• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knows............All I know is that NOTHING this guy has said to this point has come to fruition. I waited on the email for some pending delivery, I heard the promise of the process being underway

Has anyone recived a tracking number or thier adapter? I have'nt and the post on the website said on the 11th that " tracking numbers go out this week and adapters next week. " The same language wa

Repost from another forum..........       At this time I would like to make a public apology to all customers who ordered or was in wait for an adapter/product that seemed to never arrive, vapor-w

Posted Images

renegadebuck where do i see a photo of your mag adapter?

is it steel or alloy?

how much do you charge for 1?

I did a search on here to find all the threads, but I'm not all that computer savvy and couldn't get the searches to go back far enough. You can email me at renegadebuck@gmail.com and I can direct you, or if you are more computer literate, you can search them out here. I'll be glad to help you either way. It is steel, and so far the price hasn't changed in going on 2 years. It will be slightly improved this time, however.

is it steel or alloy?

I did a search on here to find all the threads, but I'm not all that computer savvy and couldn't get the searches to go back far enough. You can email me at renegadebuck@gmail.com and I can direct you, or if you are more computer literate, you can search them out here. I'll be glad to help you either way. It is steel, and so far the price hasn't changed in going on 2 years. It will be slightly improved this time, however.

Renagadebuck, do you have a ideal when yours will be ready?

is it steel or alloy?

Renagadebuck, do you have a ideal when yours will be ready?

I'm shooting for 5 weeks, I hope sooner, but The shop promised delivery in 2 wks from today. Give me a week to weld up a few and test them, and a week to get them anodized. that gives me a week to spare(I hope). I've just about given up on fixing a timeline when I'm not completely in control. I keep ending up in the creek. This is the first time I've gotten a firm commitment from these folks so we'll see.

Renegadebuck, Hopefully I will be ready by then . Thats why I was trying to get a ball park figure so I can try and have my money ready by then. Be sure to let me know when they get ready as I am interested if I can afford it. Hopefully everything will work out for you.

I've been trying to get an adapter to use AR mags on my Saiga. Would like one that i can easily remove so i can use my regular saiga adapter. Sort of afraid to get one from MSA and seems renegadebuck doesn't have any in stock.

Anyone who is afraid to do business with MSA should go and see the update Nate just put up on the MSA website. I just spoke to him last night and there are some very big changes coming at MSA. He no longer has to outsource all the machine work, and now is doing all the work 'in house', on equipment he owns. The .308 adapters are also ready. All the people still waiting on their back ordered adapters will start seeing tracking numbers and be receiving them starting next week. As soon as he gets caught up with Makc on his vendor dues he will be back here posting himself. For now I am just relaying this message.

It has taken a very long time and he's been through a lot, but it is finally coming together now. There's no more need to be afraid to do biz with MSA. There will be no more shortage of adapters, for .223, 7.62x39, and .308 Saigas...as well as Galil and Galoni. I forgot to ask about the 5.45 but I'm sure that will also be available soon.

How far back to his backorders go?

I've been trying to get an adapter to use AR mags on my Saiga. Would like one that i can easily remove so i can use my regular saiga adapter. Sort of afraid to get one from MSA and seems renegadebuck doesn't have any in stock.

Anyone who is afraid to do business with MSA should go and see the update Nate just put up on the MSA website. I just spoke to him last night and there are some very big changes coming at MSA. He no longer has to outsource all the machine work, and now is doing all the work 'in house', on equipment he owns. The .308 adapters are also ready. All the people still waiting on their back ordered adapters will start seeing tracking numbers and be receiving them starting next week. As soon as he gets caught up with Makc on his vendor dues he will be back here posting himself. For now I am just relaying this message.

It has taken a very long time and he's been through a lot, but it is finally coming together now. There's no more need to be afraid to do biz with MSA. There will be no more shortage of adapters, for .223, 7.62x39, and .308 Saigas...as well as Galil and Galoni. I forgot to ask about the 5.45 but I'm sure that will also be available soon.

How far back to his backorders go?

Who knows............All I know is that NOTHING this guy has said to this point has come to fruition. I waited on the email for some pending delivery, I heard the promise of the process being underway and saw the pictures , I paid my money and I don't have a damned thing to show for it. And I'm still both saddened and impressed by peoples faith in the guy. He managed to get it out here and on his website that this process was going on , yet it was difficult to email all the folks he's thus far ripped off for their money. That's an indicator that he's not as much interested in taking care of the folks he's screwed as he is in the next possible victim. If you read this Mr. May how about sending your "Investors/victims" an update instead of hiding like a deadbeat.

• Like 1

I'm betting he's got his act togather just based on the fact that Shannon has communication with him. That said, what most on the forum fail to see time and time again is that many of our business members are one man shows or very small businesses with only a few employees. Something bad happens and the effects are just what you witnessed with Nathan. The good thing is people can overcome adversity and when they come out the other side, hopefully they've learned from the experience. If you really want one of his products, but you're afraid of being burned, there's always companies like CSS that will stock his items.

Has anyone recived a tracking number or thier adapter? I have'nt and the post on the website said on the 11th that " tracking numbers go out this week and adapters next week. " The same language was sent in an email to a "Potential victim" on May 31'st. The stripes have'nt changed.

• Like 1

Has anyone recived a tracking number or thier adapter? I have'nt and the post on the website said on the 11th that " tracking numbers go out this week and adapters next week. " The same language was sent in an email to a "Potential victim" on May 31'st. The stripes have'nt changed.

Solidus..

Dude.. I can understand your frustration with the MSA AR Mag adapter, but do you think slamming the guy is doing any good? If you did purschase an adapter, and you are not happy call your credit card company and file a claim and get your money back.

I bought mine back in Aug 09. (I still don't have it) Something you may not know is that he had some major personal issues. Which in turn screwed his business, and his Rep here and other websites.

What you are going through is typical yet if you had searched previous posts you would have seen an issue with ordering his adapter, and may not have done so.

Have a good one, and relax he will make good. Later :super:

Solidus..

Dude.. I can understand your frustration with the MSA AR Mag adapter, but do you think slamming the guy is doing any good? If you did purschase an adapter, and you are not happy call your credit card company and file a claim and get your money back.

I bought mine back in Aug 09. (I still don't have it) Something you may not know is that he had some major personal issues. Which in turn screwed his business, and his Rep here and other websites.

What you are going through is typical yet if you had searched previous posts you would have seen an issue with ordering his adapter, and may not have done so.

Have a good one, and relax he will make good. Later :super:

Again, your loyalty is admirable. I'll respond with a quote from Booker T. Washington "Character , not circumstance makes the person." . These threads are his opportunities to let folks know what's going on. I don't need to know about his problems, but the people he's taken from need to know what he's doing them. Hell if he had sent out something last week saying "Hey, we hit a snag and there's a delay." that would've added something to the fact that things did'nt happen like he said and I'd be good with that. I don't hate the guy , but I do want what I paid for and actually I did file a complaint with Gunpal and I just got an email from them stating that their complaint system had been somehow malfunctioning and to resend the complaint. ( Got that email on Friday ) But the reality is that I simply want what I paid for and would rather not affect his business in that way, the way it was affected with Paypal. I had a Great uncle who used to threaten to whip us for throwing railroad rocks at eachother when I was a kid. Sometimes we'd throw one or two more and he'd say "I can show you better than I can tell you." . I'd like Mr. May to "Show me" his true character. ( It certainly worked when my uncle showed us. )

You are far from being the only one that Mr May has to worry about right now. You want to hear a quote? How about this one......"You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip". Or maybe..."We will sell no wine...before it's time..."

Stop belly aching and be patient. You will get what you paid for. I spoke to him last night, and will be speaking with him again today actually. He was hard at work at 9:00 PM last nite when he called, and was cranking out new adapters as we spoke. They were making a small change in them, which is why he called to speak with me, and verify a precise measurement.

The only "victim" here is Nate himself, who has been called everything from a thief to who knows what else, by people who can't understand what it's like running your own small business, taking a bunch of orders, then having a whole shitload of things go horribly wrong, one after the other, setting you so far back it's hard to catch back up again. When you are in a position like that it is tempting to make announcements that things will soon be happening, in an attempt to give people hope....especially when you have a bunch of complaining people on several internet forums who just can't sit on their hands and wait. He was quite obviously too busy actually working on the adapters, and everything else involved with his recent complete restructuring and moving of his business, to send you an email. He is also unable to post any info about his products here until he has worked things out with the site owner. There are good reasons for every single thing people here love to complain about, while dragging his "character" through the mud. Those things are none of anyone's business. The important thing is, he's doing the right thing in the face of adversity (instead of just cutting his losses and filing for bankruptcy like lots of people would have....), and actually making good on all he has promised. He just needs time and patience from a few people. Give the guy a freakin break already.

guys, I have learned long, long ago, never to send money on vaporware ("pre-order"). if a merchant/manufaturer doesn't have it, why on earth would you pay for something that is not ready to ship?

the way I see it, you guys that sent money in for something that wasn't there can only blame yourself, yeah I know no wants to hear that. but lets break it down,

1) you knew it wasn't in stock, in fact it wasn't even made yet.

2) yet you sent the money in, for soemthing you knew wouldn't be shipped, but had to be made yet

so who is blame for that? the manufaturer? I doubt he came through the computer and twisted your arm to get your CC number, or took money out of your pcket and addressed the envelope to himself.

now, I can see that if a merchant/manufaturer takes your name and puts it on a list, and when it is made and ready to ship he contacts you and you send the money and receive the item. that I can understand, and I have done that. it doesn't cost a dime for that, and if it doesn't come into being, you aren't out anything. but honestly folks, to send money on vaporware, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. especially since you don't know when it will be ready to ship. promises, are just that promises - A declaration assuring that one will or will not do something. it's not legal defintion,

a gun or gun part is not that vitally important that you can't wait for to hit the market and buy it then.

as for myself, I would like to get one, for my SAR-3. but I can wait for the reviews to come in, before I decide if it is any good. not saying it won't be, but I can wait to see if the canary dies or lives :D

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

As Shannon/Cobra stated, we do talk and he does know what is going on and yes we did update the adapter. So the new adapter is a Gen3. MSA is now Texas based and the new merger company will be announced in July. That's what also added in a delay to getting things to where we are at now. We now own our own mills and make our own adapters in house.... no more outsourcing on the Saiga adapters. Proof is in the pudding so here are some photos. Please note the date shown. Ok if you will excuse me I have to get back to work. Thanks

post-8730-000196100 1277419276_thumb.jpg

post-8730-014877400 1277419291_thumb.jpg

post-8730-074679900 1277419370_thumb.jpg

post-8730-060911800 1277419385_thumb.jpg

Edited by MSA
  • Like 1

You are far from being the only one that Mr May has to worry about right now. You want to hear a quote? How about this one......"You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip". Or maybe..."We will sell no wine...before it's time..."

Stop belly aching and be patient. You will get what you paid for. I spoke to him last night, and will be speaking with him again today actually. He was hard at work at 9:00 PM last nite when he called, and was cranking out new adapters as we spoke. They were making a small change in them, which is why he called to speak with me, and verify a precise measurement.

The only "victim" here is Nate himself, who has been called everything from a thief to who knows what else, by people who can't understand what it's like running your own small business, taking a bunch of orders, then having a whole shitload of things go horribly wrong, one after the other, setting you so far back it's hard to catch back up again. When you are in a position like that it is tempting to make announcements that things will soon be happening, in an attempt to give people hope....especially when you have a bunch of complaining people on several internet forums who just can't sit on their hands and wait. He was quite obviously too busy actually working on the adapters, and everything else involved with his recent complete restructuring and moving of his business, to send you an email. He is also unable to post any info about his products here until he has worked things out with the site owner. There are good reasons for every single thing people here love to complain about, while dragging his "character" through the mud. Those things are none of anyone's business. The important thing is, he's doing the right thing in the face of adversity (instead of just cutting his losses and filing for bankruptcy like lots of people would have....), and actually making good on all he has promised. He just needs time and patience from a few people. Give the guy a freakin break already.

I'm relatively new here and not so familiar with the level of moderation on this forum so I apologize in advance if I cause any type of disorder.

Mr Cobra guy............I don't think it's necessary to go on with the details of this intriguing mess your friend has gotten into but I have serious issue with a few of your statements. I'll go in order of your above quote so as not to confuse you with the facts.

#1) The quote I posted 4 days ago was a civil response to RLTW that was relative RLTW's civil response to the thread. In regard to your quotes besides being elementary they don't help. Perhaps they might be more substantial if they were posted on his site as a crude caveat emptor, but today they remain one mans way of making excuses for another grown man , who for some reason can't speak for himself.

#2) Maybe.........just maybe.........You might need to stop speaking for your friend and let him speak for himself. See.....; When someone else say's something that's not true and you repeat it the "untruth" came out of your mouth and not his. Like this quote from you on June 11th

"Anyone who is afraid to do business with MSA should go and see the update Nate just put up on the MSA website. I just spoke to him last night and there are some very big changes coming at MSA. He no longer has to outsource all the machine work, and now is doing all the work 'in house', on equipment he owns. The .308 adapters are also ready. All the people still waiting on their back ordered adapters will start seeing tracking numbers and be receiving them starting next week. As soon as he gets caught up with Makc on his vendor dues he will be back here posting himself. For now I am just relaying this message.

It has taken a very long time and he's been through a lot, but it is finally coming together now. There's no more need to be afraid to do biz with MSA. There will be no more shortage of adapters, for .223, 7.62x39, and .308 Saigas...as well as Galil and Galoni. I forgot to ask about the 5.45 but I'm sure that will also be available soon."

Now see friend.......that was obviously not the truth because it's June 24th and a) I have'nt recieved a tracking number , which according to you should've been sent between the 11th and the 18th B) I don't have an adapter yet.

#3) You state that Mr. May is the only "Victim". Seriously...........I'd buy you a beer but I'd also laugh at you for that one because even you know that's not the truth but you had the audacity to post it in a vain attempt at protecting a friend. And I seriously do consider that admirable that you're friend enough to say that for him. **Seriously that's some fall on the sword buddy stuff right there.** . To say he's a thief is more a perversion of the term than reality because I don't believe he had the mens rea of "theft" per se. Technically , we call it "criminal conversion" . The question becomes "What would a reasonable and prudent person think of the situation?" And I'd like to think that most reasonable and prudent people would be a tad perturbed that they paid their hard earned money and recieved zip in contrast to the agreement of a sale.

#4) I find it hard to believe that you have a grasp of the total sum of business and personal experience people based on random internet posts. I mean........exactly how many businesses or tight spot's have I not been involved with in my short life? You do know what they say about when you "ASSUME" ?

So.............assuming you've read everything I posted , you surely saw where I wrote that I don't care about Mr. Mays difficulties because they were not my business. I also said I don't hate the guy and all I wanted was what I paid for. My thought is that you have this whole thing twisted, because unless you are willing to pony up my 140.00 or one of his outstanding devices , you don't have a damned thing of consequence to say to me on the issue. And I say that not to be facetious, but simply as a man who won't let you check my balls. And if Mr. May has time to chat with you about what he's gonna do , he can spend that same time bangin out an email to explain what's going on himself instead of through his surrogate.

This post is simply a response to you Mr.Cobra, I had let off at the behest of the previous poster and had'nt added. You had to see that I had'nt written anything else , yet you chose to bring the matter back to light. Even though I fail to see where it's any of your concern, you can tell your buddy , all he needs to do is what he say's and perhaps to get his act together before taking any more orders. If you insist on extending our banter on the subject we can speak on it all day and I'll be right all day long.

Consider if you will, and perhaps let your friend communicate for himself with those whom communication is due : Proverbs 17:28 "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."

Solidus Out

• Like 1

guys, I have learned long, long ago, never to send money on vaporware ("pre-order"). if a merchant/manufaturer doesn't have it, why on earth would you pay for something that is not ready to ship?

the way I see it, you guys that sent money in for something that wasn't there can only blame yourself, yeah I know no wants to hear that. but lets break it down,

1) you knew it wasn't in stock, in fact it wasn't even made yet.

2) yet you sent the money in, for soemthing you knew wouldn't be shipped, but had to be made yet

so who is blame for that? the manufaturer? I doubt he came through the computer and twisted your arm to get your CC number, or took money out of your pcket and addressed the envelope to himself.

now, I can see that if a merchant/manufaturer takes your name and puts it on a list, and when it is made and ready to ship he contacts you and you send the money and receive the item. that I can understand, and I have done that. it doesn't cost a dime for that, and if it doesn't come into being, you aren't out anything. but honestly folks, to send money on vaporware, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. especially since you don't know when it will be ready to ship. promises, are just that promises - A declaration assuring that one will or will not do something. it's not legal defintion,

a gun or gun part is not that vitally important that you can't wait for to hit the market and buy it then.

as for myself, I would like to get one, for my SAR-3. but I can wait for the reviews to come in, before I decide if it is any good. not saying it won't be, but I can wait to see if the canary dies or lives :D

Sir , you're wrong on both counts. For your enjoyment here are photo's Mr. May Posted on the internet on May 5th after updating his own sight announcing price restructuring on the price on April 20th.

post-24388-087436400 1277420631_thumb.jpg

As Shannon/Cobra stated, we do talk and he does know what is going on and yes we did update the adapter. So the new adapter is a Gen3. MSA is now Texas based and the new merger company will be announced in July. That's what also added in a delay to getting things to where we are at now. We now own our own mills and make our own adapters in house.... no more outsourcing on the Saiga adapters. Proof is in the pudding so here are some photos. Please note the date shown. Ok if you will excuse me I have to get back to work. Thanks

As you can see I posted your earlier pics , they mean absolutely nothing . Your simple response here is good enough. That's all I wanted , you can't leave people in the dark.I'd much rather hear eta's and issues from you than someone unrelated unless that person is your appointed mouthpiece with a shared liability.

Thank you Mr May , and if you get a break it would be nice to recieve a p.m. or some type of communication as to what you think an eta might be.

Solidus.... While I am not a liberty to discuss in full detail what happened in May and led us to today. I can say that you will see your adapter REAL SOON as in days should everything keep tracking correctly. There were many backorders to fill and only so much to go around and the decision to purchase our own mill was done to increase production rate and not have to outsource. This combined with merging the company has gotten us here today.... bottom line. I am working both a full time job and had to learn to me a machinist in under two months. Saiga adapters are rolling and orders are shipping. Shannon/Cobra has done nothing but try to help me keep on track and keep you guys informed as I am/was snowed under trying to resolve this. I owe him a lot as a friend.... I've worked long and hard to come back... I will not fail.

Edited by MSA

Solidus.... While I am not a liberty to discuss in full detail what happened in May and led us to today. I can say that you will see your adapter REAL SOON as in days should everything keep tracking correctly. There were many backorders to fill and only so much to go around and the decision to purchase our own mill was done to increase production rate and not have to outsource. This combined with merging the company has gotten us here today.... bottom line. I am working both a full time job and had to learn to me a machinist in under two months. Saiga adapters are rolling and orders are shipping. Shannon/Cobra has done nothing but try to help me keep on track and keep you guys informed as I am/was snowed under trying to resolve this. I owe him a lot as a friend.... I've worked long and hard to come back... I will not fail.

Roger that. That's all I need to hear. Thanks and good luck.

Nate/MSA,

I'm glad things are coming back together for you. I know that you were very committed to a quality product from the very beginning. I ordered my "vaporware" adapter very early on in the concept phase. Many of us followed the design and testing process as things happened. You were very frank about the problems you had in development and kept us informed all along. When I received my adapter, you contacted me personally by phone to inquire about any installation problems. I am very pleased with the quality of my adapter.

To you "Johnny-come-lately's" that want to disparage Nate... Give the man a chance to make things right.

There but for the grace of God, go I

• Like 2

Nate/MSA,

I'm glad things are coming back together for you. I know that you were very committed to a quality product from the very beginning. I ordered my "vaporware" adapter very early on in the concept phase. Many of us followed the design and testing process as things happened. You were very frank about the problems you had in development and kept us informed all along. When I received my adapter, you contacted me personally by phone to inquire about any installation problems. I am very pleased with the quality of my adapter.

To you "Johnny-come-lately's" that want to disparage Nate... Give the man a chance to make things right.

It means a lot that some people still remember what and who I really am.... Time is my issue. I can only do so much in a day and some are lucky enough to catch me online taking a break. So while I'm here I'll give and update.

All the rest of the Gen2 Saiga adapters are shipping this week. Gen3 are coming this week as well....To clarify the difference. The Gen3 will be easier to modify to other AK platforms. In effort to speed up production and installation we made some programming changes that doubled as a bonus.

And as always... we recommend professional installation. Or at least use a mill make the cuts.... I can't stress enough the importance of not thinning out or removing to much material in the wrong place.

Thanks

Nate/MSA,

It means a lot that some people still remember what and who I really am.... Time is my issue. I can only do so much in a day and some are lucky enough to catch me online taking a break. So while I'm here I'll give and update.

All the rest of the Gen2 Saiga adapters are shipping this week. Gen3 are coming this week as well....To clarify the difference. The Gen3 will be easier to modify to other AK platforms. In effort to speed up production and installation we made some programming changes that doubled as a bonus.

And as always... we recommend professional installation. Or at least use a mill make the cuts.... I can't stress enough the importance of not thinning out or removing to much material in the wrong place.

Thanks

Is there any way you can tell us where you are in order fulfillment? I ordered my adapter 6/30/09 and I'm just curious to see where I am in line.

Nate/MSA,

Thanks

Is there any way you can tell us where you are in order fulfillment? I ordered my adapter 6/30/09 and I'm just curious to see where I am in line.

Email/PM me your order information... I had to reconstruct the shipping list. While I did try to do the best I could there is always a chance for error. I am starting to ship July-December orders end of the week and/or beginning next. So as it currently stands I hope to have all Saiga back orders up to turn of the year if not better shipped by the end of next week. It does take 1.3 hrs to mill each and we are currently looking to speed that process up in the coming weeks. Nothing will make me happier than to see you posting that you have got your tracking number or adapter...

Wow, I go away for a couple of month and this thread explodes. All i can say is someone please come up with an adapter i can buy at a reasonable cost.

If MSA starts delivering then i say good to have you back but i wanna hear from several folks that they got their order fulfilled before i fork my money over. If renegadebuck has something to sell then hurry up cuz i've been waiting patiently to get your stuff together. Gee whiz, maybe i should just make my own damn adapter.

Edited by notofnow

I think I have asked this before but will this adapter work on the Arsenal SLR-106?

Also, the gentleman on this forum bought an adapter from MSA about a year ago and had it installed by Tac47 out in Houston. He claims to have a bolt-hold open feature on his rifle because of it. How did he go about accomplishing that? ...

Happy 4th of July folks! :smoke:

Repost from another forum..........

At this time I would like to make a public apology to all customers who ordered or was in wait for an adapter/product that seemed to never arrive, vapor-ware as it was put. Over the past year personal struggles and setbacks kept me and MSA from making a speedy comeback and resuming my dream of making fine firearm adapters and accessories. As of this month, almost one year to date, I am happy to announce we have reached a turning point in our business and will continue to strive and push forward with new and innovative products. Tracking numbers are being sent and back orders are going out. Over the coming days we hope those who receive them will post and make it known MSA is committed to fulfill our promises. While this is good news, it is no means or a cause for MSA to celebrate. MSA has a lot of hard work ahead to do to regain the trust of what we held most valuable..... You the customer.

In the coming months I will strive to address each issue as expediently as possible and provide the level of customer service and satisfaction that MSA once enjoyed having. I ask that you be patient with us as we finish fulfilling our orders and obligations as this is top priority. Once again thank you to those that did believe we would make it. Without your support I doubt we could have pushed on when all looked loss. In life you are defined by actions as this is what defines character. I just hope our commitment to survive will be viewed in a positive light.

In closing my deepest apologies and regrets to all who were hurt. I know trust is a hard thing to regain but we are committed to do what is necessary to right all wrongs.

Regards,

Nathan May

Owner MSA

• Like 3