AimPoint Micro T1 Clone

I have finally thrown in the towel on the hpoes LaRue Tactical ever coming out with a revamped Iron Dot. They just do not seem to be seriously committed to the project. As a fall back. I am considering an Aimpoint Micro T1 clone as I really can't justify the $'s for a real one. Has anyone out there had any success with the T1 clone versions? Are they robust enough to hold up to a 7.62 x 39mm for every day use? What are some of the practical limitations and tradeoffs for going the clone route? Whose version do you recommend? Can you point me to a reliable vendor for one of these T1 clones?

Zonie

Thnaks,

Steve

I have finally thrown in the towel on the hpoes LaRue Tactical ever coming out with a revamped Iron Dot. They just do not seem to be seriously committed to the project. As a fall back. I am considering an Aimpoint Micro T1 clone as I really can't justify the $'s for a real one. Has anyone out there had any success with the T1 clone versions? Are they robust enough to hold up to a 7.62 x 39mm for every day use? What are some of the practical limitations and tradeoffs for going the clone route? Whose version do you recommend? Can you point me to a reliable vendor for one of these T1 clones?

Zonie

Thnaks,

Steve

Primary arms makes on that co-witnesses with the ultimak rail. I sold my aimpoint to fund my 103 project and got the primary arms knock off....haven't looked back. Runs great.

I was in a similar situation a month ago and if I hadn't stumbled across a deal on a demo model T-1, I probably would have gotten a clone. I looked at some on Ebay and talked with a few guys that had bought some from airsoft shops/dealers. While the Airsoft ones might be solidly built to stand up to the rigors of the game, the recoil of a real rifle or shotgun could very likely stress them out enough to cause issues. Maybe on a 223 they might be ok. Maybe.

Of the clones, I've heard that the Ebay seller called taotaolieren (hope I spelled that right) carries some good stuff. Some of the airsoft guys said that his clones were "in between" the real thing and most airsoft clones, quality wise. So while they might not be the best, they don't cost 400 bucks either.

Hope this helps.

Corbin

*EDIT* Yeah, I forgot about the Primary Arms model, but Sal's post reminded me. Top quality piece.

Edited by Corbin

i have a clone on mine, it holds its zero ok but they really dont like the recoil that much. mine does dim under recoil - still visible and ok to use, just an observation. This same one does not like being on my 44 mag wheelgun, recoil on that with magnum loads shuts it off after a few rounds.

I just picked up a Primary Arms Micro Dot Gen1 and an Ultimak Rail M1-B for my Romy and have also used it on a friends Saiga 12 with no issues. You just cant beat the quality for the price. I was going to get a Vortex(which they carry also) but I just couldnt bring myself to spend that much money on a china import. I am glad I got the Primary Arms Micro though, it works great and my wife didnt get mad when she saw the bill, haha. The guys over there helped me pick the best set up for my AK, they are good guys and knowledgable about the products they sell...and they got my order to me less then 3 days from when I placed my order :super: Anyways sorry for going off there I just am very please with my purchase and the whole experience. Here is the link if your intrested.

<Link Removed>

Edited for failure to spell check..

Edited by Nailbomb
Removed Non-Buisness member Link

Primary Arms or the Konus Atomic Pro. I've heard nothing but good things about the Konus and it has a no question asked lifetime warranty. The Konus also has much better battery life, so I'm told.

On a side note I'm using the Vortex SPARC on my MSAR STG and it would be an excellent optic as well. It is more durable than the above, water proof, recoil tested (358 Win Mag 1000 rounds IIRC), NV mode, auto off, 3 mounts, and a workable 2x.