AK-100 series folding stock

Hi guys.

I'm considering an AK-100 series side folder for my Saiga 223 and eventually my Draco (once I can SBR it):

S-223copy.jpg

Dracoright.jpg

I'm talking about this folder:

ak74%20side%20folder.jpg

Or the solid model:

d_876.jpg

For those of you that have them, please feel free to comment. A few of the questions I would ask are:

*How difficult was it to mod the receiver to add the rear trunnion? If you had it done by someone else, how much did it cost?

*Does the front latching hook catch on your front hand if you're holding onto the mag/receiver area (aka the Spetsnaz grip)? I'm a lefty, so my right fingers would be near it, I think.

*Does the stock lock up solid when unfolded? No rattle or wobble?

*Does the solid model still have the trapdoor to hold a cleaning kit?

Thanks

Corbin

I'm curious of how these folding stocks work also; particularly the solid one. Can anyone provide insight on these? Do these stocks stay locked into place in both folded & open positions? Or are they rather unstable in one or the other? I am a complete newb when it comes to folding stocks.

Welcome to the forum Kilryth. :beer:

I know that they lock in both positions. The small hook on the left side of the receiver locks them shut. That was the hook I was worried might catch on your front hand when the stock is extended. I suspect they are fairly solid when extended, but don't have first hand knowledge there.

Corbin

• 1 month later...

My only complaint is that they fold to the left. They do clear the optics mount on the left side of the receiver, however, they do not clear any optics mounted to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't the change to the receiver remove part of the EAA import markings? I'm fairly certain that's a big no no.

Markings on guns are like mattress tags. Once you own it, you can remove them.

You can't touch the serial number (but it's not in the way of this procedure).

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since I handled a couple of Arsenal's with the solid folder, I've wanted one for mine. It feels just like the regular stock when extended, and folds. It is far and away the best authentic folder for AK's.

• 1 month later...

Corbin:> I currently own a solid Poly folder and they are great. I have owned a triangle folder and it was slightly less kick ass, but still solid.

ASLO: If anyone has Poly folders and hardward for less than $224, please PM me. :super:

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I have seen some excellent tutorials and discussion threads about the AK100 stock/hinge install on various AKcentric websites.

Do a search here then check each of the various sites and YouTube for thye one you like the best.

Cheers

Harv