What other calibur Rifle would you like Saiga

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to see 7.62x25 Nice and cheep, just like the 5.45

10g would be bad ass, but I'm going to have to go with 7.62x54.

7.62x54R   They actually make that already, but it is not imported here.

• 4 months later...

.50 BMG :lolol:

But in all seriousness I still want a Saiga in 7.62x54 SOOO bad!

why not get one in .308?

Because I personally like the round better, not to mention the price can be better.

why not get one in .308?

Because I personally like the round better, not to mention the price can be better.

yea thats true, i wasnt thinking about the price differences.

damn 308 rounds hurt my wallet more than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

In the last year or so we have seen 5.45s and .22lr Saigas have just been announced.

What other would you like to see??

9mm?45? god help us 10MM!?!?! .....my pick?? 10 GUAGE!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

7.62x54R

They actually make that already, but it is not imported here. :cryss:

Then this should be imported. I'd have ammo compatibility with the old Mosin. ;)

why not get one in .308?

Agreed. I had an Armalite AR-10. She was a beauty but had expensive tastes.

I vote: x54R, x25, and 9x19. Definitely Bizon style on the 9 mm!!!!!!! I've been thinking of trying to build a copy using a Calico mag as the starting point. One of these days. I already built two x25's. One gas op and one blowback, but it would be nice to have one straight "From Russia with Love".

While not a Saiga, Centerfire Systems is selling the x54R VEPR for $1150.00. Definitely badass.

Would also love to see a highly accurized version in .338 Lapua Magnum. It would require a beefy front trunnion to handle the chamber pressure, as well as massive lugs.

• 3 weeks later...

why not get one in .308?

Agreed. I had an Armalite AR-10. She was a beauty but had expensive tastes.

yea, i can see that. 308 is alot of fun to shoot, but it adds up real quick. sometimes when i go to the range il only bring my 22 with me so i dont use up my more expensive rounds.

7.62x54 and 22LR please and thank you..... and if they could muster the x54 to be as close to a mix between the romanian PSL and RPK as possible, that would WTFPWN

new poly Drag style stocks, RPK reciever, reinforced trunions, heavy barrel, 1.6 mil recievers... well.... umm.... ok so... send us a Vepr in X54 with the 24 inch barrel and the Drag style sporting stocks....pure win

never understood why the romanians made the damn PSLs on AK actions and not RPK actions... would have negated the need for the double rivited reinforceing plates... oh hell, lets just make it easy and send us Romanian RPKs in x54, hell we can mod em back to perfect ourselves

Edited by datrowl

Since I have a couple MNs and a lot of 54r, I would choose the mighty 54r. I would like maybe a thicker 20-22" barrel, adjustable gas system, at least a 10-15 round magazine. I love the 54r for some reason. Of course a small little .22lr plinker is always fun.

• Like 1

While it prolly wont be cheap there is a guy doing tests on a Krebs 6.5Grandel AK. So far, from the pics, with quality ammo, just over 2moa @ 467yards!

The pics don't show the rifle too well nor does it give specific details about the rifle. For that you have to contact Krebs.

If it becomes more or less mass produced I might seriously consider picking one up

ETA

Theakforum under practical kalashnikov

Edited by Arik
  • 1 month later...

45-70 :super:

I'm really wanting a 45-70 in an AK format, but I suspect I'll have to make it..... plus the mags (since the 45-70 rounds are too fat for the 410 mags). Sigh.....someday

Yeah, a 7.62 x 25 would be cool too.

What about a non "assault rifle" caliber that doesn't raise too many eyebrows if you buy a lot of ammo? 30-30 for instance.

Doesn't the 30-30 and the 7.62x39 have about the same power ballistically?