Anyone heard from Mike Davidson ?

I'd imagine with the order volume he said he had (4000+ drums if I remember correctly). He is likely very busy. If he is diligent like it appears he is everything is double checked before assembling.

I heard he took all the preorder money 4000 x 50 = 200,000! bought a russian love slave and is living out of the rest of his days on a yacht the size of delaware in the pacific somewhere. I had one drum on preorder so I hope you appreciate my $50 mike, you jerk!

$200k does not get you much of a yacht... maybe an old bulk container from the 50's...

I know Mike and co are busy getting things together for us, but a little 'Hi guys, almost there', 'Still trying to get a few things in-hand', or some little update like that would make many of us refrain from the other negative inquiry and canceling orders. I hope things happen soon as I am staring at a freshly reworked brand new S12 that awaits parts that are in the same orders as my drums. I keep telling myself that every day I wait is a day closer to 'Toy Time'! Come on Mike.... we're pulling for ya.

I know Mike and co are busy getting things together for us, but a little 'Hi guys, almost there', 'Still trying to get a few things in-hand', or some little update like that would make many of us refrain from the other negative inquiry and canceling orders. I hope things happen soon as I am staring at a freshly reworked brand new S12 that awaits parts that are in the same orders as my drums. I keep telling myself that every day I wait is a day closer to 'Toy Time'! Come on Mike.... we're pulling for ya.

I realize your intentions are for the best, but your membership date is after the first round of Mike's drums and maybe you don't realize that similar comments started a giant shit storm where impatient people actually were making wild accusations and wanting constant 'updates', etc. I know you mean well, but by now we can take MD at his word and the job will get done. Patience please. We and many others are waiting.

Have you guys not been getting the emails that he's been sending out? I've gotten a few. That's good enough update for me. Obviously, this forum is a big supporter of Mike's efforts, but his business doesn't revolve around his membership here.

I'm aware of the past published set back . No I have not gotten any recent emails ( within a month ) . But that would be welcome especially when the stated due date comes and gos . Just good business practice . And as I have not gotten the emails , what's the new expected shipping date Elvis ?

Edited by ARCHANGEL

I don't know what an expected shipping date would be, first it was mid-april, then late april. I will say that over on theakforum.net Craig@MDArms posted that the preorder $100 drum deal was ending, and that was about 2 weeks ago, I think. Deductive reasoning leads me to believe that since the preorder is over, they probably have the drums, and are in the process of assembling and packing them. How long it takes to assemble and package 4000 something drums, I don't know.

I understand your concern, and I knew things like this would happen when they offered another preorder. I figured that since the drum has already been developed the turnaround time would be relatively quick, which I think it will. Shit, I waited over a year for a drum, and that was when they were selling for about twice as much as this preorder, so I've got no issue waiting for a couple of months. I'll just use the one I already have. :smoke:

An email dated on the 24th of April 2010 stated that they were going to start shipping in "about two weeks".

The email contained information on:

• Canceling your order
  • Delay charging your balance
  • Combining shipping charges
  • Changing your order
  • Changing your address
  • Changing your payment type (credit card update)

I won't post the full email without permission from an admin.

Per other updates, I placed my order on the 10th of February, I have received three email updates: 9th of March, 4th of April, 24th of April. If you haven't received the updates, there's probably an issue with your email provider, check your spam folder. In my experience pre-orders for firearm related items usually go longer than expected, if you absolutely needed your drum, you probably should have ordered one from him on GunBroker, I have a feeling that you're just being impatient. As Elvis said, he waited over a year for a drum, I waited nearly that long for my first one, also.

Edited by vbrtrmn

Folks has anyone heard from Mike ? Checking his status , it looks like he's not been online for about a month .

I wouldnt be surprized if all you guys lose your money. I cancelled an order 2 weeks ago and money has yet to be put back into my account. I ordered promags 20 round drums monday from mississippi auto arms , got them in 3 days and they work and fit excellent. Larry If you try one spray inside 1 time with silicone to help on the break in. Will feed perfect.

No one is running off with anyone's money, in respect to a drum. This is typical shit that historically goes on with a preorder, there is always a loudmouth shit flinger who feels the need to come in here and make wild accusations. I can remember during the first order, there were a bunch of you guys claiming that Mike was laying on a beach in an undisclosed location, sipping a mixed drink, getting a rim job from a Polynesian whore.

No one is running off with anyone's money, in respect to a drum. This is typical shit that historically goes on with a preorder, there is always a loudmouth shit flinger who feels the need to come in here and make wild accusations. I can remember during the first order, there were a bunch of you guys claiming that Mike was laying on a beach in an undisclosed location, sipping a mixed drink, getting a rim job from a Polynesian whore.

MMMMMMMM Polynesian whore's....good times

I realize your intentions are for the best, but your membership date is after the first round of Mike's drums and maybe you don't realize that similar comments started a giant shit storm where impatient people actually were making wild accusations and wanting constant 'updates', etc. I know you mean well, but by now we can take MD at his word and the job will get done. Patience please. We and many others are waiting.

I heard about the 'poo fest' about the first round of pre-order, but it must have been a bigger deal than I realized. I'm confident that he will get them moving as fast as possible. I was just referring to a few posts that I thought were really negative and speculative about what might be going on (which I disagree with). I'm sure you have seen them too. From what I am reading, some guys just aren't very trusting and get skeptical after time has passed with no comms. I think Mike has too much good going for his company right now to screw anyone over and I haven't heard anything bad about him yet. Well.... a couple times with those lame ass AA videos, lol, but that is it. No harm intended.

I'd imagine he's busting his ass to get shit done like he has already proven he does.

Mike values his rep and he has validated it plenty in my book. Thats why I took the pre-order AGAIN.

Got another update this morning, patience pays off, if you want to get in on the pre-order, you're running out of time.

We wanted to let everyone know we have started to ship drums again. We have thousands of orders to ship and it will take a few weeks to assemble drums and get them all shipped. We are going to keep the preorder going until we have caught up back orders and can ship new orders at the time they are placed.
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt be surprized if all you guys lose your money. I cancelled an order 2 weeks ago and money has yet to be put back into my account. I ordered promags 20 round drums monday from mississippi auto arms , got them in 3 days and they work and fit excellent. Larry If you try one spray inside 1 time with silicone to help on the break in. Will feed perfect.

Your a jackass! And I call BS on your lack of refund claim and would be glad to prove it if you could provide some info on your order number. If you had waited you could have received a real quality drum for basically the same price... Stronger, tougher, 6 ozs lighter, feeds stronger, less drag,..., ..., ... Not some poorly copied jock.

And thanks everyone else for the support and patience. The drum you receive will be our best version yet. Better, stronger, lighter material (not that strength and durability have ever been an issue, lol!). The material also has a richer apperance and doesn't take rub marks as easy.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From another forum here....has been on a trip....just got back....will start addressing the issue...

I hope he post pictures..... ;)

I was gone to Will's birthday party. Left Friday morning and came back Sunday... You have been crying way before my trip. And I'm sure someone will be posting plenty of pics and videos of the trip very soon. Why dont you send me your order number and I will take care of you right now? Anymore of this shit from you and I'll be finding and canceling it myself. And you can get a junk ass promag drum! :smoke:

I was gone to Will's birthday party. Left Friday morning and came back Sunday... You have been crying way before my trip. And I'm sure someone will be posting plenty of pics and videos of the trip very soon. Why dont you send me your order number and I will take care of you right now? Anymore of this shit from you and I'll be finding and canceling it myself. And you can get a junk ass promag drum! :smoke:

It is totally unacceptable for you to go on vacation or take any weekend off, while you hold our money hostage .. HA!! .. Just fucking with you, hope you had a good trip!