Short and Simple.

Nate emailed me and updated me that my 5 back ordered adapters from the pre-purchase were in production and would be shipping soon. (He also indicated that another friend of mine who bought two will be receiving his back ordered adapters as well. Great news and I will keep you all up to date.

CTLAW74

Glad to hear it. And FWIW, I never had a doubt that Nate would contact you and make things right. Glad it's all working out.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knows............All I know is that NOTHING this guy has said to this point has come to fruition. I waited on the email for some pending delivery, I heard the promise of the process being underway

Has anyone recived a tracking number or thier adapter? I have'nt and the post on the website said on the 11th that " tracking numbers go out this week and adapters next week. " The same language wa

Repost from another forum..........       At this time I would like to make a public apology to all customers who ordered or was in wait for an adapter/product that seemed to never arrive, vapor-w

Posted Images

Buckmeister... I'm glad to see you here. I've been needing to get your phone number to call you. I've been running 90 to nothing and need to verify an email with you. Or at least I am trying to put things together..... and somehow might have confused a situation and can't find my notes to resolve.

And since I am here.... I did just recently update the website. I have run out of 1 part for the release mechs I am waiting for more and was told it would be beginning of the week. I have orders built up and shipping through the 13th of this month (rough estimate) and these mechs will get everything caught up and current.

I see you're here in Texas as well. If we ever meet the beer and strippers are on me. Hell If your near the DFW area I'll take you out to the Stock Yards for a smoked hunk of beef :smoke:

Ha! Thanks, pal. I'll pass on the strippers, but the beef and beer sounds great. Regardless, it's great to see you up and running, Nate, and thanks for your PMs regarding the SLR-106 adapter. It's on the wish list for sure!

God bless,

J.Smith

Buckmeister... I'm glad to see you here. I've been needing to get your phone number to call you. I've been running 90 to nothing and need to verify an email with you. Or at least I am trying to put things together..... and somehow might have confused a situation and can't find my notes to resolve.

Nate,

Work has been... well, work, so I'm online less. I will email and IM you my number. Notes? My desk is full of them. But it's an "organized" mess (I wish).

buckmeister

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm just looked at MSA website...I am starting to be very worried. We will see if this is round two of customers getting fucked or just a minor inconvenience and bump in the road. I'm worried by the fact MSA is airing their business issues instead of simply living up to their own obligations and dealing with their business issues with third parties as necessary.

Please keep in mind this is not due in any way with our company or our ability to deliver.

Then why not just deliver and take appropriate action vis-a-vis Gpal?

Hey Nate!

I was wondering, since this thread is pretty much about your already existing mag adapter, can you give us some teasers about the B.A.S.T.A.R.D. system?

We do have a huge media campaign set to launch but have delayed due to the GPal fiasco. A complete redesign of the site as well as full action videos in HD of the complete "BASTARD" system in action. Yes, all the pieces of the system not just the conversion part... Skeleton stock and folding mech, Hand Guard and LRBHO too. We want to blitz the whole package... but I want to have this FUBAR GPal issue behind us.

but without funding I am eating the costs should GPal not fund. So understand I am in a peculiar situation I wish not to be, and had to organize a reasonable solution to protect us both.

Without the adapter customers are eating the cost. So understand they are in a peculiar situation they wish not to be.

In short, customers have been hung out to dry a second time by your company. Not a great way to start your comeback or repair your tarnished reputation.

I've been give a -1 on my comment of suggesting that a company live up to its legal, and moral obligations, by simply doing what they are claiming they have the capability to do, nice. Perhaps I can be treated to a full on unintelligible, eyes wide shut, apologist rant from a certain forum member next.

• Like 1

Yo,

Heads up, your MSA website is all jumbled up. It may be my browser but I can't read anything, all the pics and text are overlapping.

Was just looking at the adapters. As long as you (MSA) have them stocked, if someone pays in full with check/m.o. would they ship right away?

BTW peeps, all that Gpal and PayPal is horse$h!+ anyway. I'll never use it.

Yo,

Heads up, your MSA website is all jumbled up. It may be my browser but I can't read anything, all the pics and text are overlapping.

Was just looking at the adapters. As long as you (MSA) have them stocked, if someone pays in full with check/m.o. would they ship right away?

BTW peeps, all that Gpal and PayPal is horse$h!+ anyway. I'll never use it.

It is a browser issue... some IE versions cannot view it. I've tried to fix but so far nada.

Yes, I can and will ship when we are paid in full... I can't float on GPal promises and IOUs...... Already done that for a bit and that time has passed.

it shows a lack of respect for someone who is doing everything to take care of the customer and future customer.

You have committed an anticipartory breach of contract. You have in essence told customers I will not live up to my end of the bargain and told them to pursue a result on their own. That is hanging them out to dry, whether you take exception to that term or not. You have done "everything"? Everything save living up to your legal obligations and delivering their goods. Your stance shows a lack of respect to people who gave you a second chance and sent money off.

Before you tell me to think logically and then spout nonsense I suggest you learn a thing or two about contract law. I take it you don't have an MBA or a JD or the like based on how you think this stuff is supposed to work (to say nothing of the way you've run your company).

Your USPS analogy is a false one. Legally it is not a similar situation and readily distinguishable, perhaps you will get to have a judge explain that to you. At least one circuit court has recognized and stated that paypal and the like are in essence internet bank accounts. Thus it would be more like if I sent the money to your bank account and then the back refused to let you withdraw it. I find your characterization of the situation to be not only horribly mistaken but insulting, as is the tone and charges of your last post. It is good you are talking to lawyers the way you conduct business you likely will need their services. I'm not sure how you can sit there and tell someone you sent confirmation of their order to and promised a shipping date to that there was no transaction between you and he. That is laughable on a commonsense level and even more so when one understands basic principles of contract law.

I am disinclined to type much more as your conceptions of what the situation is and your attitude indicate there is a high likelihood legal action,naming your company and you personally, might be necessitated. I'm inclined to ask others who have been taken in by this to contact me. I'm not sure how many people are being stiffed here but a sufficient number might make a class action a very viable solution.

Edited by Zambidis
You mock my attempts to contact my customers to help guide to a resolution and you want to get in a pissing match.

I am aware that you have not contacted all of your customers who this is affecting. I'm not mocking your efforts but it seems plain you have not done what you claimed, i.e. contacted all your customers as apparently there is at least one individual who is only aware of this situation do to what is being posted here.

You spout accusations as if I'm ripping someone off and you have no proof.

You tell me which part of the following is inaccurate.

People deposited money into your Gpal account, which US courts have noted is in essence the same as your bank account. You have told those people you will not ship the goods they contracted with you (note they have upheld their end of said contract, although you seem unable to grasp that fact or the rather simple legal issues relating to it) to purchase. Hmmm...what exactly am I missing or not offering proof of. You have have stipulated to the above, albeit putting a rather "interesting" spin on it and trying to mischaracterize where funds have gone.

You want me to give you something for free....

No I want you to live up to your contractual obligations.

One of the "Taken Ones" is a lawyer out of New Jersey of whom I spent 30 minutes discussing the legality of the situation.

I am indeed curious as to what type of law this gent practices and can only imagine what amount of legal research he has done on what is going on in this case, particularly the substantive law of the various localities that might be involved (I'm thinking none).

You were/are not screwed your upset and I get it.

Well I paid, my money was taken, I do not have it anymore, and I don't have my item, nor is it forthcoming. What would you call it? Honestly I'm not surprised you cannot grasp the issues at hand since you cannot grasp the difference between your and you're.

Why do you choose to not work with me

You haven't asked me to work with you. You have merely told me to independently seek to resolve the issue with a third party.

Grow up and deal with it.

The irony of a guy that has blamed everyone but himself and made nothing but excuses through both this incident and your last business debacle telling me to "grow up and deal with it" is off the charts.

I am beyond comprehension

Clearly.

I think MSA has shown (repeatedly now) the type of business it is and the type of experience and service its customers can expect.

Zambi.

If you paid thru Gpal and can print the screen saying it was paid and received by MSA then you may have a claim to a refund.

Also PayPal (according to PayPal) is not a bank. And to raise a claim with PayPal or Gpal would cost a HOUSE :dollar:

However with all the griping, have you sent him (MSA) the date and time you paid from your email that Gpal would have generated??

I know when Gpal started messing around back in March with my withdrawls, Gpal was a total PITA..

I have a whopping $45.73 tied up with them currently also waiting for a withdrawl for 2 1/2 weeks thus far.

I gave you the -1 earlier as you have recently been a jerk here (like totally dude) & in some other posts also..

Alot of people have closed there Gpal accounts (me being next once I get my $45)..

If you have a TRUE claim send MSA your printed reciept from Gpal and the Gpal receipt email.

Albert

PS. I don't have ANY stock in this argument.. I don't own a 223 Saiga or any MSA products..

• Like 1
f you paid thru Gpal and can print the screen saying it was paid and received by MSA then you may have a claim to a refund.

I do.

Also PayPal (according to PayPal) is not a bank

I never stated that, only that at least one circuit court has held that it "effectively serves as an internet bank account."

My only point was that any attempt to characterize the transaction the way MSA did in his post is silly. He tried to equate it to me sending funds by my agent of my choosing and the funds not ever being delivered. That is so far from the situation it is absurd for him to claim it. It is even more ironic given his claims to honesty. Those repeated assertions of how honest he is being brings to mind the line from Hamlet "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" (particularly when those protests are contrasted with what I know to be the actual actions he has taken at least with respect to some customers).

I gave you the -1 earlier as you have recently been a jerk here (like totally dude) & in some other posts also.

Maybe you can provide me with links to those posts and I can evaluate whether I have indeed been a jerk or whether we differ in opinion on that point.

According to him I am making the GPal fiasco up, my "interesting spin" as he calls it.

I never stated nor implied you were making it up. I said you grossly mischaracterized the situation because you did.

He claims I want to screw the customer... which if he'd remove his head from his ass he'd realize that is not correct.

Not only incredibly articulate but great customer service, nice you are a class act and first rate company.

He's calls it a breach of contract.

Go to law school learn what that term means and you'd understand why I called it that; that's what it is.

All he has done is shown to others is that he is a prick,

All you have done is show that you cannot compentently run a business or reliably get goods to people who order them from you.

take advantage of a bad situation

How pray-tell am I possibly taking advantage of anything? I am the one who is out money and has nothing to show for it. That is a funny definition of taking advantage.

loves to argue over semantics

I take it that is your short hand for calling the situation what it is.

• Like 1

I want a MSA adapter and if there is a COD option i would be all over it, even willing to pay a little extra. Heck here is a link from USPS for CODs.

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservices/collectondeliveryservice.htm

Sorry about paypal, gpal and whatever else is going on with MSA but i need a little assurance. Considering what has happened or is happening, I don't think its alot to ask for.

Yo Zambidis, i'm right there with ya brother. I think i would be a little peeved too.

Edited by notofnow

You have a business dispute and it takes you a matter of hours to 1) curse at me and 2) turn to childish adhominem attacks to say nothing of the other logical fallacies that run rampant in your posts. Your lack of professionalism in every respect is astonishing. If any representative of any of the businesses I have ownership in interacted with a customer in that way (irrespective of how the customer acted, e.g. even if they thought they were pricks)they would no longer be employed.

A Gpal refund notice does not negate anything I said above. For example forming an agreement to sell and then sending money back is still a breach of contract (I would explain the basics of contract formation to you but my time usually gets billed out at a few hundred dollars an hour for that sort of thing and I'm too busy to do it for free right now). It might mean that they refunded money, but that is it. I simply dealt with the other parties to this debacle and found them rather helpful. Interestingly enough none of the cursed at me, called me names or showed anything other than a profound desire to work to a satisfactory resolution. It also means that there are customers that received notice from Gpal their order is canceled before they received word one from you about any issue. Another demonstration of how proactive you are being and your customer service.

If you are both reading this at the same time just go to chat and get it worked out...

Dealing with MSA on this issue seems to not be a very productive thing to do for a customer when it has stated it A) will not ship goods B) has no control over the refund process C) believe that the customer should take it up with a third party. It seems that "resolution" is going to come form other parties.

I think it is beneficial for other board members to see how this particular business member conducts himself. There may be people that are willing to risk ordering from a company with a repeated history of failing to deliver ordered goods (although one would think the number willing to do so is small) but they still might not care to do business with someone who curses at and personally insults customers.

One would suspect that Mr. May's conduct has been more damaging to his reputation and business than whatever issues may have caused him to halt delivery on orders.

I'm sure there will be a "witty" retort, perhaps one with more grade school name calling. Mr. May, might I suggest you take the time to instead contact your customers that have yet to receive any word from you on concerning their orders.