What other calibur Rifle would you like Saiga

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to see 7.62x25 Nice and cheep, just like the 5.45

10g would be bad ass, but I'm going to have to go with 7.62x54.

7.62x54R   They actually make that already, but it is not imported here.

In the last year or so we have seen 5.45s and .22lr Saigas have just been announced.

What other would you like to see??

9mm?45? god help us 10MM!?!?! .....my pick?? 10 GUAGE!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

7.62x54R

They actually make that already, but it is not imported here. :cryss:

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • Like 2

In the last year or so we have seen 5.45s and .22lr Saigas have just been announced.

What other would you like to see??

9mm?45? god help us 10MM!?!?! .....my pick?? 10 GUAGE!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

7.62x54R

They actually make that already, but it is not imported here. :cryss:

I remember that now. I wonder why they don't import them. They would get bought.

x25 and x54 would be my top choices. WSSM calibers would be cool too, but would be a dismal failure. A 6.5 swedish would be fucking outstanding, but that's mainly a popular cartridge in Europe right? Does Russia use it for sporting purposes?

Shane

Edited by Shaneman153D
  • Like 1

x25 and x54 would be my top choices. WSSM calibers would be cool too, but would be a dismal failure. A 6.5 swiss would be fucking outstanding, but that's mainly a popular cartridge in Europe right? Does Russia use it for sporting purposes?

Shane

I think that's where it's the most popular. It has very good ballistics on account of the bullets it uses. It can be used for big game on account of it's penetration qualities and it has very little recoil.

45-70 :super:

I'm really wanting a 45-70 in an AK format, but I suspect I'll have to make it..... plus the mags (since the 45-70 rounds are too fat for the 410 mags). Sigh.....someday

Yeah, a 7.62 x 25 would be cool too.

What about a non "assault rifle" caliber that doesn't raise too many eyebrows if you buy a lot of ammo? 30-30 for instance.

• Like 1

54R hands down, cheap ammo and virtually the same ballistics as the 30-06. Anything to give us an alternative to the inconsistent PSLs out there.

Yep. I'm kind of afraid to get a PSL, thinking it might be a lemon. Also, a Saiga would probably not have a pencil thin barrel.

• Like 1

20mm Lahti

Go big or go home eh?

I would like to see the 30-06 personally. I would of bought one when they were in the country except for that pesky college thing sucking up almost all my money

I'd like to see a straight-blowback AK with a quick-change barrel in 9x19/7.62x25. Hell, maybe make barrels in 9x18 and 9x17 too, why not?

Importing 7.62x54R models would be fantastic, especially if hi-cap magazines could be produced, and a regular Saiga in .30-06 wouldn't be amiss, especially if it could be convinced to accept BAR magazines.

7.5x55 Swiss is an interesting idea, but I don't really see the point. The cartridge is great, hell GP11 is basically match grade, seems like putting it into an AK platform would be silly. I love my K31s, but I'd burn too much ammo with an autoloader.

As long as pistol-caliber cartridges are on the table, why not .45? A .45-cal AK SBR with a can would be ridiculous fun...

Realistically, I think it's safe to hope for the .22LR model to maybe eventually make it over here, and if we're lucky they'll be kind enough to provide us with .30-06 rifles that aren't covered in plastic and ship with a single little tiny magazine. If we're really extremely fortunate and the Russians are feeling generous, we might eventually see them part with a few x54R rifles... Hopefully.

• Like 1

A 6.5mm necked up version of the 5.45x39 would be nice. Also a 450 Marlin. Ill second the 30-30 also. How about a 35 Remington version that can be set up for subsonics and a suppressor? A 300 grain 35 cal bullet at 1050 fps would work well.

• 4 weeks later...

7,62x54r..then my MN 91/30 would have a friend.. :wub: to share range stories with..

Be f'd up if they swap the 5.45x39 out, and start sending in the x54r's.. probably use the 308 mags with mods/adjustment for the 54r.

If they make it over there already and read this thread maybe RAA can call over there and make the 54r happen... :super:

That would be great.. IMHO..

• Like 1