Do they even make this style scope mount

I've only played Modern Warfare a few times but noticed there AK with side rails was low enough to still see the iron sights with no optics on the rails. I have never seen a production model like this. If any one has let me know, I've been looking ever where for this type set up.

post-14261-12738087179133_thumb.png

post-14261-12738087789953_thumb.png

I don't know if one has ever been marketed, but I'm sure it could be made easily. Might be easier to mount rails to a dust cover then run a connection from the dust cover to the side-rails for stability.

I've seen that mount on airsoft guns (probably same as the models used for the game). Its screwed through the dust cover to give it support because its thin metal.

Best your going to get is a molot low profile mount, or one of those dogleg things that goes from rear sight to the tang.

• 2 weeks later...

*facepalm*. Games are games, reality is reality. Why would you want a side-mounted rail if you weren't gonna put anything on it? I mean if your a fan of heavier and cumbersome weapons go for it, but there are some many lever mounts out there that can quickly and efficiently be put on when you need one. In all honesty, you really don't need a dot with a 7.62x39; the bullet trajectory is extremely arced. A decent set of irons, practice, and depth perception can go a long way.