Tac-Light and other accessories

Hi all,

I am brand new to this forum, so thank you in advance for helping a newbie. I just ordered a Saiga 12 02 Conversion from Alliance Armament. I would like to also get a sling such as the MagPul MS2 Sling w/ their ASAP Sling Mount. I believe that these are more commonly used on AR-15s, but I was wondering whether anyone could tell me if it would work on a Saiga. I also am looking for a good tac-light to mount on the quad rails or barrel and would appreciate it very much if you all could make recommendations for that, as well as a red dot or holographic sight, such as an Eotech. Thanks again! I am looking forward to hearing your comments.

Regards,

Steve

Hi all,

I am brand new to this forum, so thank you in advance for helping a newbie. I just ordered a Saiga 12 02 Conversion from Alliance Armament. I would like to also get a sling such as the MagPul MS2 Sling w/ their ASAP Sling Mount. I believe that these are more commonly used on AR-15s, but I was wondering whether anyone could tell me if it would work on a Saiga. I also am looking for a good tac-light to mount on the quad rails or barrel and would appreciate it very much if you all could make recommendations for that, as well as a red dot or holographic sight, such as an Eotech. Thanks again! I am looking forward to hearing your comments.

Regards,

Steve

I have a TLR-1 on my saiga and I love it. great light for a reasonable cost and it's not bulky. really like the way it locks in place with a spring and screw tension. even if the screw clamping it down came loose the spring keeps it held in place.

Edited by Rusty truck

I have the UTG 200 lumen on my Mossberg 500.

I have the Pelican 2360 on my AR.

I have an Insight Technologies M4 on my S&W Sigma

I trust the two L.E.D.s but the Xenon bulb I'm not so sure about...

Everybody will say Surefire, but you can get a good quality light for less money...

i am new to the community also. i got my saiga and converted it myself. that utg has not failed me with close to 1000 rounds through it. i studied this board and must say that these guys know their stuff.

UTG has a bad reputation for producing cheap Chinese products because, well, they do. However, like you, I haven't had any problems with my UTG 200 lumen light after many many rounds of 12 gauge magnum through the pump action 500. I trust it. My wife trusts her UTG tac light on her .40 S&W Sigma, I'm not too sure about it but hey, it has never failed.

I'd just like to say that I am so surprised that there aren't a bunch of nutswingers in here spouting off about Surefire lights. I mean, Surefire is nice, but I think they are too expensive and kind of overrated. Personally though, I choose Pelican and Insight Technologies but UTG has really impressed me.

PaseMkr, here are a few photos of my UTG light set up on my newest Saiga. I went with a VLtor Scout mount even though the UTG light was supplied with a decent mount. The VLtor mount uses one wingnut to secure both the light and grab the rail. I like the option of quick removal and replacement without tools. I also went with the Ergo Pressure Switch mount for $12.95. The Leapers UTG light and the Ergo Pressure Switch mount I picked up at Carolina Shooters Supply.

Click on photos to enlarge:

post-24066-12733720881476_thumb.jpgpost-24066-12733777215421_thumb.jpg

Edited by FRC64

Here is a photo of the shotgun. I'm having problems posting photos. I'm only able to post one at a time. Anyway, This is a Jersey gun(no conversion) and I keep this at home and for trips to our local public range.

Click on photo to enlarge:

post-24066-12733725397636_thumb.jpg

Edited by FRC64