What did your Saiga 12 replace?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it replaced this guys, WOW!!!!!!!

Nothing, I don't usually get rid of firearms for shits and giggles. Only if in a trade. I'd rather grow my arsenal than downsize it.

Posted Images

To be clear, I think I should say this: no other semi-auto "fighting" shotgun can keep my interest any more. I still see a role for my 1300s because they travel lighter than the Saiga 12, but the SPAS, Benelli M4, FN FLP, M1 Tacticals etc that I used to want have all failed the utility test. 10+ round capacity without a 26"+ barrel makes the Saiga impossible to beat, and the seven shot Benellis and Berettas just seem outdated to me.

That said, I don't see myself taking an S-12 into a duck blind. Maybe a Zombie blind.

Not a replacement for anything. It was the end point of a long search for a good 12GA semi with a detachable mag. Wanted one for years,found the S-12 and quit looking!

i always said that my benelli M1 super90 combat was the shotgun to have and would not be replaced by any other........well....i think now it may be for sale.dont get me wrong the M1 is an excellent weapon,has several screw-in chokes,4 shot extension(holds 8),great ghost ring sights.the thing is,how in the hell can you even compare:bam.bam.bam.bam.bam.bam.bam.bam...thunk...clik....clik....clik....clik....clik....clik....clik....ready

compared to:bambambambambambambambambambambambambambambambambambambambam..clik..ready

Before I learned about the Saiga, I never heard of a mag fed shotgun. After learning about and seeing it for the first time in Kommiefornia, I just had to have it. I bought it during the Obama scare. Although I paid a premium for it at the time, it didn't matter. I got a Saiga 12!

Since then, I've put more money into it to practically afford a new AR at today's prices. However, despite that, the S12 has more shock value at the range than any AR would. And some of those ARs, just the gun alone are more than everything I've put on my S12. Still a good value to me. Basically its a prized possession for me and it replaces nothing.

If I live in a free state I would love to get a Tromix shorty but until then all I can do is watch this forum and dream.

Not a replacement for anything. It was the end point of a long search for a good 12GA semi with a detachable mag. Wanted one for years,found the S-12 and quit looking!

Ditto.

I have been shopping for a shotgun that suited me for years.

Still need one in stainless to replace the metalurgical joke that was the win 1300 "Marine" police special. That thing pretty much disintegrated around salt water in only 30ish years of severe abuse. If any one ever makes a stainless S12, I am getting one for my dad's bristol bay boat in the first shipment.

Ditto.

Still need one in stainless to replace the metalurgical joke that was the win 1300 "Marine" police special. That thing pretty much disintegrated around salt water in only 30ish years of severe abuse. If any one ever makes a stainless S12, I am getting one for my dad's bristol bay boat in the first shipment.

Talk to Tom Cole at CGW...

He said he is just waiting on orders to do those last i knew...

I had a USAS12 for quite a few years up untill about 3 years ago and sold it to buy a motorcycle. Then I lost all my cool guns in my divorce from biggest bitch in the world. I was going through the web one day last Jan and saw these S12's and what guys were doing to them and had to have one. My new wife is the best and she said "Honey if you really want one go ahead and get it" I love that woman.And I love my Saiga12, the USAS was cool but it was real finnicky about the ammo used

Funny how the Streetsweeper, which was hailed as a major step forward (by some) looks like small fries compared to the Saiga. Trigger, capacity, weight, modularity...

Maybe FBI HRT's adoption of Tromix SBS's as breachers will get the rest of law enforcement to evaluate their 870s and Benellis.

I had a USAS12 for quite a few years up untill about 3 years ago and sold it to buy a motorcycle. Then I lost all my cool guns in my divorce from biggest bitch in the world. I was going through the web one day last Jan and saw these S12's and what guys were doing to them and had to have one. My new wife is the best and she said "Honey if you really want one go ahead and get it" I love that woman.And I love my Saiga12, the USAS was cool but it was real finnicky about the ammo used

For a couple of months about four years ago my Dad bought $20,000 worth of rifles off my great-uncle for $1.00 My great-uncle's wife was hinting around about the possibility that she filed for divorce so he sold all of his expensive guns except for the Taurii, Jennings', and Llamas.

I know it sounds like a lot but really he never sold a weapon in his entire life and we're talking about sixty years worth of collecting firearms so most of them acquired value while he had them.

My Saiga 7.62x39 that I just recently converted was my first gun, but the S12 I just ordered today is going to mean my Mossberg 500 is going to be used a little less often for sure. I can't hate on the Mossberg 500 combo 12ga though, its a great and reliable gun for the $280 Big 5 gives them away for. But my new S12 is going to be too much fun to go pump again for a while I'm sure :killer:

Edited by stix213

My S-20 replaced the Mossberg 590 I used to have in CT. Used the S-20 for a while until my brother got his S-12 and I converted it for him. Then I had to have my own S-12, took me a while but finally got one to go with my S-20. I take both when I go for Pheasant with friends. Otherwise, they are great at skeet, milk jugs, bowling pins, and other things that I like to demolish...

Everyone should have at least one or two of each. Saving now for another S-12 for the ACE stock that I can't seem to put on my S-12 with BRG3 wood on it.

nyclu3

AJ,

Nice 10. It exactly fits the description of the shotgun used in the short story "Harrison Bergeron."

Stix,

I've been sorely tempted by the 500 combos even though my declared preference is for Winchester 1300s. Next time they run the specials I will probably buy two: one to put away as a kit and one to sell the VR barrel to a friend of mine on the cheap. $500 for a pair of all-purpose shotguns is a heck of a deal. Then again, I could get another Saiga...

Ditto.

Talk to Tom Cole at CGW...

He said he is just waiting on orders to do those last i knew...

Thanks for the hint. My dad and I are cash poor at the moment (thanks in part to the 2 s 12's I have now.) I will definitely contact him. Were you talking real stainless, or a nickel plate job? Daily exposure to salt water and generally being kicked around presents a real Darwinian approach to guns. (so far S&W stainless police 12 guage pump is the best marine shotty I have seen.)

post-24737-12740756308712_thumb.jpg

why-yes-moon-day-demotivational-pos.jpg

lol, ya i know, jeans are cheap as hell at tj maxx. so if there a little big i still sport them. Saves money for ammo and guns

i usually tuck my 10 guage in at night and tell her how special she is. 10 guage 00 buck is pretty awesome. but the damn thing kicks so hard i always manage to sprain my finger when the trigger loop hits it from the recoil. but still... TOTALLY WORTH IT :super:

Thanks for the hint. My dad and I are cash poor at the moment (thanks in part to the 2 s 12's I have now.) I will definitely contact him. Were you talking real stainless, or a nickel plate job? Daily exposure to salt water and generally being kicked around presents a real Darwinian approach to guns. (so far S&W stainless police 12 guage pump is the best marine shotty I have seen.)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=53776

I believe its hard chrome plated.