzzle. BUT you will run into lots of tweaking issues and time sinks if you port/mid-barrel comp a gas operated gun. So be wary.

DSCF1789.jpg