What did your Saiga 12 replace?

For me, it was the Benelli M3. I got a great deal on an M3 back in 2006 and for the longest time it was my favorite shotgun to take to the range. About April of 08 that changed (for good) when I got my E-Tac converted Saiga 12. Sure the Benelli ran fine and handled well, but it just seemed so clunky and low-tech compared to the S-12. And eight rounds? Weak.

So what did your S=12 replace or, at the very least, displace?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it replaced this guys, WOW!!!!!!!

Nothing, I don't usually get rid of firearms for shits and giggles. Only if in a trade. I'd rather grow my arsenal than downsize it.

Posted Images

It replaced an empty spot in my gun cabinet. Wait...that spot had a Remington Model 740 30-06 in it,

also known as the "Shittiest Remington Ever Made."

Aforementioned POS now leans on the wall NEXT to the gun cabinet.

Well.... for me it's more like 'what did it leave behind'. My favorite AR was my 'goto' weapon until I got my first S12 running well. Now that I have added two more S12s and a SLR-107UR.... I need a safe stretcher, lol.

It replaced my SPAS 12 that I sold off a few years ago before I knew the wife was cool about guns. stupid me...I should have just left it in the safe.

I had SPAS-12 too, but looking back, it doesn't compare to the S12. I still have a SAS-12 that I have never fired. Beautiful weapon, but I just don't see the point in keeping it when I have 3 S12s. I may hold on to it, but it would be nice to free up a little space in the safe.....

post-22401-12736653053068_thumb.jpg

It replaced my gsg-5 (shitty weapon), I made a exchange with a guy.

Haha I had a gsg-5 for a while. I could never get the damn thing to run right. No matter how clean/dirty or dry/oiled it would fuckin jam after 2 or 3 rounds. The thought of that thing gets me heated... sold it for 300 bucks and told the mall ninja it ran great.

I'd bought numerous 12 ga pump guns, and sold them all. I even made my own compensating stock, to absord recoil. Tired of getting the crap beat outta me by the manly, manly 12 ga, I sold them all.

I looked at the Rem 1100, and Mossberg 930, cuz I wanted semi - the pump action seems highly inefficient and ragged for a home defense gun.

Then I found this Saiga 20 for $300 - like new. Really like it so far.

IMO, a 20 is all I'll ever need for home defense.

Planning to convert the pistol grip, and possibly SBS it.

Edited by garandman

I've always been a pistol marksman.

I have a WWI British Enfield sniper riffle converted to 30.06, & have previously owned multiple 7.62 X 39s, but the only reason I bought my S-12 is that last independence day, I couldn't find any 9mm to go shooting with due to the ammo shortage.... Yet there was a TON of 12 gauge ammo on the shelves.

A friend had a Remington 1187 police that I shot in the past & I remembered how awesome that was, but he broke it trying to fire it with too many rounds loaded (he ain't too bright).

Then, low & behold, I walked into my favorite gun shop & there was an AK.... Chambered in 12 gauge!

I was stoked. I only bought it because it's the only thing that I could find ammo for though.

Now that the ammo shortage has ended & I got my S-12 running perfect, I'm back to my pistols more.

More practical for daily CCW.

Mine replaced the AWB. As soon as it was gone and I found out that 922r was all I had to go by I was hooked. One look at Shannon and Dinzag's first reconstructions years ago and I knew I had to have one (two, three,....)