Saiga low/high brass

I hate to even comment on this one, but as mentioned before high brass low brass is terms used from the old days to represent power of the loads. Now days its just a way to say high power low power. In just the last two weeks Ive shot 12 diff loads from weak 2 3\4 loads to hot 3" loads. Very few of them changed the brass base just because of the load. One Winchester target loads the brass actually decreases with increase in the dram eq list. Very few ive seen even use the term anymore. Ive shot lots of brands much hotter than some yet have much lower brass. Some its said will even use high brass to make you think its a more powerful load.With All that said, the size of the brass is seldom a true indication of load.

"I hate to even comment on this one..." Stansel

Why? Good information, stated like a gentleman. That was my original point here. This could have been a much more informative thread instead of an instant attack on saigalupo. If someone doesn't use proper etiquette and tact, call them out on that. Don't simply start throwing abuse and dismissing what they have to say.

As mentioned in the quote above, I just don't hear or use this term in the field anymore. As a matter of fact, I started hearing it used on a regular basis here, on this forum. Again, if you'd like to continue using this terminology, fine, who gives a shit, but the original poster made solid points.

I have better things to do then split hairs over the "correct" term to use when referring to something most people simply call low brass. If this smartass wants to become the newest 'smart guy on the block', he would do better actually just posting some valid information as PROOF and then leaving it at that....not coming off as some fudd with something to prove to all us uneducated rednecks on the forum who happen to like calling the low powered shit LOW BRASS....because that's exactly what it fucking is. :rolleyes:

Everyone bow down to the one or two people who know so much better than others, they feel it's their moral responsibility to insult others who call it as they see it. Medium brass is not low brass and Wally World value packs are not high brass, end of story. Call it whatever you want and I'll do the same.

It's very easy to see when someone is a habitual troll. Go to their profile and read 10 or more of their consecutive posts...or even better, look at topics they started. See how many of those posts are in a positive and helpful tone (with good honest valuable information), vs how many are argumentative, cocky, nit-picking bullshit.

If you see any argumentative or combative posts under my name they will all be directed toward some idiot who attacked me or one of my friends for no good reason. I don't start a thread just to start a fucking argument, unlike some people here....

Hey COD, YourE the one who put up the pm, dumbass! post #4.

Yeah, you really do like that video game & hate yourself for it don't you?

You give yourself away when you keep bringing it up like you do.

I don't start a thread just to start a fucking argument, unlike some people here....

^_^;)

I have better things to do then split hairs over the "correct" term to use when referring to something most people simply call low brass. If this smartass wants to become the newest 'smart guy on the block', he would do better actually just posting some valid information as PROOF and then leaving it at that....not coming off as some fudd with something to prove to all us uneducated rednecks on the forum who happen to like calling the low powered shit LOW BRASS....because that's exactly what it fucking is. :rolleyes:

Everyone bow down to the one or two people who know so much better than others, they feel it's their moral responsibility to insult others who call it as they see it. Medium brass is not low brass and Wally World value packs are not high brass, end of story. Call it whatever you want and I'll do the same.

It's very easy to see when someone is a habitual troll. Go to their profile and read 10 or more of their consecutive posts...or even better, look at topics they started. See how many of those posts are in a positive and helpful tone (with good honest valuable information), vs how many are argumentative, cocky, nit-picking bullshit.

If you see any argumentative or combative posts under my name they will all be directed toward some idiot who attacked me or one of my friends for no good reason. I don't start a thread just to start a fucking argument, unlike some people here....

Wow, am I a troll? I don't even know what that exactly means except for its meaning in folklore. I assure you that I do not live under a bridge. :unsure: I have been a little argumentative in two posts started by saigalupo because I see the same people who trash him regardless of post content. He lacks tact, for sure, but those who simply want to sling shit are just as guilty of poor etiquette. That's my peeve. First try to explain proper etiquette and then, if he persists, call him an asshole.

If I now fit this 'troll' moniker or one of the two know-it-alls mentioned, I apologise. I've been a member for several years (as I explained earlier, this is a new account, I had a problem logging in on the old one) and have learned that you can pretty much break up the membership into three groups. 10% who are extremely knowledgeable concerning the Saiga-12 platform, 80% (such as myself) who are simply end users looking for new ideas and the way to best utilize this amazing shotgun and the final 10% who are here to cause or jump into the shit at the drop of a hat.

The last 10% ruin so many threads with great potential.

I'm almost certain that I have more time on the Saiga 12 model than Cobra as I actually had my first experience with it before it was imported into the U.S. That being said, I come here to this forum because of the initial 10% to learn from them. Currently, Cobra's knowledge of the technical aspects, how this weapon functions and how it can be enhanced is far greater than mine (someone was paying attention in class :rolleyes: ) and I 'll be the first to admit that I've learned a great deal from him and others here and continue to do so.

If I've pissed off Cobra and other members like him, I apologize. I am a big man, so this is easy for me.

Good information here. If you read some of it, you'd understand that high brass was originally used on heavier loads because they needed the extra strength in the hull. In todays shot shells, with better and stronger plastics, that is not the , no pun intended, case. Today, it's more a matter of economy on what to use, cheaper, bulk especially, light loads will usually have low brass.

Wolf slugs, for example, compared to other slugs, have low, or if your in the nitpicking industry, have lower brass. It's a full power round that is about 30% cheaper than its nearest rival in quality. While it uses excellent components internally, one of differences based on economy is low/lower brass.

In todays market, high or low brass is no longer synonymous with full or low/light loads in shotshells. Many full power loads do have higher brass and many low/light loads do have lower brass, but that is not what defines either, as said, they are not synonymous.

The correct statement when trying to differentiate between full and light loads should just simply be Full Power Loads and Light Loads.

Oh, and who was that back a few posts that cited Wikipedia as their source...WOW. :rolleyes:

Thankyou someone else who is actually informed and knows what they are talking about, and put it better than I. Thanks for seeing it how I really met it. Even if some people hate to "split hairs" over the correct usage of terms, noobs see it and take it as truth

which causes more ignorance with more people.

I guess some people just believe 2+2=5 and cant stand to be corrected. But this is an internet forum so what can you do. If people would

actually do some research instead of popping off at the mouth with hateful comments, this place would be much better. Ignorance is bliss.

Edited by saigalupo
  • Like 1

Wow, am I a troll? I don't even know what that exactly means except for its meaning in folklore. I assure you that I do not live under a bridge. :unsure: I have been a little argumentative in two posts started by saigalupo because I see the same people who trash him regardless of post content. He lacks tact, for sure, but those who simply want to sling shit are just as guilty of poor etiquette. That's my peeve. First try to explain proper etiquette and then, if he persists, call him an asshole.

If I now fit this 'troll' moniker or one of the two know-it-alls mentioned, I apologise. I've been a member for several years (as I explained earlier, this is a new account, I had a problem logging in on the old one) and have learned that you can pretty much break up the membership into three groups. 10% who are extremely knowledgeable concerning the Saiga-12 platform, 80% (such as myself) who are simply end users looking for new ideas and the way to best utilize this amazing shotgun and the final 10% who are here to cause or jump into the shit at the drop of a hat.

I'm almost certain that I have more time on the Saiga 12 model than Cobra as I actually had my first experience with it before it was imported into the U.S. That being said, I come here to this forum because of the initial 10% to learn from them. Currently, Cobra's knowledge of the technical aspects, how this weapon functions and how it can be enhanced is far greater than mine (someone was paying attention in class :rolleyes: ) and I 'll be the first to admit that I've learned a great deal from him and others here and continue to do so.

If I've pissed off Cobra and other members like him, I apologize. I am a big man, so this is easy for me.

Pretty sure he wasn't talking about you. I didn't read it that way.

Sometimes when you're posting from multiple accounts, one can screw up & respond from the wrong one on accident.

It helps if you use different skins on the forums for different accounts. That way you have a hint of which account you're using & don't screw up. ;)

Sometimes when you're posting from multiple accounts, one can screw up & respond from the wrong one on accident.

It helps if you use different skins on the forums for different accounts. That way you have a hint of which account you're using & don't screw up. ;)

And just who are you accusing of posting from multiple accounts Pauly?

Look...I told myself a month ago I wasn't going to get into any more of these petty ass arguments about stoopid shit that doesn't matter. Fact is though, I can't stand a smartass who tries to make others look bad, so it's hard for me not to jump into this kind of crap.

That said, my first post in this thread was not hostile. I told him if he had something he wanted to say then go ahead and produce some facts. I don't shoot wolf 00 buck, I use S&B, so I don't know (or really care) what kind of brass it has. If he wants to make a valid point and actually say something intelligent I have nothing against that. But if he wants to do it in a fashion that implies the people on this forum are a bunch of uninformed idiots....like has been stated by those taking his side on the issue, I for one do not appreciate being called an idiot, especially for calling fucking low brass wally world crap ammo, just what it is.

Is it HIGH brass?

NO it s not.

That kind of ammo is what started this whole thing though and if you read his post in the "S-12 failure rate" thread, which was before this and identical to his first post here, then you will see that.

Don't call me an idiot for calling low brass shells, low brass shells dammit. And don't call me any other names for getting irritated at people who want to belittle others on the forum here. Go somewhere else if you don't like how people talk here.

Now given....stansplace was way out of line and being an ass when he jumped all in the OP's shit the way he did. Shame on you dude. You should apologize to the man and move the hell on...unless he had sent you a PM first that was asking for such a rude reply, and then you should have cussed him out in private instead of starting a shitstorm.

I don't like stuck up smartasses and everyone knows it. I need to stop trying to remind people of it I guess.

My apologies for ever getting involved in this stupid thread....and pauly's full of shit if he thinks I am posting from any other account besides this one. I have no need to hide behind some bogus name or a different skin. Screw anyone who thinks so.

Some people can find the dumbest shit to start arguments about.....:rolleyes:

No hard feelings. I just didn't want to be the cause of a guy like Cobra going Fangs Out... :angel:

What I do have to say after reading my last post (had to run out to my son's lacrosse game) was that my last paragraph starts out sounding like I want to start a pissing match with Cobra,"I'm almost certain that I have more time on the Saiga 12 model than Cobra...". All that I meant was that even though I have a long history with the Saiga-12, I'm not too proud to admit that he and others here know far more about the function of this beast and I learn new things about it all the time being a forum member.

Paulyski I don't have multiple accounts. I could not access my old account after a year away from the forum (I could not remember password, had new e-mail address, etc...). It was easier to just start a new account with a new name. I just bring it up now and then so people don't think that I'm a complete noob.

Cobra, Paulyski was refering to me as I keep mentioning having to start a new account here recently.

Edited by FRC64

Cobra, we get along and all but I am not going to apologize to him. The only reason I jumped in his shit was because he had called one too many members a dumb ass and belittled too many people who I respect in other threads. When a new guy comes on and starts telling everyone how dumb they are and how great he is it bugs me.

Most gun guys don't take to kindly to someone else telling them how they don't know shit and trying to educate them because they think they are so much smarter and better than everyone else. I just didn't like how he kept talking down to people.

Out of reading nearly every post and this forum for the last year and posting however many posts I have made, I have a problem with one guy on the forum. Big deal, I don't care. Tritium asked me to stop flaming him and I did. It's over. I don't care. If the mods wouldn't have asked me to stop, I would still be talking shit to him.

I haven't started any trouble on the forum in the past and I don't intend to now because I enjoy learning from all the great people on here. However, I don't enjoy seeing good members talked down to like a little kid by some narcissistic anonymous ___________ <(insert derogatory comment here.)

I have a lot of respect for 99.9% of members here, but not this guy. Not the way he talks to other grown ass men. I stand by post #2 in this thread. I believe a grown man should say what he means, and mean what he says. I do. I also believe a grown man should do what he is asked to do (stop flaming the guy by a mod) I did and I am done with it.

The rest of the forum will take care of it if he turns out to be what I said he was. If not, then I'll be the asshole for calling him on his BS. I've been an asshole before and am quite comfortable with it. As for this situation......... Carry on. I'm done.

I had some shit written here but after a nice pm from stan I deleted it.

we called a truce and he also earned my respect

and im happy to say he is also dating my sister.

Edited by saigalupo
  • Like 1

LOL

Jokes on you heres a pic of her

post-24640-12731898265162_thumb.jpg

Edited by saigalupo
  • Like 1

LOL

Jokes on you heres a pic of her

greedy.gifhaha.gif Don't let some of the guys on here see her. They love fat chicks.

Sorry to go off topic, but saigalupo, what's with the black chicken with the red and white shield on your arm?

... sind Sie Österreicher?

Sorry to go off topic, but saigalupo, what's with the black chicken with the red and white shield on your arm?

Nein ich bin Italian American but..

After I got out of the military I took a security job in Austria, I lived there for just under

5 years and its very near and dear to my heart. Thats the Austrian coat of arms, good eye!

Ill be starting a "show yer tatts" thread later look for a better pic of it as well as

some others. Im sure Ill get the usual "fuck you" responses cause Im such a

popular guy lol.

Oh yeah thats not my arm its my front upper leg.

Edited by saigalupo
  • Like 1

Nein ich bin Italian American but..

After I got out of the military I took a security job in Austria, I lived there for just under

5 years and its very near and dear to my heart. Thats the Austrian coat of arms, good eye!

Ill be starting a "show yer tatts" thread later look for a better pic of it as well as

some others. Im sure Ill get the usual "fuck you" responses cause Im such a

popular guy lol.

Oh yeah thats not my arm its my front upper leg.

My family is from Austria. I was born here in the States.

When you put up your next post, remember, behave yourself. :cryss:

Most here are really great guys and you'll pick up a lot of great info.

And just who are you accusing of posting from multiple accounts Pauly?

Not you.