I've been trying to get an adapter to use AR mags on my Saiga. Would like one that i can easily remove so i can use my regular saiga adapter. Sort of afraid to get one from MSA and seems renegadebuck doesn't have any in stock.

Edited by notofnow
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knows............All I know is that NOTHING this guy has said to this point has come to fruition. I waited on the email for some pending delivery, I heard the promise of the process being underway

Has anyone recived a tracking number or thier adapter? I have'nt and the post on the website said on the 11th that " tracking numbers go out this week and adapters next week. " The same language wa

Repost from another forum..........       At this time I would like to make a public apology to all customers who ordered or was in wait for an adapter/product that seemed to never arrive, vapor-w

Posted Images

I swear I just posted this yesterday???? Galil also has orlites (expensive and tough to find)and tapco makes a galil mag now.

Galil

The question was are there any other AR mag adapters available so i can use AR magazines besides the adapters i mentioned already. I want to use regular AR mags.

Edited by notofnow

You had more to your original post before you edited it??? You deleted a whole sentence something about stocking up on surefires. I was giving you an alternative to the adapters, which was what the sentence you deleted referred to.

I used Google and found this "old thread". It took me 2 seconds. A couple options in it.

My link

Edited by chupa

notofnow; unfortunately, there are only the 2 adapters for sale currently. MSA and Renegadebuck. MSA requires a lot more work on your gun. Renegadebuck has the better of the two in my opinion. (I did a lot of research on the two for months). Renegadebuck is working a deal with a new machine shop. I believe he's getting close to be able to start producing again. The link that chupa provided is way too old. There are no others out there than the two you/I mentioned. Personally, I would hang in there for renegadebuck's product. it will be well worth it. In my opinion, it's a much better option than looking at galil, circle, or other similar magazines. For now, just use the couple OEM or Surefire mags that you have. You don't need a lot of magazines for day to day shooting. Hang in there and wait for the best option. Renegadebuck.

notofnow; unfortunately, there are only the 2 adapters for sale currently. MSA and Renegadebuck. MSA requires a lot more work on your gun. Renegadebuck has the better of the two in my opinion. (I did a lot of research on the two for months). Renegadebuck is working a deal with a new machine shop. I believe he's getting close to be able to start producing again. The link that chupa provided is way too old. There are no others out there than the two you/I mentioned. Personally, I would hang in there for renegadebuck's product. it will be well worth it. In my opinion, it's a much better option than looking at galil, circle, or other similar magazines. For now, just use the couple OEM or Surefire mags that you have. You don't need a lot of magazines for day to day shooting. Hang in there and wait for the best option. Renegadebuck.

Maybe you can clear something up for me. Do either renegadebuck's or the msa adapter require a bullet guide?

Maybe you can clear something up for me. Do either renegadebuck's or the msa adapter require a bullet guide?

Yes, either way you are going to need a bullet guide, as the Saiga has no feed ramp. Some guns may cycle ammo without a guide but usually not reliably.

Oh well, guess i'll wait. Thanks.

You had more to your original post before you edited it??? You deleted a whole sentence something about stocking up on surefires. I was giving you an alternative to the adapters, which was what the sentence you deleted referred to.

I used Google and found this "old thread". It took me 2 seconds. A couple options in it.

My link

Yes, I edited it so that others would not misunderstand my question. Thanks for your input though.

Just to reiterate, you DO NOT need a bullet guide with the MSA adapter. My Saiga works fine with most standard AR mags. Magpul's are 100% out of the box. Alum 30 rounders, good also. 20 round Alums, depends on the mfg and design in MY experience.

Edited by pogy

pogy; thanks for adding that. I didn't want to comment directly on the MSA and the bullet guide because I don't have any direct experience with that adapter. But it's definitely good for people to know that they don't need a bullet guide for that adapter either.

On a side note; are you saying that the 20 round aluminum mags are the only ones you've have any issues with? If so, what kind of issues. Is it a feeding issue where a bullet guide would be beneficial? I'm involved in a lot of different projects, but when I'm done with my saiga, my plan is to have an AR/Saiga mag adapter, AND a Dinzag Bullet guide. My OEM/Surefire/Promag magazines, I'll be able to do a minor filing on to fit WITH the bullet guide. But this way, I can use almost any .223 magazine available. My primary will be AR/M16 magazines. But I'll be able to snap out the AR/Saiga mag adapter and use galil, circles, promags, etc... Plus, I'll be able to use the original 10 round OEM and surefires. Was just wondering what issues you were having with AR mags.

pogy; thanks for adding that. I didn't want to comment directly on the MSA and the bullet guide because I don't have any direct experience with that adapter. But it's definitely good for people to know that they don't need a bullet guide for that adapter either.

On a side note; are you saying that the 20 round aluminum mags are the only ones you've have any issues with? If so, what kind of issues. Is it a feeding issue where a bullet guide would be beneficial? I'm involved in a lot of different projects, but when I'm done with my saiga, my plan is to have an AR/Saiga mag adapter, AND a Dinzag Bullet guide. My OEM/Surefire/Promag magazines, I'll be able to do a minor filing on to fit WITH the bullet guide. But this way, I can use almost any .223 magazine available. My primary will be AR/M16 magazines. But I'll be able to snap out the AR/Saiga mag adapter and use galil, circles, promags, etc... Plus, I'll be able to use the original 10 round OEM and surefires. Was just wondering what issues you were having with AR mags.

Hey christcorp, if you use a manufactured bullet guide, you will have to adapt it as it is too long and interferes with the AR mags, or so I'm told. I haven't tried one but it has been reported to me.

Thanks for the info renegade. Adding a bullet guide would have been the very last option I would add anyway. And only if I really wanted to. Personally, between your AR/Saiga mag adapter and the ability to remove it (Only if I had to) and able to use original mags, I can't see any real use for a bullet guide and AK style .223 mags. But that's down the road quite a bit. But it's always good to know the options. Thanks... mike...

Christcorp,

The 20 rounders that I have were a very snug fit in the adapter. I guess I could have removed a bit of metal from the adapter but since the 30's fit very well I opted to mod the mags instead. FTF's have never been a problem with any of the mags I own, C Products, Magpul and NHMTG.

Edited by pogy

My concern is that I already modified around 10 Bulgarian Circle 10 mags to work with my Saiga 223. If I have to mod the mag well to get the adapter to fit, I'm wondering if that'll make my mags fit loose, or not work at all.

post 2009 saigas have factory bullet guide, and they can use ak mags

Not correct. I got my S-223 only just 2 weeks ago. Confirmed it is 2010 production, and no bullet guide.

However, if the magazine sits correctly in the adapter you will not need the guide.

Yeah we don't get anything that nice.

We get "sporters" only and they only take the saiga mags. If they have a bullet guide from the factory they don't get imported.

Everything you see here that looks like that is modified after it comes in.

I understood that you had to make the convertion yourself.

In france, guns are prohibited for everyone except for hunters and sport-shooters, you have a very long paperwork to make (6 months but it's free)but you can buy every thing you want, silencers, short barrels, high-cap mags...

I understood that you had to make the convertion yourself.

In france, guns are prohibited for everyone except for hunters and sport-shooters, you have a very long paperwork to make (6 months but it's free)but you can buy every thing you want, silencers, short barrels, high-cap mags...

Every country has its own pluses and minuses. On the other hand, all this conversion ordeal is not a bad thing after all. I went through number of issued AK rifles while in Russian army and thought I knew almost everything about it. But while doing all these conversions, i learned a few things i didnt know before. And to top it off, I get the options the standard issue AK will never have, things like 20/22" barrels, NATO butt stocks, various calibers and crap load of tacticool stuff for people who like it.

• 4 weeks later...

just finished basic conversion on my .223. I have 6 of the poly orlite's so a bullet guide is next. I guess i will have to adapt when renegade gets new batch ready. sweet!!!!

Edited by leadslinger

I've been trying to get an adapter to use AR mags on my Saiga. Would like one that i can easily remove so i can use my regular saiga adapter. Sort of afraid to get one from MSA and seems renegadebuck doesn't have any in stock.

Anyone who is afraid to do business with MSA should go and see the update Nate just put up on the MSA website. I just spoke to him last night and there are some very big changes coming at MSA. He no longer has to outsource all the machine work, and now is doing all the work 'in house', on equipment he owns. The .308 adapters are also ready. All the people still waiting on their back ordered adapters will start seeing tracking numbers and be receiving them starting next week. As soon as he gets caught up with Makc on his vendor dues he will be back here posting himself. For now I am just relaying this message.

It has taken a very long time and he's been through a lot, but it is finally coming together now. There's no more need to be afraid to do biz with MSA. There will be no more shortage of adapters, for .223, 7.62x39, and .308 Saigas...as well as Galil and Galoni. I forgot to ask about the 5.45 but I'm sure that will also be available soon.

• Like 1