What did your Saiga 12 replace?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it replaced this guys, WOW!!!!!!!

Nothing, I don't usually get rid of firearms for shits and giggles. Only if in a trade. I'd rather grow my arsenal than downsize it.

Posted Images

My previous favorite shotgun was a Mossberg 500.

My current favorite defensive gun is an AK in 7.62x39.

My previous project gun was a 7.62x25 caliber Franken-Saiga

My Saiga-12 has filled the 1st and 3rd rolls nicely, and may one day slip into the 2nd roll.

Any details on that Franken-Saiga? My Dad has been looking for something like this for quite some time, I'm sure he'd love the details...

Any details on that Franken-Saiga? My Dad has been looking for something like this for quite some time, I'm sure he'd love the details...

It never worked. I gave up.

In theory, you drop in a chamber adapter, handload .311" 7.62x25, grind the locking lugs off the bolt, change the recoil spring, add weight to the bolt, and add a mag-well insert. x

A prof once told me: "In theory, there is not difference in theory and practice. In practice, it's quite a different story."

A chamber adapter involves measuring a chamber (the diagrams in loading manuals are not correct to 0.001"), then CNCing a rough model, then polishing it to fit, even though you can not get inside the chamber to see what is and is not fitting. Good luck building one that will withstand semi-suto fire, and that matches the bolt correctly (for headspace.)

In practice, getting a mag well insert that holds a mag (that is a mag that will fit!) in the right position in a lot tougher than it sounds. The only mag that fits is a CZ52, and those lock on the base pad. The AK has wobble, so does the CZ52 mag, and the combination is too much wobble.

A conversion can be massively more trouble than it's worth. If I had to do it over, I'd not go all the way from an AK to a pistol caliber carbine. It's too much of a change, and too many things are in the wrong places.

It never worked. I gave up.

In theory, you drop in a chamber adapter, handload .311" 7.62x25, grind the locking lugs off the bolt, change the recoil spring, add weight to the bolt, and add a mag-well insert. x

A prof once told me: "In theory, there is not difference in theory and practice. In practice, it's quite a different story."

A chamber adapter involves measuring a chamber (the diagrams in loading manuals are not correct to 0.001"), then CNCing a rough model, then polishing it to fit, even though you can not get inside the chamber to see what is and is not fitting. Good luck building one that will withstand semi-suto fire, and that matches the bolt correctly (for headspace.)

In practice, getting a mag well insert that holds a mag (that is a mag that will fit!) in the right position in a lot tougher than it sounds. The only mag that fits is a CZ52, and those lock on the base pad. The AK has wobble, so does the CZ52 mag, and the combination is too much wobble.

A conversion can be massively more trouble than it's worth. If I had to do it over, I'd not go all the way from an AK to a pistol caliber carbine. It's too much of a change, and too many things are in the wrong places.

Well, damn, he's got a metric shit-ton of 7.62x25 but no gun to fire it (someone offered him a song for his CZ52) so he's been looking for a carbine style weapon to emulate or buy to shoot the ammo. I guess he'll just have to get another CZ52...

My saiga 12 replaced my girlfriend .

Before I learned about the Saiga, I never heard of a mag fed shotgun. After learning about and seeing it for the first time in Kommiefornia, I just had to have it. I bought it during the Obama scare. Although I paid a premium for it at the time, it didn't matter. I got a Saiga 12!

Since then, I've put more money into it to practically afford a new AR at today's prices. However, despite that, the S12 has more shock value at the range than any AR would. And some of those ARs, just the gun alone are more than everything I've put on my S12. Still a good value to me. Basically its a prized possession for me and it replaces nothing.

If I live in a free state I would love to get a Tromix shorty but until then all I can do is watch this forum and dream.

I'm in kommiefornia also i'm curious how much you got yours for ?
  • 5 weeks later...

Well I got it as a bday gift from my gf, so really it replaced nothing, but I did have a mossy 500 that I had to get rid of last year, so it kind of took it's role... It also replaced my ar as the hd gun in the house. Both are still loaded and ready to go though :)

My Saiga12 didn't nessasarly replace another firearm per-se. It did replace my burning disire to own a AA12 the ultimate shotgun. Since the AA12 is for military or LEO the Saig12 is as close as I'll ever get to being able to own a AA12. And with some of the conversions I have been cooking up for my S12 I feel satisfied the S12 will fill the disire to own a AA12 just fine. After fully converting my S12 I am hopeing it will be my new favorite firearm wich is currently held by my Savage arms 7mm rem mag. :devil:

mine never replaced none of my toys,infact after my s-12 i got a nickel remmy 870 marine pump, and im still seeking the benelli m3 at a fair price :dollar: but imma be honest its not my go to gun cause of where i live, in our apt my go-to guns has to be either my beretta dash with muzzle brake

DSC02988.jpg

IWI desert eagle stainless

DSC02837.jpg

mini mac pistol

DSC02838.jpg

when i go to my moms house in the country (where the rest of my guns are) and something seems wrong at 3am then its the s-12, ak, or ar, but in just me and the GFs townhouse i only have the nightstand pistols there! im still one day gunna get the mini streetsweeper in 410/45lc to add to the collection, or the pistol version striker 12 auto eject AOW i'm sorry i've luved streetsweepers since i was 16 dam its been 11 years and i still have never shot one :cryss: