The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

I bought 360 rounds of Uly 122 FMJ from Walmart locally for $4.79/20. I also went to Turner's Outdoors (a So. Cal chain) and bought 300 rounds of Wolf MC 124 HP (with the Sapsan 8M3 bullet) at $6.49/20. While that's not particularly cheap, it is available. EVERYONE online is out of stock on it, with shipments due mid-December to mid-January. I wanted some for my "duty ammo" in my home PDW Saiga.

I bought 360 rounds of Uly 122 FMJ from Walmart locally for $4.79/20. I also went to Turner's Outdoors (a So. Cal chain) and bought 300 rounds of Wolf MC 124 HP (with the Sapsan 8M3 bullet) at $6.49/20. While that's not particularly cheap, it is available. EVERYONE online is out of stock on it, with shipments due mid-December to mid-January. I wanted some for my "duty ammo" in my home PDW Saiga.

WPA military classic 124gr HP no longer has the 8M3. Try Tulammo 124GR HP.

Duty ammo... that's why I used to keep 4x20rd tanker mags loaded with Remington PSP(cant skimp there ), Now I only keep three 20rders loaded with PSP ....

...but its 308.

I use a Saiga 10 rounder (converted to a 15 rounder) in the weapon for handiness with a 30 on the shelf next to it. The Brown Bear 125 SP performs very well, also, according to the boys at Guns and Ammo "Book of the AK" (Suarez, et al). I checked the new boxes of Wolf MC HP with some old boxes of it that I have that have the 8M3 bullet. The bullets appear identical, same ogive and shape, same depth and size of HP cavity, and same depth striations (pre-cuts) on the inside of the jacket. Mikey, where did you hear they weren't using the Sapsan bullet?

I use a Saiga 10 rounder (converted to a 15 rounder) in the weapon for handiness with a 30 on the shelf next to it. The Brown Bear 125 SP performs very well, also, according to the boys at Guns and Ammo "Book of the AK" (Suarez, et al). I checked the new boxes of Wolf MC HP with some old boxes of it that I have that have the 8M3 bullet. The bullets appear identical, same ogive and shape, same depth and size of HP cavity, and same depth striations (pre-cuts) on the inside of the jacket. Mikey, where did you hear they weren't using the Sapsan bullet?

Dealer/distributers and the shipment of WPA (not Wolf) 124gr MC HP I received.

Just popping in to share current ammo prices.

Just bought 1260 round tin of Yugoslavian from AIMsurplus comes in big spam can.

Cost per round: $0.17 (excluding shipping costs, since it varies by zipcode)

$59.31 to ship to me. Dam that's a lot. I swear last time I paid like $35 to ship

Edited by WarHammer28

It's much better than Tula. It took me almost 2 hours to get it clean after shooting that ammo. I was so over it, I gave the rest away lol. Yes, Wolf is dirty....not sure where you are buying your Yugo, every gun show i go to they are out or don't have any. If it's the same price, I'd rather clean after shooting Yugo than Wolf.

a gun shop in my area just got Wolf FMJ and HP in and were selling them for $6.50/20, no tax in Oregon. so Wolf seems to still be delivering (for now). Note: I'm not saying $6.50 a box is a steal, even if I still bought a couple since I was heading out to shoot, just that they are still coming in.

As for "cheap ammo news," Wal*Mart in Washington had Tula FMJ for $5/box. seems to be their going rate on cheap 7.62x39.

Great site, btw. Really does show competitive pricing. Thanks

http://ammoseek.com/

+1 I have been using gun-deals.com to research ammo prices, nice to have another one to add to the list. I'll check both now, it looks like ammoseek.com had more listings but still misses some that gun-deals.com has. For instance, the cheapest 7.62x39 at ammoseek.com is .18 per round and gun-deals.com has 5 deals cheaper than that.

I bought several cases of Yugo M67 last year when it was so cheap for the 1120 on stripper clips for my SKS. My SKS would put that round in a quarter-sized circle at 100 yds, and a 2" circle at 200 yards(as far as I pushed it with irons). I haven't shot it out of my Saiga yet, as Tula has yielded good plinking results so far. Eventually I will, but for now it's still sealed and in storage, and all my GNG(Grab-N-Go) mags are loaded with it.

Wolf is now WPA(Wolf Performance Ammo) after they had a bad run last year that turned many shooters off to it. I had a 500 round case, 2009 dated, and had about 30 duds(no powder) in the case. It cost them mucho business.

Tulammo is a good ammo for plinking or storage. Ever since the Wolf fiasco, I randomly pull 20 rounds from every case and pull the bullets. On the Tula, the powder charges were all consistent.

I bought several cases of Yugo M67 last year when it was so cheap for the 1120 on stripper clips for my SKS. My SKS would put that round in a quarter-sized circle at 100 yds, and a 2" circle at 200 yards(as far as I pushed it with irons). I haven't shot it out of my Saiga yet, as Tula has yielded good plinking results so far. Eventually I will, but for now it's still sealed and in storage, and all my GNG(Grab-N-Go) mags are loaded with it.

Wolf is now WPA(Wolf Performance Ammo) after they had a bad run last year that turned many shooters off to it. I had a 500 round case, 2009 dated, and had about 30 duds(no powder) in the case. It cost them mucho business.

Tulammo is a good ammo for plinking or storage. Ever since the Wolf fiasco, I randomly pull 20 rounds from every case and pull the bullets. On the Tula, the powder charges were all consistent.

I agree, the tula is good stuff. I have shot well over 1500rds without a single misfire/ malfunction. The price is right for 5bucks a box at walfart. Its plenty accurate for casual trips to the range, keeping less than 3in groups at 100 with my irons. I think it could do better if I was better.

I thought this was worth mentioning to resurrect this thread.

Cabelas has Herters for $3.79/bx, both FMJ & HP.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Herters-762x39-Rifle-Ammunition/755646.uts

Use WTHANKS for free shipping over $100

I got 540 rds for $102 shipped

What kind of accuracy have you all got with the Herters?

Isn't it a repackaged russian ammo? Which one? I can't remember

Edited by dust feeder
I thought this was worth mentioning to resurrect this thread.

Cabelas has Herters for $3.79/bx, both FMJ & HP.

http://www.cabelas.c...tion/755646.uts

Use WTHANKS for free shipping over $100

I got 540 rds for $102 shipped

What kind of accuracy have you all got with the Herters?

Isn't it a repackaged russian ammo? Which one? I can't remember

Herters is either Tula or Uly depending on the caliber. I was just looking at this stuff yesterday. The 9x19 was headstamped "Tulammo" and the 7.62x39 was Uly.