The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

Just got the email also..

TGI is $35 shipping to PA.. Total would be $195 which = $0.174 per round... not bad at all.. :super:

Got other bills and I just ordered 240 rounds of the Wolf MC HPs for $55 or $0.23 from SGuide.. Happy to be sitting on 500+ rounds for Christine right now..

Also dropped almost $300 in 2 weeks on 308 ammo.. so I'm $pent for the month..

Damn bills.. Lol

Al

• Like 1

I have been watching this thread and joined the forums to post :-D

I ordered the 175 wideners.com Golden Tiger ammo and this ammo looks very close to Brown Bear I bought at a local gun store for more than double the price. Hopefully I get to the range this weekend to test how they fire.

Ammo came in about 1 week (to Buffalo) and was $195 with shipping. Box is a standard cardboard Russian ammo box with a heavy plastic bag around the 50 small 20 round boxes. Could not be happier with their service! Much recommended!!!

Edited by mayhem1080
  • Like 2

I have been watching this thread and joined the forums to post :-D

I ordered the 175 wideners.com Golden Tiger ammo and this ammo looks very close to Brown Bear I bought at a local gun store for more than double the price. Hopefully I get to the range this weekend to test how they fire.

Ammo came in about 1 week (to Buffalo) and was $195 with shipping. Box is a standard cardboard Russian ammo box with a heavy plastic bag around the 50 small 20 round boxes. Could not be happier with their service! Much recommended!!!

Welcome to the forum! This thread is the best one in the section bar none! Keep us posted with how well the GT shoots! :super:

• Like 1

Had to buy a case of 308 before making any more x39 buys but now back in the market. Right now I can see no reason to buy anything other than the yugo both due to price and performance. Its known that Yugo rounds are a tad hotter than Ruskie the reason for the thicker barrel on the Yugo Aks and I get better groups with it than GT or any steel or brass for that matter until you get to the US made hunting (Self Defense) ammo.

If you haven't yet, give it a try seems to be very plentiful now, but who knows how long that will last.

• Like 1

I went about 2 weeks with yugo one time. Slight surface rusting on the bultface, but It cleaned up nice. Really you will be fine even if left for a month.

How is the yugo corrosivness compared to Norinco, I let my SGL sit for two days and my flash suppressor had to be wrenched off due to serious corrosive damage, not to mention my gas tube looked toast! far worse than my Russian 7.62x54r

Edited by Indyk
  • Like 1

Besides yugo, what's the best deal on copper jacketed brass cased ammo?

The only thing I can shoot at my indoor range is yugo, and I've about went through a case of it there already. I have a shitload of wolf and golden tiger (well, a relative shitload) but they won't let us use it inside since it doesn't pass the "magnet test" and therefor is "armor piercing" :lolol:

just order more yugo?

Edited by t3mac21
  • Like 1

I wish I could buy 3k thiz month :cryss:

So what'd you buy then, a crate of Yugo?

I went on a Serbian Shopping Spree (thread to follow). I got a crate of Yugo brass, a m92 Krink kit and an EZ9 pistol.... :eek:

You got a Krink kit, nice. :up: As I mentioned before, I'll be interested to hear how that pistol performs.

I just noticed that J&G Sales has 2520 rnds of Yugo for $399. Shipping, (to western CO), would be ~$64.50, so that'd be ~18.4 cents per round. Not too bad. I'll have to see if I can get a friend to buy half, (1 crate), for the discounted price.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

You got a Krink kit, nice. :up: As I mentioned before, I'll also be interested to hear how that pistol performs.

I just noticed that J&G Sales has 2520 rnds of Yugo for $399. Shipping, (to western CO), would be ~$64.50, so that'd be ~18.4 cents per round. Not too bad. I'll have to see if I can get a friend to buy half, (1 crate), for the discounted price.

I will post a review of the EZ9. I recommend the crates, the rounds are sealed up air tight for long term storage. Use the GT for range work to avoid cleaning. Use the YUGO for SHTF....

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 1

...I recommend the crates, the rounds are sealed up air tight for long term storage. Use the GT for range work to avoid cleaning. Use the YUGO for SHTF....

That's exactly what I was thinking. The tins the Yugo comes packed in should store extremely well, (and already have for a few decades), even if buried. Also, come TEOTWAWKI, a little possible rust in your rifle's gas tube, (if you can only clean semi-regularly), will be the least of your concerns.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

...I recommend the crates, the rounds are sealed up air tight for long term storage. Use the GT for range work to avoid cleaning. Use the YUGO for SHTF....

That's exactly what I was thinking. The tins the Yugo comes packed in should store extremely well, (and already have for a few decades), even if buried. Also, come TEOTWAWKI, a little possible rust in your rifle's gas tube, (if you can only clean semi-regularly), will be the least of your concerns.

Ive been doing the opposite, I filled one open tin up with GT a sock full of oven dried clay kitty litter and resealed with JB weld. Easier than it sounds really. Why is that the GT is coated and assuming I got the seal done should last practically forever. Of course the other tins of yugo are still there as well. Going to miss this stuff when its finally gone from the market.

• Like 1

Ive been doing the opposite, I filled one open tin up with GT a sock full of oven dried clay kitty litter and resealed with JB weld. Easier than it sounds really. Why is that the GT is coated and assuming I got the seal done should last practically forever. Of course the other tins of yugo are still there as well. Going to miss this stuff when its finally gone from the market.

That is a really interesting way of accomplishing resealing, but I recommend doing so in a room with a de-humidifier as even small amounts of moisture will get into the rounds after some time in storage. Also, they make O2 absorbers that you can buy, you may want to throw those in with the clay cat litter. The yugo penetrates better than the GT, so using it as a choice for SHTF is probably the most ideal. However the lacquer coating of the GT also makes it a viable candidate for long term storage.....Hard choices! :super:

That is a really interesting way of accomplishing resealing, but I recommend doing so in a room with a de-humidifier as even small amounts of moisture will get into the rounds after some time in storage. Also, they make O2 absorbers that you can buy, you may want to throw those in with the clay cat litter. The yugo penetrates better than the GT, so using it as a choice for SHTF is probably the most ideal. However the lacquer coating of the GT also makes it a viable candidate for long term storage.....Hard choices! :super:

Nothing but hard choices lately. Funds are becoming strained due to cuts at work and having to make do with less. I love the yugo almost as much as my rifle does and have some socked away also and would gladly buy twice what I have if I could. If we were to lose the ability to get ammo for whatever reason no amount will be truly enough.

• Like 1

spirkster..

the problem is shipping to me is $15 from CTD.. Aim shipping is $11.. Copes is $5..

The irony is that at 200 rounds the final 'shipped' COST is the same..

Just about $50-51 from any of the above vendors... Kinda sucks.. @ $0.25/round

got a few hundred left here.. gonna make it last till Nov show in Philly... or just buy 500-1000 online..

Al

• Like 1