The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

Uly on sale at $3.59 a box at cheaperthandirt. Picked up 1000.

Uly is basically Wolf, right?

Basically, yes. ;)

No. Wolf is made at Tula, Uly is made at Ulyanovsk. Uly>Wolf.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Ah shit, that's what I was thinking! I figured it was Tula, but for some reason I went with Uly. But yeah, Uly is different. However, the Tula (which I don't see anymore) and Wolf are the same.

• Like 1

Basically, yes. ;)

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Ah shit, that's what I was thinking! I figured it was Tula, but for some reason I went with Uly. But yeah, Uly is different. However, the Tula (which I don't see anymore) and Wolf are the same.

+1 you still rock! :super:

• Like 1

Basically, yes. ;)

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

+1 you still rock! :super:

We all make mistakes :lolol:

• Like 1

Just got offline with CTD to order 500 rounds of 7.62x39 Brown Bear FMJ. Good price, and since shipping anyway, ordered a holster for my wife, and 100 rounds of Lawman 9mm, for practice. Thanks for the heads up on the price drop - I feel free to bang away again!

• Like 1

Please note Copes has $8 shipping on 500 rounds of Golden Tiger for $99.. total $108 shipped.

While NOT cheap at $0.216/round.. its not bad for small orderer's... like me.

I did not want to share, but I cannot buy any ammo at the moment as I am still saving for the wheels..

Al

• Like 1

The beauty of the 7.62x39 Saiga is that "It will eat anything you feed it." It is not a picky weapon. I prefer Brown or Silver Bear, as it has givens better groups for me than Wolf or Golden Tiger. I haven't tried Uly or Tula. If I wasn't saving for the Saiga, I'd get some ammo. My buddy the dealer said the prices will continue to drop for awhile, though.

BTW, Centerfire systems has Yugo M67 brass cased corrosive for $199/1,000 DELIVERED! Never tried it in a Siaga, but it was great in a WASR.

Edited by imarangemaster
  • Like 1

Golden Tiger is my Favorite plinking ammo, and that's the cheapest I have seen it,..

THANKS!

Please note Copes has $8 shipping on 500 rounds of Golden Tiger for $99.. total $108 shipped.

I did not want to share, but I cannot buy any ammo at the moment as I am still saving for the wheels..

Al

• Like 1

Golden Tiger is my Favorite plinking ammo, and that's the cheapest I have seen it,..

THANKS!

Al

GG, I'd recommend checking out Widener's prices on the GT. I recently bought some from them and I paid ~20.3 cents/rnd including shipping. Granted, it was not a "small order", (bought 3k rnds), but it wasn't that large either.

• Like 1

Found a spam can at Ammunition to go

Brown bear, 700 rounds for .20 a round!

Shipping was kinda high,... but since copes is out of Golden Tiger now,... jeesh that was fast

I'll check Widneres too,..

Just did,..All they had in Golden Tiger was .223,.. bummer

Edited by Gas Giant
  • Like 1

sportsman's guide just emailed an Internet offer on wolf not bad for the 7.62. the offer is better for the wolf .223 $207.00 per thousand i think. I have found that ammoman usually is the best deal shipped.

Edited by leadslinger
  • Like 1

A bit late to the game...

On the Silver Bear...if you can get it at a decent price, grab it. Especially in .223 - stuff runs through my Saiga and AR's like a dream.

As for the 7.62x39 - GT, the bears and PRVI are my favorites...if not always the most available or cheapest. I shop almost exclusively at AIM - never heard of GTI? Got a url?

Edited by Verlore Boer
  • Like 1
Local Walmart has the Uly 122 grn Fmj for $5 a box. He said most walmarts will have it. It is the same as SPortsman's guide is selling for $3.69 a box + shipping.
My Wally World has Remington for $24/box. :(

That is some of the most overpriced slop I've ever seen and even used. FTS.

Wish my Wallyworld had 762x39 ammo.. but they don't..

Wallyworld will never have what you want, just more of what you don't. :lolol:

• Like 1

Hearing the rumors of 7.62 at Wal-mart, I stopped in to check. I picked up Uly priced at $4.97 a box. This was great for me for my small purchase needs.

They probably had at least 50 boxes on the shelf. They also had boxes marked "Tula" in 9mm, .40, .45, and .223, but no 7.62 in the "Tula" boxes.

This is the first time I've ever seen Russian ammo at my Walmart.

Edit: I'm in northern Indiana.

Edited by jbrubaker
  • Like 1

I just confirmed jbrubaker's data holds true here in South Tampa. Agreed, the cost per round is too high, but it's great for small purchases or, "Hey, buy you a box of ammo if I can shoot it?"

Picked up some of the .40S&W to try out. Already tried and didn't like the white box Uly in 7.62.

• Like 1