Hello all,love the sight,and thanks for not responses to my posts. I commented on the patriot act and such on the topic in the 'saiga 7.62 forum, but figured I had to list this hear. I have attached the new federal AWB additions that will affect all long gun owners in one form or another.And due to the legal speak in it it opens doors for everyone to be popped on some violation(!?!?) PLEASE LOOK at it and readit,pass it your friends.This is like the California bans and worse,I know Feinstein,Boxer,and every other anti gunner in the Senate/House of Rep. is behind this.I may have a list-see if your 'representatives' are listed,I will add it if I find it. :killer::chris::eek::super::super:

Assault_Weapons_Ban_and_Law_Enforcement_Protection_Act_of_2003.htm

i think im gunna be sick! most of those "weapons" to be banned are common rifles. why is the mini 14 going to be banned? saiga, hi point, ak, ar-15 - none of these should be banned, and as far as im concerned, this is complete bullshit.

im finally employed again, so i will be purchasing as many of those "assult weapons" as i can before september

it's sad that a country that is supposed to be free is taking away our rights one at a time. i was raised in a military family, ive always been a supporter of a strong centralized government, and ive also been a bush supporter. but with things such as this ban, patriot act, and other unconstitutional acts, and laws, ive begun to change my mind

Well its been in commitee since July, chances are it will never make it out for a vote so those yahoos will have to draw up and submit another, I think there is at least 3 of these submitted a year, they use it to bargain on other legislation and attach parts of this one to them.

But it never hurts to keep your eyes open about this stuff, if it ever comes to a vote, MAKE NOISE!

:chris::super: Hi all, I am back with a couple things that make you go 'hhmmmm'.. I was in the local Turner's Outdoorsman over here and was talking to the gun guys. i found out that they can no longer sell Browning BAR hunting rifles because they come with a sort of adjustable muzzlebrake on them and the barrel is threaded,even though they only hold 4-5 rounds in the magazine.On the other hand,M1A's are still sold even thouugh the barrel(?) is threaded to accept the front site/muzzlebrake assembly. the reason i mention this is because they will both be considered 'assault weapons' under the proposed additions. The Mini 14 and the M1 carbine? the only info I have on them being banned is due to them both using detachable magazines,they have a 'pistol grip'-READ the 'pistol grip' section on the attachment, AND/OR they all share the same basic action as the M! Garand-sounds like a'anything with this style action is banned' thing to me (I have suffered through 2,3,4? bans in california),this is why I cannot get a saiga and I WANT ONE BAD!!! but I can get a pump action AK that will take my 75 rounders-soon banned if this passes. also the new proposal lists an assault weapon(GOD I HATE USING THIS WORD IN MISCLASSIFYING A WEAPON) as ANY centerfire rifle that accepts a detachable mag and any ONE of...pistol grip,thumbhole,blah,blah...but a STOCK Mini14,M1 carbine,etc does not have a p-grip,flashhider,etc,so it HAS to be a 'series' thing or the standard riflestock is now a 'pistolgrip'(read the attachment!),your remington semi auto hunting rifles-bye,bye;pump or slide action hunting rifles-bye,bye;lever action-could be bye,bye. AND the worst-Your SAIGA is now an AW- semi auto shotgun with a clip? OH NO TOO DANGEROUS! BUT I can still get a .50 cal rifle, Steyr SSG 10 shot bolt action,still keep my 98Mauser(ok a Czech VZ24) with its 20 round trench mag. and with 8mm at 200 yards + I WILL punch through a threat level 3 vest. If I move somewhere else(hope to soon) I can do the paperwork and buy a legal M16,HK,or MG42 if I have the cash,become a legal class 3 owner. Yet,and I know some members are LE and a couple of my friends are also, but the police in a lot of situations are looking more military everyday-EVERY police car I see in So Cal has an AR-15 of some sort in the holder,the shotguns are essentially only loaded with bean bags now,but they are instructed to grab the AR 1st!? Just more info to chew on...still looking for the list of supporters for this ban addition,and if anyone knows please say so-is Bush still against the ban or is he going to support an extension(what I heard),he is flipping each way faster than a pancake! til next time,stay safe everyone and have a great weekend!!!
your remington semi auto hunting rifles-bye,bye

i just cant imagine anyone classifieing a remington 7400 as an "assult weapon" the same goes with a mini 14.

in a few years, i plan on applying for a class 3 license. i believe it runs about $200 or so, and takes up to 6 months to recieve if your background check clears. $200 isnt much, but banned weapons cost a lot. even if i could get the license, i doubt i could afford anything.

:bann: Hi Chip, I cannot see banning a Remington 7400,742 or the pump 7600(?),Browning BAR, Mini 14,M1carbine,,etc. That is what seems so insidious about this proposal,it targets ALL semi autos,pumps,maybe lever actions,anything that can even remotely rapid fire but does not mention multiple round carrying bolt actions-they cannot go and piss off all the 'legitimate hunting people/firearms owners',only the 'evil ones'. Same for shotguns-I would personally find it much easier to have and load/unload a clip fed shotgun(if I had one!),than my 11/87 or my Benelli Nova tactical-tube magazines are a pain to unload,you have to cycle the action for every round.REALLY makes you wonder what is cooking behind the scenes. Regarding your comment on getting a Class 3 license. Basically all you have to do is go to a Class 3 dealer,pick out what you wwant and then suffer through the paper work,you fill out the forms,give 2 sets of finger prints and ,here is the tough part,get the local CLEO-chief law enforcement officer-sherrif,police capt.,etc to sign off on the paperwork stating that he has no reason to believe that you should not be able to own a C3 weapon.Then the dealer sends it off to the FBI and BATF for the background checks,chicken sacrificing,etc and this is what takes FOREVER. If you and the dealer get the 'ok' you finish the paperwork,pay your $200 transfer tax and get your tax stamp,get your new weapon and you are a happy owner. There really is no 'license',the $200 has to be paid for every Class 3 weapon you buy or is transferred between individuals,but ther are exceptions.If you want a Mossberg cruiser shotgun with a 12 inch barrel(never had a stock installed from the factory) ,it is classified as an AOW and has a $5 fee,same paperwork amount.Same for an AK built from scratch with a virgin receiver-you can have a semi auto Krink! These weapons can NEVER have a butstock mounted,if you do,it is a short barreled rifle and is a felony offense.If you have a short barreled rifle or shotgun made or buy one,pay the $200,you can have a any stock you want,or no stock. Major grief is transport,an AOWW can be transported across state lines(with regards to the individual state laws) without notifying the BATF.A SBR or SBS owner must notify the BATF in writing and get approval before travelling across state lines. Hope this helps. I personally want a WW2 MP40 and a Beretta M93R machine pistol('only' $12K!). Buy the Small Arms Review to get an idea on C3 weapons,prices ,etc and it is a good read! I rambled again,sorry to everyone! :osama::sadam::killer:

that helps to clear things up a bit. its hard to find information on that subject online. i dont think i would have any problem with the chief law enforcement officer signing off on my papers since i have never been arrested, or charged with any crime. living in texas probably helps too. i just cant afford to pay large amounts of money for a fully automatic weapon yet

• 2 weeks later...
:super: Hi all, hope all is as well as can be expected with everyone.I read about the HK PSG1 comment. I believe they were basically banned for 'us' to buy when the HK91,93,Valmets,SIGS,FNC's ,etc were all banned. Last REAL PSG1 I saw was in DEC. at the Small Arms Review building at the HUGE Phoenix gun show-and I quote "I got any ting you want" that show is awsome, you could get basically what your heart desires. I will say that if they plan on doing any kind of mass gun grab and we are on our toes....GGOOODD LLUCK!!! I saw enough firepower there to take on any size terrorist or other group of a@@@ holes that would try anything.Not to mention components to build hundreds or even thousands of weapons.I could have blowwn $500G's in there and that is being PICKY! I digress... The price I saw on a GENUINE PSG1 with scope,clips,case,etc was about $8-10,000. Now some copies or conversions may be around,but I do not believe any are being imported for us civilians. I will say everyone else that I have emailed this proposed ban to has started going 'HHMMMMMM............... Especially some old and not so vets I know. I have found it interesting how this or other legislation that affects so many people goes unnoticed,unpublished,unmentioned,etc by all forms of the mass media and then it gets passed 'without our knowledge' and we find out about it when we have,wwant ,or need to take care of/do whatever and we find 'oh no you cannot do/say this or that anymore...." A final quote from Thomas Jefferson "A government strong enough to give you everything,is strong enough to take everything away from you"
  • 1 month later...

Didn't you all love the part about how any firearm procured by the military or leo agency will be considered unsuitable for sporting use.

In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.

So essentially, my brothers rem 870, and the SAVAGE i might buy, as well as any rem 700s could be outlawed. I suspect this bill will just pigeonhole, tho. Its too controversial, and no speaker in his right mind would let this happen.

:eek::eek: Hi DoubleD,where did you find that quote? Let me get this quote straight because it sounds so idiotic- '...a firearm SHALL NOT be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes soley because the firearm IS suitable for a sporting event" -!?!?!?! WTF!

This sounds like the typical Gov't double speak that goes on nowadays,reminds me of a saying I heard years ago referring to an 'incident' -'It was necessary to destroy the village in order to save it.' It is like saying you can buy your ferrari at the local dealer and even though you buy it license it and insure it so you can drive it on the street and it is certified for the street,does not make it legal to drive on the street! GOD I HATE POLITICIANS!!!!

Hey here is one for all of you-did you know that as long as you adhere to the regulations on 922r and the NFA, Federal law DOES NOT prohibit you from building your own rifle for your own private use? You can build your own AK and do not have to register it-of course this is federal law,check your local ones. But I say federal overrides state.....

If you do this,here is where I need to download and clarify, you have to engrave you name ,state and give it a 'serial #', I have also seen it written where you do not.If I can get the law downloaded I will post it.

Final note on the vote,Bush was going to let the bill pass BUT when F**kstein and other cronies put the AWB and Gun Mfg liability ammendments on it,this is what killed it ALTHOUGH 8 still voted for it-I wonder who the 8 were?

<_<

I think it is time for everyone to read George Orwell's '1984' it is scary to read this and then find parallels to what is going on nowadays in society and the government.

• 7 years later...

Damnit, I read half this thread befor I seen the FUCKIN Date!!!010.gif

How does anybody ACCIDENTALLY bump a thread this old??? DRUNK???

That or....sometimes ill log on and the most current posted topic comes up and I start reading and it turns out that the last post was years ago but for some reason it shows it to me as the most resent. No idea why.

I read this last night on my phone and I didnt notice the time stamp. It about made me sick when I read it. You really freaked me out, I was about to go spend half my paycheck on magazines. There are many AWB rifles that I want and another ban would be sure to crush my dreams.