What Mods to do on a Glock 17 for 3 gun?

I'm looking for anything else I should do to my Glock for 3 gun shooting. Any ideas? I'm on a limited budget and the Saiga puts me into open.

I'm planning on:

1. Taking it apart to do a ".25 cent trigger job" and fixing the trigger like Gunfixr explained. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=53965&st=0&gopid=505252entry505252

2. Adding a 3.5# disconnect and lighter spring like Cobra suggested.

3. Adding a Dawson Ice magwell (I think that is the one)

4. Adding some grip tape

5. Going to put a Burris Fastfire ii mounted on the slide. My gun shoots at least 4" low at 15 yards. That makes it very hard to take out a Texas star.

Edited by Racer 27

Sounds like you're good to go, except for one thing:

Swap the barrel for a Bar-Sto or Wilson Combat barrel. The polygonal rifling in a Glock can cause lead build up and lead to a firing out-of-battery condition that is unsafe.

Look here: Glock barrels

Swap the barrel for a Bar-Sto or Wilson Combat barrel. The polygonal rifling in a Glock can cause lead build up and lead to a firing out-of-battery condition that is unsafe.

I'm not shooting any reloads yet, I'm just shooting the copper coated win. 100 round value packs.

I'm not shooting any reloads yet, I'm just shooting the copper coated win. 100 round value packs.

Same problem. Swap out that barrel if you're shooting anything but jacketed. Glock polygonal rifling and anything but jacketed bullets is a BIG no-no. The coating on the copper coated is electroplating, only a thousandth or so thick.

I suggest shooting it as is out of the box for a while before doing any modifications check out the way the other competitors are set up. If your really serious and are shooting in the open division you'll need an optic and a trigger job I call it good unless you want to modify the gun over time.

• 3 weeks later...