Mods to get EAA s20 to run cheap shells

traded for a well used (estimate 1000 rounds had been shot through it) early EAA a few months ago, and finally managed to get it to run all the cheap shells, stubborn SOB that it was.

Mods are

1. Cobra bolt and carrier polish

2. gunfixer plug

3. KA puck

4. replaced front recoil spring with standard GI 1911 recoil spring

5. held the bolt open for a couple of weeks

It now runs everything on the highest gas setting

special thanks to Cobra for the help

post-16904-12719403147393_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeepranch

Whats 'EEA' mean? Were can i get a KA puck? And this all will help me shoot my S20 using Wally World bulk ammo and not jam. That would be nice because i just paid to get two of the four gas holes ported and it still jams ever other round. Oh yeah, its been polished and has the gunfixer plug. Please help me on not giving up on this beautiful thing.

Glad I could be of service Jeepranch! A gun a sweet lookin as that needs to run like a scalded dawg!

AK_Rider EAA stands for European American Armory. They were the importer before RAAC started bringing them in for us. Before that it K (Kalashnikov) -USA.

KA stands for King Armory....they used to be a vendor here.

Whats 'EEA' mean? Were can i get a KA puck? And this all will help me shoot my S20 using Wally World bulk ammo and not jam. That would be nice because i just paid to get two of the four gas holes ported and it still jams ever other round. Oh yeah, its been polished and has the gunfixer plug. Please help me on not giving up on this beautiful thing.

Get Cobra to polish it up for you, and put a 1911 standard spring to replace the front one, you should be good to go

Glad I could be of service Jeepranch! A gun a sweet lookin as that needs to run like a scalded dawg!

AK_Rider EAA stands for European American Armory. They were the importer before RAAC started bringing them in for us. Before that it K (Kalashnikov) -USA.

KA stands for King Armory....they used to be a vendor here.

a scalded dog indeed, itill gobble anything now Cobra, thanks.

Newbie here....just picked up S20 today. Havea buncha ammo on tap to test drive gun tomorrow.

Can you provide links / details to each of the upgrades? Several I've searched for but cannot find enuf info.

Thanx in advance for whatever info you got.

Edited by garandman

Early test results - fired 6 rounds of two different kinds of "cheap" Wally World shells....zero failures.

is this off the shelf, or a modded gun?

Found it on Gunbroker for $300. Looks factory original. Factory stock (no PG) and barrell length. Far as I can tell, no mods. A pretty good groove worn in from the safety. In fairly good condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Early test results - fired 6 rounds of two different kinds of "cheap" Wally World shells....zero failures.

is this off the shelf, or a modded gun?

Found it on Gunbroker for $300. Looks factory original. Factory stock (no PG) and barrell length. Far as I can tell, no mods. A pretty good groove worn in from the safety. In fairly good condition.

consider yourself very lucky

[consider yourself very lucky

I do.

I'm also thankful for your list of mods (above) which I followed in doing my conversion. My gun is still in the break in period, but seems to cycle everything but Winchester valu pak stuff (seems to be the case for everybody.)

Based on my work on my Spikes Tactical 22rf, and getting that to work, I'm also gonna get the JTE hammer spring. The main thing that worked in getting my Spikes to work was the lighter hammer spring. Which makes sense, as re-setting the hammer is the # 1 consumer of kinetic energy in the bolt / carrier moving backward, and ultimately any FTE's..