Anyone try red loctite for thread locking on a brake at the muzzle?

I only use blue myself. I don't want anything too hard to get back off of my muzzle, with all the different accessories I have for it.

Red or green is semi permanent if you use that. You can still heat it up good and get it off, but you might discolor or possibly damage it that way.

No, but after I repaint the end of my barrel and blue the threads I'm going to either put a small easily removable tac weld on my flash hider or use red loctite on it. After 43 rounds through the 7.62, my DPH Arms phantom flash hider went flying today. 4 of us combed the area and couldn't find it. Going to order a new one and give it another shot.

I used red Loctite on my muzzle brake just to prevent an unexpected detachment. I have no plans to swap the current device so semi-permanent thread locker sounds about right. If I were wanting to swap devices, I'd probably drill the FSB and put in a spring and plunger and not use any Loctite.

Red loctite takes like 400 degrees to turn it loose. So yeah if you're not ever going to remove it I'd use red. Myself I would use the blue it is a medium strength and if you clean the surfaces good before using it it will hold just fine. I've used the blue with good results on a number of different firearm parts.

i lost the indent pin on an amd once.....i red locktighted the tank brake on and it worked fine...when i finally wanted it off i shot it some, then used a big screwdriver to unscrew it...never had any problems with it while on there....

red locktight works fine

Red loctite takes like 400 degrees to turn it loose. So yeah if you're not ever going to remove it I'd use red. Myself I would use the blue it is a medium strength and if you clean the surfaces good before using it it will hold just fine. I've used the blue with good results on a number of different firearm parts.

400 degrees isn't very much, remember paper burns at 454.