The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

Yougo brass is now 15 cents a round at JG Sales (Sorry I cannot list a link due to forum rules, but feel free to PM me if you are having problems).

Shipping was just under $30 (these are shipped out in big green crates of 1260 rounds).

I suspect this will be the best deal on surplus ammo for a while.

• Like 1
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

Im pretty sure it has been cleared up on several posts that ammo links are O.K.

Last time I posted a link to a non sponsor, people like you bitched to the management. People can just find the site for themselves. That way I don't have to deal with the childishness.

• Like 1

No last time you posted a link it was to items that forum vendors dont want linked and people bitched like always im sure.

Again ammo links have been clearly stated as ok to link.

Linking rifles from K-var on sale is not OK as clearly stated too.

i am bummed shipping $55.00 to maryland which brings it back to .25 cents per round. Might as well stay with clasic arms st .21 cents a round and start reloading stash Or just stay with ammoman .23 cents per round new production wolf.

That's what I'm shooting. :super:

Its good ammo... for the price.

i am bummed shipping $55.00 to maryland which brings it back to .25 cents per round. Might as well stay with clasic arms st .21 cents a round and start reloading stash Or just stay with ammoman .23 cents per round new production wolf.

That sucks man, you should move out west!

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like prices are starting to come back down to more reasonable levels.

Yakdung

No Problem!

thanks for the heads up, looks good

No Problem!

LOL @ "golden age of 7.62x39"

Get back to me when you can buy new Russian for $69 per 1000 like I was in 2000. THAT was the golden age. Or perhaps the late 80's when the Chinese stuff was super cheap.

That said, this is a pretty good deal, and I do hope prices continue to fall.

LOL @ "golden age of 7.62x39"

Get back to me when you can buy new Russian for $69 per 1000 like I was in 2000. THAT was the golden age. Or perhaps the late 80's when the Chinese stuff was super cheap.

That said, this is a pretty good deal, and I do hope prices continue to fall.

Well, I couldn't put "Silver-Age" in the title, no one would check out the thread and the good people over at JG Sales wouldn't be able to feed their kids. I resolutely stand by my choice of words.

I am headed back to Phoenix area or el Paso Texas. Phoenix is my first choice but money is super tight and i am in the process of selling my Harley and Russian Ural to get moving money. Then there is always getting a job and place to stay while i get back on my feet. I have relatives in El Paso and lots of possibilities for getting back into the gov. but there is nothing else there that suits my life style. Guns, bikes, hiking etc. man I miss the southwest!!!!!!

Edited by leadslinger

Yeah, since the ammo is brass cased, you can just go with the play-on-words angle :)

But yeah, here is to hoping we get back to at least $200 per 1000 Russian. Seems to have leveled out around $225...I still think that is a bit high.

no kidding, anything newly produced around the same price as this yugp stuff would be more than welcome.

I am headed back to Phoenix area or el Paso Texas. Phoenix is my first choice but money is super tight and i am in the process of selling my Harley and Russian Ural to get moving money. Then there is always getting a job and place to stay while i get back on my feet. I have relatives in El Paso and lots of possibilities for getting back into the gov. but there is nothing else there that suits my life style. Guns, bikes, hiking etc. man I miss the southwest!!!!!!

Arizona is great except for all the Republicans. They infest the state like rodents. I support LEO's right to pull over car-loads of suspected Republicans for summary deportation....

Well guys i checked and this is definitely a good price for the ammo....but is corrosive.

How do people clean their guns after wards? A short list of the cleaning products and a bit of procedures would help me a lot.

Thanks.

Hot water followed by a bore snake followed by Hoppes followed by a bore snake, or you can piss down your barrel and follow up with the bore snake.

Edited by bigsal

Just to check if i understood correctly

so i just spray hot water (with a sprayer thing) on the entire gun? then followed by bore snake dipped in hot water and then hoppes (copper solvent) on the barrel only or do i try to clean the inside of the receiver (fcg and all the other stuff inside the gun) with hoppes?

thanks

Well guys i checked and this is definitely a good price for the ammo....but is corrosive.

How do people clean their guns after wards? A short list of the cleaning products and a bit of procedures would help me a lot.

Thanks.

Corrosive so what. A couple of squirts of Windex and a blast at the quarter wash will fix things up in a dandy.

Yakdung

Only the primers are slightly corrosive. I wipe down everything with whatever is available run some water though barrel and gas system dry it all off then clean normally. The added cleaning is less time than it takes to load a couple of mags by hand. One good thing is the rifle has never looked better the piston seems brand new bolt is spotless and bore looks like it was just off the line.

Its great ammo. Shipping is high due the wooden crate and lead container but that's why the ammo is pristine and I always get 2 for every one I shoot with one going into storage. These will last another 20 years packaged like this. I dont expect more than a year more of this stuff being on the market if that. When this is gone Im of the mind we have seen the last of cheap mil-surp for the x39.

Yeah, since the ammo is brass cased, you can just go with the play-on-words angle :)

But yeah, here is to hoping we get back to at least $200 per 1000 Russian. Seems to have leveled out around $225...I still think that is a bit high.

no kidding, anything newly produced around the same price as this yugp stuff would be more than welcome.

hey,when i was in mexico i just woke up from a nap from a drive in the mountains.they saw me groggy and pulled over the car thinking they kidnapped me!so,i`am all for racial profiling;as they could have saved my life,if things were diferent!

Arizona is great except for all the Republicans. They infest the state like rodents. I support LEO's right to pull over car-loads of suspected Republicans for summary deportation....

Thanks.

Hot water followed by a bore snake followed by Hoppes followed by a bore snake, or you can piss down your barrel and follow up with the bore snake.

Corrosive so what. A couple of squirts of Windex and a blast at the quarter wash will fix things up in a dandy.

Yakdung

I'd advise using water rather then windex.

Windex contains ammonia that eats at the chrome lining in the barrel. And the only benefit is from the water in it.

Corrosive ammo only means that when fired the primers leave a salt residue. Rust forms with water, the salt only gathers the water from the air around it. So if you live in a very dry area you almost don't need to clean it.

If your going to put water on a salted rifle be sure to use enough to wash the salts away.

Yakdung

Windex contains ammonia that eats at the chrome lining in the barrel. And the only benefit is from the water in it.

Corrosive ammo only means that when fired the primers leave a salt residue. Rust forms with water, the salt only gathers the water from the air around it. So if you live in a very dry area you almost don't need to clean it.

If your going to put water on a salted rifle be sure to use enough to wash the salts away.

So will i need to water all the parts inside the receiver as well? then dry and relube it?

Edit-i live in San Francisco near the ocean....so im guessing if i shoot anything corrosive, im going to have to clean it pretty thoroughly.

Edited by lagann

Correct. I use boiling hot water so that it drys fast rather then soaking in.

Then I clean the rifle as normal and spray a lot of oil in any area that has a seam that water could get into. Seems to have worked as I have no rust after two years of doing this.

My old method was to clean as normal and oil very well.. That works well provided the oil does not get wiped off in storage.

I ordered some from them last week and noticed the price drop. I've had my eye on it and decided to pull the trigger and get a crate.

I wonder how long they are going to have it in stock, they are out pricing everyone by about 3 cents a round.

holy shit!!!! 3 cents for corrosive ammo. I dont think I can handle myself. Just creamed my pants....

Hit us back when Golden tiger is cheaper....I might get a hard on then

/sarcasm off, lol sorry couldnt handle my self.

Yakdung

The ammonia in Windex is designated "Ammonia D" type that has a drying agent and is not nearly so corrosive as stock ammonia found in some floor cleaners. You nose can tell the difference easily. My chrome barrel is in near pristine shape after almost 3k rounds most of it this yugo stuff. Water does work just as well though and lets face it much cheaper so much the better.

Correct. I use boiling hot water so that it drys fast rather then soaking in.

Then I clean the rifle as normal and spray a lot of oil in any area that has a seam that water could get into. Seems to have worked as I have no rust after two years of doing this.

My old method was to clean as normal and oil very well.. That works well provided the oil does not get wiped off in storage.

The reason some use the Ammonia D products is they dry so fast, this is what prevents streaks on windows. We make far to much of this I fear and some newer gun owners get the idea it's complicated when it isn't. Just cleaning the bolt, gas system, and barrel will get it done since regular cleaning will get almost all of the salts even without the water but of course you do want to use water first so all of it goes.