A quick comment on the adapters and modding them. There are people out there I know of modding the magwells with success. We do ask that you are careful in doing so. We have not fully tested and able to support the application and eventhough there are those out there that have and with no issues. We still want to maintain safety above all. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knows............All I know is that NOTHING this guy has said to this point has come to fruition. I waited on the email for some pending delivery, I heard the promise of the process being underway

Has anyone recived a tracking number or thier adapter? I have'nt and the post on the website said on the 11th that " tracking numbers go out this week and adapters next week. " The same language wa

Repost from another forum..........       At this time I would like to make a public apology to all customers who ordered or was in wait for an adapter/product that seemed to never arrive, vapor-w

Posted Images

If there are people out there with a backorder and want to check status do email me. I had 30 adapters go out last week and have another 25 going this coming. Keep in mind I have had refunded orders to sift through.. While I tried my best to keep records straight there is always errors but we will correct as we find them. Thanks

Glad to see people posting there getting them... I am still bustin ass trying to get all out as fast as I can so please be patient.... If you need status updates email me or go to the website also. We also are posting updates on Facebook as to whats going on just search for us. Thanks again.

Once the adapter is fitted, do regular AK mags fit loose (when you remove the adapter I mean)?

Corbin this was my main concern when I first got the MSA adapter and learned I was gonna have to remove some material from my trunnion and inside the receiver. Like you I believe, I have always used the slightly modified Bulgy double circle 10 mags and have been extremely pleased with them. They have always run 100% in my gun and fit like a glove.

To answer your question, yes the mags I have modified the feed lips on do fit a slight bit loose now, due to the milling of the trunnion where the feed lips seat against, but they do in fact still function and feed rounds just fine. Gotta thank Master K for that! One thing I'm seeing as a bonus though, is now the other Bulgy mags that I had put back and not modified, fit in there just fine, and also feed. So now I can use both....and the AR mags with the adapter. Just shoot an AR mag empty, replace it with as many other AR mags as you have, then if you run out simply hit the mag catch and drop the Adapter, AR mag and all, and slap in an AK mag and keep shooting!

I like this! :super:

How would you compare fitting the adapter to fitting a Bulgy mag to the gun? Is there much more work to making the adapter fit (I don't have access to a mill)?

Once the adapter is fitted, do regular AK mags fit loose (when you remove the adapter I mean)?

Corbin this was my main concern when I first got the MSA adapter and learned I was gonna have to remove some material from my trunnion and inside the receiver. Like you I believe, I have always used the slightly modified Bulgy double circle 10 mags and have been extremely pleased with them. They have always run 100% in my gun and fit like a glove.

To answer your question, yes the mags I have modified the feed lips on do fit a slight bit loose now, due to the milling of the trunnion where the feed lips seat against, but they do in fact still function and feed rounds just fine. Gotta thank Master K for that! One thing I'm seeing as a bonus though, is now the other Bulgy mags that I had put back and not modified, fit in there just fine, and also feed. So now I can use both....and the AR mags with the adapter. Just shoot an AR mag empty, replace it with as many other AR mags as you have, then if you run out simply hit the mag catch and drop the Adapter, AR mag and all, and slap in an AK mag and keep shooting!

I like this! :super:

How would you compare fitting the adapter to fitting a Bulgy mag to the gun? Is there much more work to making the adapter fit (I don't have access to a mill)?

Cooger, I got my adapter yesterday and finished the install today. Find somebody with a mill...................that's all I'll say about that. I just want to thank Nathan for being "That Guy" and also a shout to his true friend Cobra. ( That's a bona-fide Good Buddy!! )

Here's some pics of the finale Nathan.

post-24388-000334700 1280282305_thumb.jpg

post-24388-040039500 1280282350_thumb.jpg

I second that.... Cobra being a good buddy. You guys have no idea the amount of shit he took and still was there to help me when I needed a friend through hell and back. He deserves more than I'll probably ever be able to repay him but that won't stop me from trying. Thanks again to everyone... we have more going out.

Oh damn! one last thing we are hitting the end of the month and will have a slow down for 3-4 days as we are retooling for a project. Please be patient as we do so.

Edited by MSA

I don't know about people's past experiences, but I ordered an MSA adaptor on Wednesday (yesterday) and I got confirmation of shipment today. That is outstanding service. Thanks, Nathan, I can't wait to get it.

• Like 1

PM me the name.. I am building adapters today and tomorrow and getting them out as fast as I can. We did have a small lag time due to retooling that took us a bit longer than expected and look to be brought/caught back up by Monday-Tuesday.

I have updated the website with this information, just recently. I have a bunch of projects going at the same time and one I can't wait to announce. I do Update the MSA Facebook page daily so check us out there for current news. Thanks

Edited by MSA

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I'd be interested in seeing a copy of the "Instructions". I have the instructions for the Renegadebuck adapter, and it's very easy, self explanatory, and not very intrusive on the rifle. I'd be interested to know if the modification for an MSA adapter is more in-depth. And of even more interest, if the modifications required to make one of the adapters work, be enough to allow the other one to work. Thus being able to test or evaluate both of them. With the Renegadebuck adapter, while a Mill would be neater, it literally can be done with a dremmel, because you are only adapting the nubs on the trunnion to allow the AR magazine to seat deeper. There's nothing modified on the magwell opening or anything. Anyway, if you have instructions online, I'd be interested. Thanks. Mike.....

I responded to the other thread and attached photos. Also verbage corrections so we are on the same page... we are discussing the same thing you are on the wrong axis as I, when referencing points. I'm reposting photos as I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions from these. Also the instructions are on our webpage.

p10002761.jpg

p10002721.jpg

Edited by MSA

Makes me kinda wish I hadn't modded the 10 or 12 Bulgy Circle 10 mags I just got. :rolleyes: I understand they'll still work, but will be loose now.

About how deep are the cuts? I see they're 0.960 wide.

There are two versions of the install that is laid out in the instructions. One is the preferred method and is .96 wide as this allows the adapter to guide the mag all the way into the receiver and stabilize it. The other is to remove the side walls (adapter) and cut to a width of .90. Either way you will be able to use unmodified Bulgy mags. Depth is .89" as this is the depth the AR mag needs to sit at to strip a round.

Edited by MSA

Corbin my unmodded Bulgy mags fit just fine. Also the ones I have modded will work in the gun, they just fit a little loose when inserted empty, or after running dry. When they are loaded however, the mag spring pressure does make them more stable. For anyone planning to use both AR mags and AK mags, I would suggest milling the trunnion to .96 (instead of removing the mag guides on the adapter). In fact I wouldn't remove the material from the adapter even with just AR mags. That is one of the main advantages of this adapter, the mags fit better with no side to side play.

For anyone else who's on the fence because they already have a pile of modded AK mags, ya know it wouldn't be too hard at all to have someone tig a couple of small spots on the front edges of them to make them sit tight against a milled trunnion, like they did before.

If I ever receive MY adapters I've been waiting on.....I'll be happy to post that video I've been waiting for a very long time to post, side by side with the renegade buck adapter. Maybe someone out there who's bought one of the new Gen 3 adapters would loan me theirs for a few days?

Corbin my unmodded Bulgy mags fit just fine. Also the ones I have modded will work in the gun, they just fit a little loose when inserted empty, or after running dry. When they are loaded however, the mag spring pressure does make them more stable. For anyone planning to use both AR mags and AK mags, I would suggest milling the trunnion to .96 (instead of removing the mag guides on the adapter). In fact I wouldn't remove the material from the adapter even with just AR mags. That is one of the main advantages of this adapter, the mags fit better with no side to side play.

For anyone else who's on the fence because they already have a pile of modded AK mags, ya know it wouldn't be too hard at all to have someone tig a couple of small spots on the front edges of them to make them sit tight against a milled trunnion, like they did before.

If I ever receive MY adapters I've been waiting on.....I'll be happy to post that video I've been waiting for a very long time to post, side by side with the renegade buck adapter. Maybe someone out there who's bought one of the new Gen 3 adapters would loan me theirs for a few days?

I'm working on it.... I am.

rawadapters.jpg

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I'd be interested in seeing a copy of the "Instructions". I have the instructions for the Renegadebuck adapter, and it's very easy, self explanatory, and not very intrusive on the rifle. I'd be interested to know if the modification for an MSA adapter is more in-depth. And of even more interest, if the modifications required to make one of the adapters work, be enough to allow the other one to work. Thus being able to test or evaluate both of them. With the Renegadebuck adapter, while a Mill would be neater, it literally can be done with a dremmel, because you are only adapting the nubs on the trunnion to allow the AR magazine to seat deeper. There's nothing modified on the magwell opening or anything. Anyway, if you have instructions online, I'd be interested. Thanks. Mike.....

How did the magwell conversion go? What was the procedure? Was it difficult? I see you have the renegadebuck converter. It has worked good? How long have you had it?