What other calibur Rifle would you like Saiga

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to see 7.62x25 Nice and cheep, just like the 5.45

10g would be bad ass, but I'm going to have to go with 7.62x54.

7.62x54R   They actually make that already, but it is not imported here.

I think I would like to change mine to 22lr....if that's allowed or possible. The Saiga already has almost everything going for it. Medium's, .223, 5.45x29 & 7.62x39, long range with the .308 and almost everything under that with the 12.

I just want Saiga to build me a Bizon. I don't really care about any other calibers or rifles... If I buy another gun, it's going to be a helical drum gun, and that means a Calico or a Bizon.

Actually, I have a Calico 9mm on gunbroker right now (a low serial # and round count one, even)

I've got a Calico M-951 tactical I bought in '94 that I thought would be a good base for a bullpup, but haven't done anything with it.

Back to the topic of the thread though....... I'm still wanting a 45-70. Maybe if I can convince my machinist buddy to make a mag that'll fit it, I can have my 410 converted. Sigh.

Still thinking a 30-30 would be a decent 100 yard gun that would be able to get ammo here in MI if the politiucal climate shifts more to the left and "military" ammo becomes harder to get.

• 3 months later...

7.62x45. I know, I know, it's a dead caliber only ever used by the Czechs, but I'm trying to add to my collection of 7.62 calibers and I'm missing that one.

7.62x38. It's a crazy pistol caliber, but it would be awesome. I could complain that I'm missing a millimeter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Factory 9x19 AK exists, but its on the AK74SU platform, its called a Vityaz, if they made a "camp carbine" version I'm sure someone could import it.

There's also 9x39, AK9... could also make it in sporter version. not sure how close that would be to any of the .35 cal rifles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6.5x39 necked down from 7.62, and loaded equivalent to the Grendel round. Fits in all existing mags and drums. The 6.5 Grendel can be made from 7.62x39 brass anyway, lets just leave the case taper.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In the last year or so we have seen 5.45s and .22lr Saigas have just been announced.

What other would you like to see??

9mm?45? god help us 10MM!?!?! .....my pick?? 10 GUAGE!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

hell yea, 10 gauge would be fun. so would .458 weatherby mag... or maybe .50 bmg!!!

I have Saigas 7.62X39,308,30-06 and PSL 7.62X54R(ak on steroids),I hunted with all of them and harvested wild pigs and deer, never had a problem,great rounds. I will say again its not the round its the guy/girl :rolleyes: behind the trigger.

I would love to have one in 6.5X55 though :super: