FBI HRT S12

Although they have a few Tromix entry guns already, they've requested a new model with some interesting design changes.

This is the first look anyone has had at it.

HRT3.jpg

HRT2.jpg

HRT4.jpg

Here's the breaching ammo they're using:

HRT1.jpg

HRT7.jpg

Although they have a few Tromix entry guns already, they've requested a new model with some interesting design changes.

Very interesting Bob. It's got no stock so the FBI must be planning to use it for some very specialized role. I wonder if they intend to use it as a specialty door breaching weapon, or for something else. Oh and do you happen to know if that AR style safety is just a one-time thing Tony is doing only for this particular Saiga 12, or if it is an option Tony also plans to offer in the future on his regular Saiga 12 conversions?

Edited by Frogfoot

This gun is intended for the express purpose of door breaching and is NOT select-fire. We did provide them with select fire demos in the past but they know (as we do) that it's not a very practical LE gun.

My understanding is that only the front man has the breaching gun, and once in, he swings it over his shoulder in favor of the MP5.

That safety was a ton of work but boy does it function perfectly. Snaps back and forth just like an AR. Maybe even crisper. If it becomes an option, it will be expensive.

They specifically requested the Kross rail! I suppose they are going to mount lights on it. And of course the VFG is critical for a gun without a stock.

This gun is intended for the express purpose of door breaching and is NOT select-fire. We did provide them with select fire demos in the past but they know (as we do) that it's not a very practical LE gun.

My understanding is that only the front man has the breaching gun, and once in, he swings it over his shoulder in favor of the MP5.

That safety was a ton of work but boy does it function perfectly. Snaps back and forth just like an AR. Maybe even crisper. If it becomes an option, it will be expensive.

They specifically requested the Kross rail! I suppose they are going to mount lights on it. And of course the VFG is critical for a gun without a stock.

What about a Galil style safety?

Very interesting info Bob, thanks for sharing. Expensive or not I still hope Tony does offers that AR style safety as an option at some point down the road. I would definitely be willing to save up the money to have Tony install one in my Saiga 12.

So if the FBI wants a AOW, they just get one, or is there some special paper work involved? The AR safety is the shizzy!

If I remember right law enforcement agencies do transfers of Title II (NFA) firearms using a Form 5, which like a Form 3 is a tax exempt NFA transfer form.

Edited by Frogfoot

So if the FBI wants a AOW, they just get one, or is there some special paper work involved? The AR safety is the shizzy!

It's not an AOW. It's an SBS.

It doesn't have a stock, so with the foregrip wouldn't it be considered an AOW? Sweet looking rig no matter what you call it.

It doesn't have a stock, so with the foregrip wouldn't it be considered an AOW? Sweet looking rig no matter what you call it.

You can't build an AOW out of a shotgun. It would have to be built from scratch on a new reciever.

Another amazing Tromix build! The safety mod feature is really slick and having our hand guard included on an application such as this is an honor to say the least.

I'll say this, Tony and the Tromix crew just continue to push the bar. The fact that every single Tromix build since day one features the same attention to detail and quality used in federal law enforcement applications of the highest magnitude is truly impressive, not to mention being able to do all that with the new and improved ordering process and crazy fast turnaround times.

Great job and thanks for sharing the sneak peak pics!

Zach

Kross, LLC

Zach makes a good point; I've seen literally thousands of Tony's builds and I can say without reservation that every gun receives the same attention to quality as this high-visibility build.

Congrats to Zach and the Kross crew. The FBI said "we want the Kross rail".

Took my brother-in-law, who is a Fed (not FBI) and on one of it's tactical teams, out to my local range two years ago. Introduced him and a few of his co-workers to the Saiga-12. Now, every time he comes home, the first thing he says to me while shaking my hand is "...range, when?".

I sent him a link to this thread and he is really impressed. Explained to me the role that it would play. After our talk, had a great idea for a model name and logo. Engrave a skeleton key on the receiver with the words Key to the City.

As usual, amazing piece of work from Tony.