The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

You all see this? $199.99 with free shipping.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AM762100.aspx

Think this is the Uly others are selling?

Looks like Uly. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see "free shipping" anywhere. Also, the fine print at the bottom of the page says their prices reflect a 3% cash savings thats not available with credit cards or debit card orders.

Edit: NOW I see the "free shipping"

Edited by Parkerson

http://www.aimsurplu...x?item=A76239YS

1,120rd case (28 boxes): $182.00ea

Beautiful Surplus Yugoslavian 7.62x39 ammunition. This is the best shooting 7.62x39 ammunition available. Features a 123grn lead core copper jacketed bullet, brass case, and berdan corrosive primer. Packed 10rds on a steel charger (stripper clip), 40rds (4 SKS chargers) in a box , and 1,120rds (28 boxes and 112 chargers) sealed in metal tin inside of a hinged latched wooden case. At these prices... while supplies last!

I just bought two more 1120 rnd Cases - $421.44 Shipped, $0.19 per rnd.

Four cases, that should surely last me the rest of the year :unsure:

Beautiful Surplus Yugoslavian 7.62x39 ammunition. This is the best shooting 7.62x39 ammunition available. Features a 123grn lead core copper jacketed bullet, brass case, and berdan corrosive primer. Packed 10rds on a steel charger (stripper clip), 40rds (4 SKS chargers) in a box , and 1,120rds (28 boxes and 112 chargers) sealed in metal tin inside of a hinged latched wooden case. At these prices... while supplies last!

I don't know 9 months left in the year? Might be tight :ph34r:

I don't know 9 months left in the year? Might be tight :ph34r:

Yeah, it might be tight.

Just got back from the range, primarily went to sight in my new TechSights on my Marlin 60.

Somehow, not sure how, I lost 180 rnds of x39, 28 rnds of .308win and 250 Federal bulk #7.5 & 10 slugs of 12g, while I was there. :rolleyes:

180rnds per trip X 2 range trips per month = 360 X 9 =3240rnds, yeah it might be tight if I get range/trigger happy.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Nice, how do the techsights run on the Marlin 60?

I'll post a pic in a few of my final target, but, pretty danged nice.

My Marlin really likes CCI MiniMag 36 grn HP.

14rnds at approx 1MOA at 25 meters, with a couple of flyers due to my poor skillz.

I should manage to acquire my Appleseed Rifleman Patch at the next shoot.

Not particularly cheap, but handy, my local Walmart has Uly for $4.95 per box, comes out to just under $.25 per round.

Edit: They also have Tula 223 for the same price

Edited by mav
  • Like 1

$0.15 PER ROUND!

PALLET PICK UP PRICE (15 cents per round)

CASE PICK UP PRICE (17 cents per round)

7.62x39 123 GRAIN - FULL COPPER JACKET

LEAD CORE - BRASS CASE - CORROSIVE

MADE IN YUGOSLAVIA

ON REUSABLE STRIPPER CLIPS

MFG. FROM 1970-1989

Brass cases that feed and function 100% of the time. Many rifle receivers not only prefer, but require the use of brass cases. The jackets of the bullet are full copper, lead core and NON magnetic.Softer on the rifle and required by many ranges, especially California that will not allow any steel in the bullet.

The ammo is also on strippers clips so it's a free bonus of the (112) reusable strippers. That's probably a $50 value if you bought them separately. The ammo comes in sealed crates and cans which keeps it looking and functioning like brand new.

Not to mention storage.Air and water tight, which means it probably has another 50 to 60 years of 100% surefire life on this ammo.You are talking true military ammo that you will probably only dream of owning some day. Much less at this price!

The only very minor downside to this ammo, is that it is corrosive like most all of the surplus ammo out there and on the market. This just means to clean your gun within a few days like you would and should anyway.

THIS AMMO COMES IN SEALED AIR AND WATER TIGHT SARDINE CANS

40rds in one box (4 clips with 10rds)

28 boxes in wooden crate (1,120rds) with Metal Hinges and Latches.

ammoman.com

Just got this in an e-mail from J&G Sales:

"GET THIS WHILE PRICES ARE STILL LOW - YUGO 7.62x39 BRASS CASE AMMO !!

Unfortunately the price on this great ammo will be going up soon. Now is your opportunity to get brass cased ammo while it is still priced under 17 cents per round! (That would be $209.79 for a case of 1260!) In a few days it will be higher. This is 7.62x39 Yugoslavian military surplus ammo, mostly 70s and 80s production, and is recognized as a reliable and accurate round. It has a 124 grain FMJ bullet with a copper jacketed non-magnetic bullet, and a nice shiny brass case. It is berdan primed and is corrosive. Be sure to pick some up for your stash while the price is still low."

Widener's has this on their front page now:

"NOTICE:

Large price increases for all ammunition and components are coming in April and May 2011. Record high costs of primary metals such as lead and copper are cited as part of the reason."

I ordered 1000 rds of Golden Tiger and another 1000 of Wolf MC HPs from them last week. It cost me $465 after a shipping, but this good stuff (non-corrosive primer, with 124 gr Sapsan fragmenters and tumbling boat-tail bullets) is getting to be hard to find, especially for a decent price.

• 3 weeks later...

My local Walmart has been out of Uly for a while and did not get anymore. I was in Academy today and they have Monarch at $4.99 and plenty of it. CTD has marked Uly up from a low of 3.59 to 5.19, it's all going to go up now, inflation. I scored 500rds of Bear HP from Military Shooters for $97.

"NOTICE:

Large price increases for all ammunition and components are coming in April and May 2011. Record high costs of primary metals such as lead and copper are cited as part of the reason."

How does this correlate to surplus ammo?

"NOTICE:

How does this correlate to surplus ammo?

I don't know why it would correlate, but I've noticed that J&G Sales raised the price of 1260rnds Yugo from $199 (if you buy more than one) in the fall to $209 (no matter how many you buy).

They then stated last month that the price would be increasing... and it's now $219. Price is up $20 from 6 months ago.

Edited by Rumpletzer
  • 6 months later...

I thought this was worth mentioning to resurrect this thread.

Cabelas has Herters for $3.79/bx, both FMJ & HP.

http://www.cabelas.c...tion/755646.uts

Use WTHANKS for free shipping over $100

I got 540 rds for $102 shipped

Outstanding, Thanks for sharing.