I scoped a Mauser and my Saiga over the winter and finally got a chance to go shoot them yesterday up north. After I got all my adjustments made at about 30 yds I spotted a plastic bucket about 60 or 70 yds away through some brush so I decided this would be a realistic "deer hunting" kind of shooting.

I took shots with Turk 8mm mauser and then the saiga using Wolf 154 grn HP and the 122 grn HP. All the shots hit the target but the HP must have hit a twig and tumbled, there was a perfect silhouette of the bullet in one side and out the other sideways.

Anyhow I used a side mount on the saiga and a b-square on the mauser and got about 1 inch or smaller (and a few bigger) groups at 30 yds. So these seem to be good mounts though I had to use Loctite on the b-square to keep the screws from loosening.

:killer:

Edited by billofthenorth

pretty good shootin' man. What kind of scope you got on the saiga? i took mine out to the range saturday. Just got my sidemount in thursday. I got a BSA 30mm red dot sight for it. it took me a little while to get it sighted in..but when i did...holy crap!! that thing is freaking sweet. i made my first zero at 25 yds, then moved it out to 50yds. went through a 30 rnd mag, and there was not a bullseye left to speak of. That was my first experience with a red dot scope and i am completely sold on them. My dad went out there with me, and he was so impressed hes getting one for his 12g rem 11-87 and another for his 870 express. Ive got a smooth bore rem 1100 that shoots slugs better than and rifled bore ive ever seen. I cant wait to get a BSA on that thing and take er out for a spin