I just ordered a new Waterman because my old (first) one cracked due to dropping it a couple times a couple years ago when I first got it. The crack took a long time to spread, but it eventually did.

The Charleston is pure enamel, so rather brittle, but so beautiful I just had to replace it with the same type.

charlestonFP.jpg

WatermanCharlestonIvoryWhiteGTFount.jpg

A fine writing implement says a lot about a person during certain transactions. It makes a statement.

Mine is entry level yes, but fortunately for me, it's my favorite style out there.

Anyone else get weak in the knees over a beautiful pen?

If so, what's your favorite brand & style?

Looks sweet man. I wish I wasn't so damn forgetful, I guarantee I'd lose such a nice pen :(

Not if you pay close to $200.00 for it.

Same with nice sunglasses. You find you're much more careful when you have a genuine investment in something.

That being said, I did drop my first one (the one I use daily) a few times before I got used to it, but I never drop it, let alone forget it now.

This disposable world we live in has made us careless, but one can be careful when one is motivated to be.

That being said, I don't let people use it, as I fear they'll break it.

It has a solid gold nib, & once someone did drop it & bend the nib & I had to spend a while repairing it.

Looks sweet man. I wish I wasn't so damn forgetful, I guarantee I'd lose such a nice pen :(

Not if you pay close to $200.00 for it.

Same with nice sunglasses. You find you're much more careful when you have a genuine investment in something.

That being said, I did drop my first one (the one I use daily) a few times before I got used to it, but I never drop it, let alone forget it now.

This disposable world we live in has made us careless, but one can be careful when one is motivated to be.

That being said, I don't let people use it, as I fear they'll break it.

It has a solid gold nib, & once someone did drop it & bend the nib & I had to spend a while repairing it.

I like Waterman too.

I just bought a gold and red-lacquer Exception.

It was quite a bit more than $200, but a very satisfying instrument.

Edited by BobAsh

I have some old fountain pens. I've always liked the way they just literally flow across the page, unlike a ball point that just doesn't have that cool feel, or produce the same results. Nothing more irritating than a POS ball point pen that half writes....well maybe a Saiga that only half works....