What did your Saiga 12 replace?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it replaced this guys, WOW!!!!!!!

Nothing, I don't usually get rid of firearms for shits and giggles. Only if in a trade. I'd rather grow my arsenal than downsize it.

Posted Images

as the posts above said. This purchases replace the woman in my life. You might be shocked at first, but hear me out. I put a lot of thought into this choice and I have my reasons that I will list here for you.

1) It takes less room in the bed, hell, it does not complain if I don't let it even into the bed

2) It costs less to feed (even with the price of ammo)

3) It does not speak unless I tell it to

4) It is always ready when I am

5) It lets me dress it up any way I want

6) I can hide it from my mother without it complaining

really the list just goes on... I had no choice when I realized this

• Like 1

it supplemented the 1964 remington wingmaster my grandfather left for me when he died, i love it (the 870) so much i probably will never shoot it because i love shooting my s-12 way too much. it kinda makes me feel bad for the 870......it was all cool and retro awesome until the coolest shotgun man has ever invented comes along....... oh well enough feeling bad time to go shoot the s-12:devil:

• 1 month later...

Although still in my arsenal (not traded or sold) I have semi-retired an old Iver Johnson SingleShot Break-top 16 gauge, A Savage short-barrel 12 gauge pump shotgun, and my M1 Carbine. All of these were considered to be the main-stays of my defense perimeter in the past. I keep a stainless 357 snubby in a bedframe mounted holster for those late-night responses to our dogs barking. The Saiga 12 has the CQ duty every night, with the snubby being the back-up.

my S-12 didn't replace anything technically but i used to keep a SR-556 hanging from the sling on a hook. last week i removed the magpul sling from the 556 along with the tac-light and put them on the S-12. put the 556 in the closet and stood the Saiga up against the wall.(too heavy for the hook) now the saiga has officially become my SHTF gun. still keep an xdm on the nightstand for the bump in the night.

is it unusual to keep a 17 shot .40 and a 20 round 12ga. within reach of the bed? pistol on the nightstand and shotty between the bed and nightstand. that way i have a choice depending on how loud that bump in the night is!!

My saiga 12 didn't specifically replace any one thing.

It's just my primary long gun. I feel pretty confident anything within 200m is still within range of it, making it pretty versatile for me. Ammo is also a lot easier to get, so naturally I have 3x the rounds through it than anything else. Never had an FTE or missfeed unless I ran the cheapest stuff I could find at walmart. So I'm pretty happy with the reliability.

Also probably my only gun I don't care about getting it dirty or bumping it into something, which makes it even further more a great replacement.

If all hell did break out, and I had a decent supply of ammo, I'd probably end up dragging out the MSAR... But unless it was ridiculous civilwarfare, the saiga would be ideal.

Mine replaced my trusty 12 gauge Mossberg Bolt action

If that's a rifled barrel like my 695, there's no gun in the world that can replace the mossberg bolt shotty.

Amazing guns!

Nope, smooth as a babies bottom....

Years ago....first time small game hunting, I had the rabbit in my sites....maybe 15 yards away....lined her up....aimed....fired

And a MISS? How could that be? Well about 10 seconds later.....all the fur started floating down from the sky.....

My first rabbit ballon :lolol:

Was my grandfathers gun (1950's model I think)