The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

Just got 40 boxes (800rnds) of that Tula from Cabella's for $156 shipped, when they were doing the $5 shipping deal a few days ago. Best deal I've found in a while.

I've shot about 100 rounds so far and it's done just as good as anything else I've ever shot in 7.62 x 39.

Next time you see the coupon could you post the coupon code on this thread? Id like to be able to get in on that 5$ shipping (not for the ammo, but for their plastic dry storage boxs).

Thanks man!

The code was "dadsday" but the deal only lasted until june 14th for some reason. You'd think it would've gone through today, with sunday being father's day. I'm not sure what kind of specials they've got going on right now, but I think I'm going to dip into some more of that ammo when they get it back in stock.

$5 for shipping on a big order is hard to beat though.. I hope they'll continue to do that. The shipping factor can ruin a good deal online in many cases.

Oh yeah.. The $5 shipping was on anything over $150 too. That's why I went with 800 instead of 1k rounds.. It put me just over the $150 mark.

Edited by danklab
  • Like 2
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

i saw the code when i placed my order. i think it was "dadsday". It could be applied to orders of 150$+. My 20 boxes was only 94$ shipped. The ammo on back order is now 5.99/box. They also had some brass cased ammo on special for 6.99/box.

• Like 1

Aim Surplus has $199/1000 for Wolf 122FMJ or HP ammo.

The Armory, Wideners are also $199/1000 FMJ.

Wideners has Golden Tiger for $219/1000. :super: Also the Wolf MC 124gr HPs are $199.50/1000

J&G is $219/1000 for most..

Shipping on the GT is about 5 bucks higher than my usual source, but I havnt been able to get it lately. Thanks!

• Like 2

GT is great ammo, however there are currently multiple sources for brown bear that have Lacquer rather than Poly coating. I would go with the bear (only if lacquered) before the vamp. If for nothing else for the $10 saveings per case...

By the way thanks to everyone for keeping this ammo thread alive!

• Like 2

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got it in 2 days.

To each their own, though, I suppose.

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis
  • Like 4

I just received an email from CenterfireSystems for 1K rounds (looks like Yugo) $199 delivered.

Yup, that is a great deal. $249(delivered) for the 1260 round crate from them as well.

It is 1970's stuff.

• Like 2

Cabelas has Tula for $3.79 per box. Free shipping on orders of $150 or more (4th of July promo). 1000 rounds can be had for $189.50 shipped.

I have purchased the bulk of my x39 from Cabelas as they very often have good deals. It is a plus that I am close to a store so I don't need to pay for shipping and use in store pickup. Of course, that is con as well as I seem to always buy 'something' else when I pick up the ammo! :)

I am particularly fond of the various promotions I get where they give say $25 off of a $100 purchase. Doesn't happen often, but I seem to get that coupon in the mail at least once a year.

• Like 2

Military Shooters is having a 4th of July sale; $99.99 for 500 rounds of 7.62x39 (or .223) Wolf. If you spend $199.99 or more, you get flat rate shipping of $7.99.

Military Shooters 4th sale is for Brown Bear FMJ and not Wolf, according to my notification.

• Like 2

Cabelas has Tula for $3.79 per box. Free shipping on orders of $150 or more (4th of July promo). 1000 rounds can be had for $189.50 shipped.

I have purchased the bulk of my x39 from Cabelas as they very often have good deals. It is a plus that I am close to a store so I don't need to pay for shipping and use in store pickup. Of course, that is con as well as I seem to always buy 'something' else when I pick up the ammo! :)

I am particularly fond of the various promotions I get where they give say $25 off of a $100 purchase. Doesn't happen often, but I seem to get that coupon in the mail at least once a year.

I thought the cabelas sale was over.

Also graf and sons just put out a sale on the ULY ammo, 4.79 a box.

• Like 1

thanks for the headsup on them. These rounds are still on backorder but at that price.

The code for free shipping is XJUNE and is good until 7/6/10

• Like 1

Military Shooters is having a 4th of July sale; $99.99 for 500 rounds of 7.62x39 (or .223) Wolf. If you spend $199.99 or more, you get flat rate shipping of $7.99.

Military Shooters 4th sale is for Brown Bear FMJ and not Wolf, according to my notification.

Sorry, I was drunk last night... I edited my post.

• Like 1

A little off-topic as its 5.45x39 related.. Hornady is now making 60gr FMJ ammo for the 5.45x39 for $17.75/box of 20 at Natchez.

Back on the 7.62x39 Natchezss.com has:

UMC 123gr FMJ is $14.99/box of 20. Remington CoreLokt 125gr PSP is $20.99/box of 20, and Win Whitebox is $15.36/box of 20.

Wolf MC 124 SP, HP, & FMJ are all at $5.99/box of 20. They also got TulAmmo for $5.99/box, and Yugo 1260 rnd crates for $270..

Al

• Like 1

The Tula 7.62x39 boxes of 20 are on sale again at cabela's for $3.79.

Still on backorder though.

I prefer brass cassing

Aim has Golden Bear for 4.95/box

Edited by GregM1
  • Like 1

The Tula 7.62x39 boxes of 20 are on sale again at cabela's for $3.79.

Still on backorder though.

I prefer brass cassing

I do also which is why Ive bought nothing in FMJ except the yugo mil-surp since it hit the market. Its also a great way to build up a stockpile since the cans can be opened enough to withdraw a test box and then resealed with JB weld. This gives you rather long storage capacity. Brass is just easier on the rifle and so far consistently accurate since case expansion on brass is more predictable.

• Like 1

Just got a new SportsmansGuide coupon code for $10 Off.. SG1625 good till July 4th..

So again the Wolf MC 124gr HP's 500 for $117 - $10 is $107 before shipping..

GregM1... Aim has Golden Bear listed as BRASS COATED - Steel Cased ammo..

Can anyone confirm this... Is it brass or steel cased??

Al

• Like 1

Just got a new SportsmansGuide coupon code for $10 Off.. SG1625 good till July 4th..

So again the Wolf MC 124gr HP's 500 for $117 - $10 is $107 before shipping..

GregM1... Aim has Golden Bear listed as BRASS COATED - Steel Cased ammo..

Can anyone confirm this... Is it brass or steel cased??

Al

They're steel cased. Even says so on the actual box.

• Like 1

Centerfire Systems lists Yugo in sealed tins for $249 shipped free.

Sadly, they do not know how to properly market their products. The Yugo boxes are sealed in a zinc lined wooden crate. These are not Russian style tins.

However thanks for reporting their marketing error, it is a good deal indeed!

LETS KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE BOYS! WE HAVE MORE VIEWS THAN MOST OF THE ESTABLISHED STICKIES IN THIS SUB FORUM!!!

Edited by bigsal

What do you guys think about Silver Bear SP?

I see ammunitiontogo has it for $240 per 1,000. Is that a good deal, or is the SP not worth the extra money?

I have used it with no problem. I got 500 rounds from SGAmmo for $113 I think. Makes cleaning easier.

• Like 1