you don't want to send a money order then don't. Some people have no problem with it at all. Just what is your goal here?

If someone wants to send a MO I have no issue with it. As I have said before I personally believe MSA would have full intention to make good on the deal. I have no broad goal. You asked why people have issues sending a MO I posited some reasons why. That is not an attack or smear or anything else. It is is telling it like it is.

I just think it would be nice for somebody to just once be able to carry out a transaction with MSA, then actually have a chance to get their adapter and report back to everyone about their experience, without people constantly coming here and telling potential clients to beware of doing biz with MSA.

What is a bit ironic is that I placed my order with the intent of doing just that. Unfortunately for everyone involved I did not have a positive experience to report. You cannot expect people to only sing praises when there are legitimate critiques to make. Now others may have positive experiences to report and I'd imagine other will have such in the future if things can get sorted out. Potential customers can weigh the good with the bad and decide how to proceed.

If he made peace with you and trusted you with some info

That is not an exactly accurate portrayal of events. More accurate would be that through my various communications with MSA certain information has come to light and certain conflicts in representations became glaring. I made some offers to him (predicated on certain conditions) that I considered to be an olive branch and engaged in resolving my person stake in this mess via other parties than MSA and fortunately for me was successful on that front. I do not have an ax to grind but lets not misrepresent the situation.

I do understand what you're saying, that it doesn't matter his intent, he may not be able to help it is what you are saying. Can't you please just lighten up and lets wait and see what really happens?

That was my only point. I wasn't saying in my last few posts for people not to buy from MSA. I simply commented as to why people might not be willing to send of a MO. MSA needs to be, and surely is, aware that a number of potential clients just wont be willing to do that. It may affect profit margins but I wonder if MSA wouldn't be better of selling through an established vendor. I understand Mr. May is your friend and there will be cases of "your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know your wrong," but I think despite your early comments even you can appreciate that people aren't being unreasonable to prefer to pay via a different method.

Lastly, I'm not making people not buy from MSA. No body cares that much about my opinions. If I came in here and said don't buy from Tromix they don't make good guns etc or don't do business with CSS they ship slow and are unhelpful if you have questions. I would be ridiculed. Neither Tromix or CSS would give a crap what I was saying and there would be a plethora of individuals to chime in that they have had exceptional experiences with those companies. I would at best look like a guy that had an uncharacteristic experience and more likely look like someone who was full of it. Now, if I or someone else report a bad experience with MSA it is clearly different what does that say? It doesn't say anything about me. My opinions haven't suddenly become more important have they? No it is that my experience jives with that of a number of other people. I think MSA needs to worry only about getting business done, taking care of customers getting quality products in their hands and treating customers right. The reason you are so worked up over me saying why people might not want to pay via MO (or various other critiques) is the reasoning I gave is valid.

Unfortunately I've spent the time I intended to use to go back through this thread and edit and write up a statement to communicate with you. I will try to still get to that tonight but have a few much more important things I need to do first.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knows............All I know is that NOTHING this guy has said to this point has come to fruition. I waited on the email for some pending delivery, I heard the promise of the process being underway

Has anyone recived a tracking number or thier adapter? I have'nt and the post on the website said on the 11th that " tracking numbers go out this week and adapters next week. " The same language wa

Repost from another forum..........       At this time I would like to make a public apology to all customers who ordered or was in wait for an adapter/product that seemed to never arrive, vapor-w

Posted Images

You guys must not have ever done any buying or trading gun parts in the used market on forum classifieds either then. It's common practice for people who are interested in trade, whether money or goods, to send the person your money or your trade FIRST. When they receive payment / trade, they send you your stuff. That's how it works. I've been doing it for many years and never once been ripped off. I prefer to buy used or second hand new. You save a lot of money that way and if you look around on a few different gun forums, there is usually a deal on what you want somewhere.

Hell for that matter, even when paying for something from a vendor, you have to send payment before they will even package to ship. That's how I roll. Never had an unhappy customer either. People who deal online are used to trusting the other party, or not doing business with them at all if they have ripped others off. Nate has never ripped anyone off. He has gone out of his way to please even the most ranting and hard to get along with people here.

You will find that most gun people are trustworthy people. They do not want to screw people over on forums where they are known and do business. It's hard at first to trust somebody is going to send you your product after you have sent off your money and really have no way to get it back (although with postal MOs I believe you can). After you have made a few transactions though, or a few hundred like I have, you will see that it's usually safe to send off your money and wait. There are not "scams" on gun forums as much as some people think. We look out for each other.

I'm plenty experienced in buying/selling through forum classifieds, just not this one. I know I'm not a big poster here and am not in the tight-nit community, but I know exactly how it goes. I trust some people from Zr2usa more than a lot of people I know in person. I run a small welding business when I'm not in school and sell/trade roughly 150 products each summer while I'm not in college. Hitches, recovery points, bumpers, light mounts, headache racks, skid plates, you name it and I probably built it (for the Zr2 Offroad community). I don't accept cash. It leaves too much room for error. I've had things get destroyed and go missing with every mail service and would have for that to happen to someone buying something for me. I deal only in paypal or person to person for my business. Its just how I work. I understand that paypal is anti-gun, and they are having problems with gunpal. However I see on MSA's website that they are accepting CC via phone and it will be available on their website shortly. I'll give it a week and a half(payday) and if it is not online, I will call them and use my CC. It looks like he is getting on top of things. I never said I was worried about a scam, I'm just worried about someone or some machine at the post office that will rip open my letter and lose my money.

Once I get my future adapter, I have confidence that I will have nothing but good things to say about it.

Edited by sputnik360

I never said I was worried about a scam, I'm just worried about someone or some machine at the post office that will rip open my letter and lose my money.

I work for the USPS. I have witnessed the carnage of letters half sealed, unsealed, and with non-bendable things inside. Over 99.9999% of all mail gets to its destination in undamaged condition. Any higher than that and bells and whistles go off (literally), alerting the operators and monitoring personnel of an unacceptable condition. 5 per 10000 is the threshold of mail simply being rejected for being open/partially open, too thick, too short, wrinkled, torn, or simply a machine out of adjustment. It is a high-speed environment letters pass through. Most equipment handles 30000 letters per hour. Of the millions of pieces of mail I see per week processed, there are only a handful that meet a crumpled end. And as long as it isn't "nephew Mikey's" birthday card sent via priority mail windowed envelope, mail is the safest form of getting payment from point A to point B. USPS money orders make it even more secure. Register it, and 100% of it gets to the destination. Registered mail is still hand sorted. There is great and deserved pride in getting 96% of all mail to its destination in 3 to 4 days... cross country. Bottom line: seal it securely, with a trifold 8 1/2 x 11 sheet inside (just the right thickness/stiffness) and it will get there.

We get an undeserved bad rap. No other country or place on earth has a better or safer postal system. That is a fact.

buckmeister

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm waiting to hear an official update from Nate himself. He was supposed to be rolling out his new products in the last few weeks, I just want to see whats up with that. I'll have to make up my mind whether I want a B.A.S.T.A.R.D. or a AR mag adapter.

Word

Anyone looking for updates on MSA products should be looking on his website or facebook page for them. He will keep up to date there as well as answer emails. He is not currently a vendor here on the S-12 forum so he's not going to be posting any more updates or info until he has taken care of his customers and gotten completely caught up on things here. If you don't see him posting then don't start assuming something is wrong. He has made an agreement with the forum owner to finish taking care of business and avoid all the drama here that's been brought on by worrysome folks.....

This is not a stab at anyone here in particular so don't shoot the messenger.

I can relay important info if you send me an email address for him to reply to.

Bottom line is, he does not want to discuss business here on Makc's forum until he has reinstated his vendor status here.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm waiting to hear an official update from Nate himself. He was supposed to be rolling out his new products in the last few weeks, I just want to see whats up with that. I'll have to make up my mind whether I want a B.A.S.T.A.R.D. or a AR mag adapter.

Word

Anyone looking for updates on MSA products should be looking on his website or facebook page for them. He will keep up to date there as well as answer emails. He is not currently a vendor here on the S-12 forum so he's not going to be posting any more updates or info until he has taken care of his customers and gotten completely caught up on things here. If you don't see him posting then don't start assuming something is wrong. He has made an agreement with the forum owner to finish taking care of business and avoid all the drama here that's been brought on by worrysome folks.....

This is not a stab at anyone here in particular so don't shoot the messenger.

I can relay important info if you send me an email address for him to reply to.

Bottom line is, he does not want to discuss business here on Makc's forum until he has reinstated his vendor status here.

Oh, well then I guess things are slowly but surely ironing themselves out. I don't and never had any reason to worry, because I know that if I needed one bad enough I could get one somehow. I'll PM Nate and see whats up.

Also, Buckmeister, I didnt want to give the impression that I thought the USPS had shoddy service. Quite the contrary, I have family that works for the USPS and its no joke. I trying to say that I was hesitant to send a MO because its just like cash. Theres no trail if something goes wrong. However, I did not know that USPS MO's are certified because I never used them. I'll have to investigate that option. Thanks for the info.

he has made an agreement with the forum owner to finish taking care of business and avoid all the drama here that's been brought on by worrysome folks.....

I would say any "drama" has been brought on by his business dealings with Gpal and the actions he took on that front.

He doesn't want to or Makc doesn't want him too? There is a difference. At any rate, that is only appropriate. This forum, rightfully so I'll add, has been protective of only allowing paying vendors to advertise their products and solicit sales. It not only is deny the forum owner what is rightfully his when non paying members push their wares it is grossly unfair to those that pay for the privilege to do so. Furthermore, paying business members might start to question why they should continue to pay if they see that they can get away with announcing products and soliciting sales without doing so. Thus the harm starts to be compounded.

Wow!!! What a genius! My GOD you are so intelligent it's scary! Mind if I just sit back and take notes from your greatness from now on? Zambi, :super_man: oh great protector of forum members and vendors alike....you are our hero....:wub: Thank you so much! :red_heart::kiss:

Sensitive much? The guy was in essence stealing by soliciting here without paying to do so and got asked to knock it off. You try to spin it like it was something he just up and decided to stop doing. That is not exactly how it played out and I think we are both aware of it. You two can't go a couple days without trying to BS people can you?

Wow!!! What a genius! My GOD you are so intelligent it's scary!

Well I can't make my every post a personal put down, a childish tizzy fit rant, or a "interesting spin" on the facts to try to deceive people, but perhaps my comments have other merits. I'm not even sure what your last post is getting at to be honest. I simply asked a clarify question. Did he just decided on his own or did Makc ask him to stop? That's not a difficult or outrageous question is it? I know the answer to it, but the fact that instead of replying you posted what you did can confirm it for everyone else I suppose.

I then merely commented on the forum rule and the rationale behind it. Do you have an issue with the forum rule? Do you not think it makes sense? Do you think my reasoning for why enforcing the rule makes sense is flawed? Is it just that you don't like me but don't actually think I said anything untrue? I'm not sure what your issue is since there is nothing substantive to your post. It is just childish drivel, albeit with very good use of emotioncons; that part deserves an A+. If you want to try adult like communication you could try explaining what your issue is with what I posted.

Edited by Zambidis

Here's another one for your highness. They made this one just for you...:deadhorse:

I'm retiring from this thread now. You have succeeded in completely ruining it. It's no longer even about adapters. Now it's all you and your quest to drag MSA through the dirt. I came back again just to let people know there was no point in talking to, or about MSA here any more, til Nate comes back and can rightfully defend his own self. I directed folks to his website like was the right thing to do. You just can't let anything rest though. You have to try and completely control the whole issue and make it look as bad as possible for MSA, and anyone who has the good sense to see Nate's doing the best he can to get caught up on everything he needs to. AND YES THAT DOES INCLUDE HIS FORUM VENDOR DUES!!! Are you happy? Would you like me and Nate both to bow down and kiss your ass so you can finally be happy and perhaps STFU? It must be so nice for someone without any problems to sit up there on your little pedistal and preach....while ridiculing and talking bad about others who are doing their best to provide a good service to Saiga owners. Just what good do you do around here anyway?

No need to try and think up an answer, I don't give a rat's ass.

Later, this thread is useless now....

:deadhorse:

Should have read Cobra's post before I bailed on this topic. He's right, it's beaten to death. Zambidis, get a grip and have a good life!

Edited by pogy
  • Like 1
He doesn't want to or Makc doesn't want him too?

Well, I guess we have our answer to that question. I'm not sure why it upset you so much or why you couldn't just answer it, or for that matter why you tried to lie about that point in the first place.

If you two would just be forthright about things, is that really so hard, then no one would need to set the record straight. And you wouldn't have to get so irate if someone asks for some clarification.

you have to try and completely control the whole issue and make it look as bad as possible for MSA

You breached the topic I just asked a simple clarifying question of fact. I'm not sure how that is controlling the issue when I didn't bring it up and simply asked if what you said was true or not. I guess the fact that you would need to answer that it wasn't true pisses you off but the solution isn't to be pissed at me it is to tell the truth in the first place or if that's too much to ask simply not even bring up the topic. As far as trying to make something look bad the truth is the truth and is what it is.

Would you like me and Nate both to bow down and kiss your ass so you can finally be happy and perhaps STFU?

I'd settle for a little honesty and adult behavior.

Just what good do you do around here anyway?

I don't know. I buy lots of stuff from various vendors. They in turn pay to advertise and that in turn helps keep the sight going. I give my honest input on certain things which may or may not be of use to someone. Oh and I point out when people are clearly lying maybe there is some good done by that. Apparently those that would like to confuse the issues and pass things off that are, whats the best way to put it, not true, don't appreciate that. Others might though.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Good grief.........I haven't visited here for months. Then when I do I get hooked into this abyss. At the end of it I know three things: 1) I'll never get this time back; 2) I think I want the B.A.S.T.A.R.D. and will sell my hoard of Norinco 223 AK and Gallil Orlite magazines; 3) I will never look at a logo/photo of a Spartan helm in quite the same light again....