How to check for cant

Regretably, I'm almost an expert on Draco sight cant.... long story.

The biggest and easiest tell tale sign of a canted fron sight is that the sight drum will be sticking way out to one side of the front sight base. They are usually canted to the left. You can look at it from the muzzle and see the 'cant' in it as well. Make sure the weapon is unloaded, lol.

As for the rear sight, you will need 2 straight edges or rulers (two rulers, straws, pencils, or whatever straight items are laying around). Take the reciever cover off and remove the bolt carrier. Put the Draco on a table with it hanging off of the table from the trigger guard back. Place one straight edge on the 'rails' of the reciever by the front trunnion and the other on the flat part of the rear sight. If the straight edges do not look parallel with one another, some thing is canted , warped or twisted.

I recently ordered a Draco and it had a canted front sight, canted rear sight, and a warped reciever. If you ordered a Draco and haven't had it transfered yet. Check it out when it gets to your FFL before you transfer. If it is 'twisted', call the dealer/seller and send it back for a straight one. Did you request non-canted sights? Who dod you order from, if so?

If you are going to a shop to check one out and they will not let you check it out good, tell them you will go somewhere else if they don't let you.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Thanks for the infor. I ordered from Centerfiresystem. It doesn't look cant. However, I will use your method again.

The biggest and easiest tell tale sign of a canted fron sight is that the sight drum will be sticking way out to one side of the front sight base. They are usually canted to the left. You can look at it from the muzzle and see the 'cant' in it as well. Make sure the weapon is unloaded, lol.

As for the rear sight, you will need 2 straight edges or rulers (two rulers, straws, pencils, or whatever straight items are laying around). Take the reciever cover off and remove the bolt carrier. Put the Draco on a table with it hanging off of the table from the trigger guard back. Place one straight edge on the 'rails' of the reciever by the front trunnion and the other on the flat part of the rear sight. If the straight edges do not look parallel with one another, some thing is canted , warped or twisted.

I recently ordered a Draco and it had a canted front sight, canted rear sight, and a warped reciever. If you ordered a Draco and haven't had it transfered yet. Check it out when it gets to your FFL before you transfer. If it is 'twisted', call the dealer/seller and send it back for a straight one. Did you request non-canted sights? Who dod you order from, if so?

If you are going to a shop to check one out and they will not let you check it out good, tell them you will go somewhere else if they don't let you.

No problem, glad to help. How was your experience with Centerfire? Did you request a weapon without canted sights? How much was the Draco minus transfer fees?

Thanks for the infor. I ordered from Centerfiresystem. It doesn't look cant. However, I will use your method again.

Purchased my Draco from Centerfire. One I received was a "Vodka Special" with a left canted rear sight block, messed up rivets, very sloppy action, bolt carrier seriously hanging up in gas block and many jams in 60 rnds. Talked with Centerfire and they graciously accepted the return, hand picked a good one and even test fired it. Bought my Saiga X39 from them last year. Good folks to deal with. Draco price $329 (3% more if by credit card) plus $15 S&H = $344. Even though there was a little more expense and hassle, it was worth it in the end because the one I ended up with is perfect! If you are familiar with the fit-n-finish/quality of a Saiga, don't expect the same from a Romanian Cugir product.