Putting a underfolder on a saiga rifle

I'm sure there are threads about this but I cant find it. I have wanted a under folder ak for a while but never have liked the quality of the stuff i can afford. I have a Saiga 7.62 x 39 that I'm going to convert. I have seen under folder stocks and trunnions for sale has any one converted a Saiga to a under folder. How hard was it? are there shops out there that do this conversion? just ideas any help would be appreciated.

while not a saiga i built a polish underfolder....

i had a normal stamped reciever and had to do the cutouts myself...not too miuch different than what you will be doing....

the underfolder rear trunion has 3 rivit holes on each side.....the two you have on the saiga and another one a little forward and below the long rivit.

on each side of the reciever you have about a half inch hole that the thing will hinge on

on both sides at 9 o clock and 3 o clock you will have another hole that is about 1/4 inch.

the ejectionport side of the gun has a piece that sits outside of the reciever and locks it open and closed. the non ejection port side has a piece about the same but inside the reciever.

you will have to remove your old trunion, locate the 3rd hole on each side, drill it, then locate the big center hole, and the two smaller holes at 9 and 3 o clock of the big hole....

you will need 4 short rivits and 1 long one. the one long one like i said will be where the long one is on your saiga. the front ones will be like the trunion in your saiga. then a lower pair like the front ones. i used a long rivit and 4 10/32 button head screws grade 8 and tapped the "short rivit" holes.

it can be done, you need rearmer bits, drill bits, a drill press, and when you fianlly get everything drilled and the trunion mounted then you need at least 3 sets of hands, to get everything together, which involes, a large hollow shaft, a small solid shaft, a spring, the pieces i mentioned, a few pins, a button, and a sling loop. it is not impossible.....but it is just as hard if not harder than the side folder. if you need any help feel free to pm me, and i'll try and give you some pictures of whatever you need...

i converted one of my (7.62x39) saigas to under folder. i used a Romanian parts kit with the milled uf stock. the romy trunion rivet holes do not line up with your saiga's factory holes. i have a welder and was filling the left over factory trigger group holes holes anyway so this was no concern for me. if you have any kind of metal working skills it shouldn't be a problem. it went pretty straight forward really. just measure, drill, slap the new trunnion in, assemble the stock's spring, nuts, bolt, pins etc and you're done.

only real problem i had was the new trunnion wouldn't clear the rivet i put in the rear part of the trigger guard. i just popped out the rivet and plug welded the guard.