Finally found a semi auto that the wife can work (weak hands can't pull the slide back). Turns out it's a Yugo M57 7.62 x 25 Tok. The design, much like our beloved AK's is tried, true and reliable. The round is also proven to be effective so I figured, why not. Anyway, I know that the Romanian and Polish Mags won't work, but that issue is easily resolved with a CZ52 mag and a dremel. However, what other parts are not interchangeable? Will the slides, barrels, hammer assemblies and such all fit between these models? I figure if anyone knows, it's you guys.

....Anyway, I know that the Romanian and Polish Mags won't work, but that issue is easily resolved with a CZ52 mag and a dremel.....

Out of curiosity, how can an 8 round CZ52 mag be modified to work in a Yugo Tokarev which uses taller 9 round mags? Wouldn't that be like trying to use a Glock 19 mag in a Glock 17? Even if you dremeled a magazine catch slot in the side of the CZ52 mag, wouldn't the mag still be too short for the slot to reach the magazine release button/catch?

Edited by Frogfoot

According to what I read, the CZ52 mags catch somewhere down on the bottom of the magazine, which is why they only hold 8 rounds. However the length and width is correct, so cutting a notch in the correct location allows them to function (only as 8 round mags though) in the M57. Less capacity, but still functional and useful. Good back up mags.

Never had a chance to try them in a Yugo, but they work just fine in a Chinese TT clone. The CZ mags are just a little bit larger in one dimension or another than the TT mags, so you can jam them into the TT mag well, and they'll stay up there from the tension. You have to yank pretty hard to remove them, though. They feed just fine, but I don't recall if the activate the slide hold open (I think they do, just not certain).

The 2 mags mine came with are night and day. One works great, the other doesn't lock in place, I have to palm it to keep it from dropping out. They are hard to find, one of these days I'll get off my lazy ass and fab up my own with a cnc laser and bender. I wonder what springs would work well in there.

• 4 months later...

Ok, for you Yugo Tok fans, like me. I have 2 options for you for extra mag's

One, convert a CZ-52 mag, see it done here.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?163480-Yugo-M57-tokarev-alternate-magazine-option

I have done 3 this way all with good results. The CZ mag is the same size, and can be modified for the 9th round as well, I just didn't save the site that I got that info from. I have 3 Yugo Toks and a brace od CZ-52's & all the mag's interchange with a little work.

OR

NEW, US made ones for $28. I have ordered 5... :-) Got them and they work great.

http://www.ccsportingarms.com/main.sc

THEY ARE HERE!!!

Yugoslavian M-57 9-Round Magazines

So sought after yet so difficult to find, we developed our own US made version!

Carefully evaluated and approved at each stage of development, these magazines meet the high standard of quality customers have come to expect from CCSA. This initial offering is very small and will undoubtedly sell out quickly at the introductory price of $28.00 each. Price includes shipping via USPS Priority Mail. There is a limit of 5 magazines per order.Pictures will be posted soon!

To order, please contact Mike at: sales@ccsportingarms.com or 570-369-9429

I bought my Yugo TT from ccsportingarms . com. Infact I drove out to his place last year to pick it up. He's only 45min away from me in Pottstown Pa(i think). He's a cool dude who's into E. European weapons and accessories.