• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knows............All I know is that NOTHING this guy has said to this point has come to fruition. I waited on the email for some pending delivery, I heard the promise of the process being underway

Has anyone recived a tracking number or thier adapter? I have'nt and the post on the website said on the 11th that " tracking numbers go out this week and adapters next week. " The same language wa

Repost from another forum..........       At this time I would like to make a public apology to all customers who ordered or was in wait for an adapter/product that seemed to never arrive, vapor-w

Posted Images

Be careful not to take off too much at a time, especially from the rivet heads. I used a dremel to do mine and it was easy. Just had to go slow and keep test fitting til it was right. I was actually using the plastic prototype when I first fitted it so it was easy to tell if it was too tight fitting.

Here are some pics of mine if it helps anyone....

post-1293-013245800 1278626181_thumb.jpg

post-1293-071642100 1278626195_thumb.jpg

post-1293-025352300 1278626250_thumb.jpg

post-1293-065380300 1278626270_thumb.jpg

post-1293-021578600 1278626304_thumb.jpg

post-1293-089695500 1278626322_thumb.jpg

I can honestly say I am glad to not have "MSA" on the sides anymore. Jesus what was I thinking....

Eh. A more discreet logo would have been nice, but hey... AR mags!

Welcome back, Nate. Glad to see that you seem to be turning things around.

Be careful not to take off too much at a time, especially from the rivet heads. I used a dremel to do mine and it was easy. Just had to go slow and keep test fitting til it was right. I was actually using the plastic prototype when I first fitted it so it was easy to tell if it was too tight fitting.

Here are some pics of mine if it helps anyone....

What sort of bit did you use? I used the grinding bit for the bulk of the work but I'm finding it's a little too big for the fine touches needed for fitting.

Edited by electrons

For fine touches go with a sanding drum or small grinding bits like those made for sharpening chainsaws. A carbide cutter is great for tight spaces.

I don't mind the MSA on this one just because it's a demo. I can use one of my other ones from the final run at other times.

The springs are tight... If you wan,t pull the pin and remove the spring. Cut a half to 3/4 coil out this should help reduce the coil rate enough.

The pmags should wear in, just takes time.

Nate

Once the adapter is fitted, do regular AK mags fit loose (when you remove the adapter I mean)?

Corbin this was my main concern when I first got the MSA adapter and learned I was gonna have to remove some material from my trunnion and inside the receiver. Like you I believe, I have always used the slightly modified Bulgy double circle 10 mags and have been extremely pleased with them. They have always run 100% in my gun and fit like a glove.

To answer your question, yes the mags I have modified the feed lips on do fit a slight bit loose now, due to the milling of the trunnion where the feed lips seat against, but they do in fact still function and feed rounds just fine. Gotta thank Master K for that! One thing I'm seeing as a bonus though, is now the other Bulgy mags that I had put back and not modified, fit in there just fine, and also feed. So now I can use both....and the AR mags with the adapter. Just shoot an AR mag empty, replace it with as many other AR mags as you have, then if you run out simply hit the mag catch and drop the Adapter, AR mag and all, and slap in an AK mag and keep shooting!

I like this! :super:

I also have a question, just curious nothing else.

Why do people complain about the MSA bilboard on the side of the adapter?

Honestly I don't really know. I think it's pretty sweet. Other companies broadcast their logos. Geez look at MD Arms....his drums even have the friggin web address on them in raised letters, and the company name.....oh in all fairness though, so do the Promag drums...I guess they must have copied that too....:rolleyes:

Now for the million dollar question. Which adapter requires the least amount of material removed and what is the difference Between MSA and renagadebuks adpter?

BTW I just talked to Nate and he's taking care of business today, so I hope you don't mind me answering a few questions here, because as he brought to my attention on the phone, I am the only one he knows of who happens to have both adapters in their possession, and is qualified to comment on this.

I do hope that people can manage to trust what I'm telling them here since I have obvious ties to MSA and Nathan's my friend. For what it's worth I'm also friends with Mike (renegadebuck) and unlike Nate he has actually been to my house and we have gone shooting together on my range. He brought his rifle and adapter with him when he came, and even let me shoot it. I dumped a whole mag and was favorably impressed with his adapter. We only live about three hours from each other. Unfortunately Nate went and moved even farther away all the way to Texas. That's ok we'll get together some day....

Now without further ado... here are some side by side photos and comparisons of the two adapters I now have in front of me. I will follow up later with a range report using them both also. Please remember that I am doing my best to remain as unbiased as possible with this comparison. I will not post "opinions" without saying so. My aim is to post FACTS and let you guys draw what you want from that. I do have an interest in this because I will soon be selling the 'MSA' adapters too....but I will in no way be unfair to my friend renegadebuck by trying to show his adapter in a bad light. He is just like me and works hard making things for Saigas with his own hands. I have a huge amount of respect for that.

I'm taking some pics and measurements now and will be back soon to post them.

Shannon

It would be great if you can tell us how much those 2 units weigh individually and the amount of modification required to fit.

Yep...no problem. Dang this is gonna be pic heavy. I should really just start a new thead....

Ok, I really dont mean to be rude but, Im about tired of not getting heard on this subject. I ordered an adapter from MSA during their 4th of July sale....while I was in Mosul, Iraq 03 July 2009. I am now 2 months from going to Afgan. I understand that sh!t happens. I know that Nate has been thru a rough time. But I spent $300 on parts with some really hard earned money and would really appreciate a simple email. Or at least word on what is going on.

Sgt Norris, Joshua

D co. 3-10 GSAB

Ft Drum, NY

Ok...I just want to put out there, Im not trying to bash anybody, nor am I trying to persuade anybody to buy one product or another. I recieved a PM from MSA minutes after my post. I do not know Nate in any way, but I do know how sh!t happens. Thats life.....and if anything I will recommend him to any person looking to do business. Even after this long of time he is going to take care of his customers. And sir, if I was there I would shake your hand.

• Like 1

I'll take my chances waiting for Renegadebuck's adapter. If for some reason he drops off the planet and is not heard from for several months, then I'd consider buying an MSA adapter from a third party.

Last i heard from Renegadbuck was that he was waiting for some 3rd party to make his for him. He was supposed to send me an email when it was ready. That was 2 or 3 months ago. Has things changed and does he have any to sell?

I know this is a Saiga forum... has anyone tried to fit one of these to a norinco .223? sure would solve alot of mag searching problems.

I haven't tried fitting the adapter in my Norinco 84-S but I have locked in my Bulgarian 5.56 x 45 waffle mags, and they fit well. I can't remember for sure if I have test fired it with them or not, but I think I have. I can try feeding some rounds from them tomorrow if you would like to know for sure. From my experience the steel Chinese .223 mags cost a lot more than the Bulgy mags.

that is why I was thinking of trying one on a chicom...I know for a fact that bulgy mags are too wide for the norinco, but modified 74 mags snap right in.

I will probably have to remove some material from the sides of the magwell also... I will try it on my BWK instead of my 84s . I just bought a renegadebuck adapt. in the FS forum, we'll see when it gets here. I want one of the MSA adapters for my Saiga conv. then I will have both and I can compare the two. The MSA adapt look more like a factory part when installed.

anyone remember that old Hesse .223 AK that took AR mags? I saw one at a gunshow once for $150 a few years ago...should have bought it just for the parts.