How many holes?

Mine has 1, I have seen 4, 3 ,2. WTF is the deal with those Russians? Does anyone have a 12 that has one hole in the blow-back chamber and still have it shoot cheap low brass with out FTEs? I am trying to figure out the formula, I know i gotta convert it but I plan on doing a little polishing on the internals. I do wanna install a buffer pad and a new gas adjustment tube(from chaos).

Have you tried shooting it with bird shot yet?

There is one large hole in the gas block, and some number of smaller holes in the barrel. Therefore, if you are looking into the gas block with the cam removed you will see one large hole. If you stick a pick in there you should be able to make out how many holes are in the barrel.

Enjoy.

Edited by hobbyshooter

There may be another hole or two obscured by the lip of the hole in the gas block. Take a dental pick and make sure. Or, another hole or two may be covered up by the block. Send it in for warranty work if indicated.

shoot it first, or else how do we know to approve a warranty shipping label and repair for you?

fire a few heavy loads down it to loosen the gun up first, then try some Federal 1 1/8oz bulk pack with a good tight stance and grip on the gun....it should be fine.

hey guys... i have a 3 holer that i can see one hole and can get the other 2 with a paperclip just fine... should that be ok or should i send it in. o i have not fired it yet.

If you have a 3 holer you should be ok. Just run the heavier bulk birdshot (ie 1 oz or 1 1/8, not the 7/8 oz) and stay away from winchester from wal-mart. The federal from wal-mart is fine though.

Take it to the range, shoot it and if it doesn't cycle birdshot on #2 setting then worry about it ;)

hey guys... i have a 3 holer that i can see one hole and can get the other 2 with a paperclip just fine... should that be ok or should i send it in. o i have not fired it yet.

If you have a 3 holer you should be ok. Just run the heavier bulk birdshot (ie 1 oz or 1 1/8, not the 7/8 oz) and stay away from winchester from wal-mart. The federal from wal-mart is fine though.

Take it to the range, shoot it and if it doesn't cycle birdshot on #2 setting then worry about it ;)

thanks for the reply. i will be shooting it next week.

shoot it first, or else how do we know to approve a warranty shipping label and repair for you?

fire a few heavy loads down it to loosen the gun up first, then try some Federal 1 1/8oz bulk pack with a good tight stance and grip on the gun....it should be fine.

thanks man. i was just wondering if the issue was with the holes being covered totally or not seeing them. cause i can't see them but the paper clip goes in to the barrel with ease.