20 ROUND DRUM MAGS

:rolleyes:

Hi all

I live outside of the U.S so luckily i can own high cap mags , i am looking for the saiga 12 20 round drum mags that i keep hearing about on this forum but i have never seen one yet , does anyone out there know where they can be bought or even seen? even a photo would be appreciated.

thanks

assassin

There was a picture of one posted here (I think) a while back and it proved to be a fake, it was a CD case that someone had fastened to the Saiga for looks. I may be mistaken but I don't think they really exist...sort of like that fake picture of the man holding a 60 lb house cat that was done using photoshop.

A preban USAS-12 drum might be a candidate for modification. But of course that's illegal if it no longer functions for its intended weapon. (also an expensive item now-a-days) Also, importation from England or anywhere else would be illegal, even if it is possible.

Still be cool though.

I was chatting with a fellow a couple years back (on line) who had (claimed) to have made a 20 round drum mag for a Saiga 12 gauge. I may still have the pictures someplace. If so, I'll post. He told me that he had taken a 75 round drum, cut the top portion from the drum and split it in half, modified the follower and internals and jigged the whole thing up to get the correct feed angle before welding it up. He had to add some kind of a shell stop to the mag that was difficult to see in the pics. It looked cool and he claimed that after he got the bugs out, it worked.

Yeah, that's not surprising. People modify the 9mm Suomi drum to fit modern day sub machine guns; which is easier than what you describe. I've looked at it myself but as you can imagine, its illegal (producing a high capacity feeding device blah blah) Still, the pics you described would be impressive.

:super::super:

Hi there

If you still have the photos i think we would all be realy interested to see them , i have thought about manufacturing one from scratch (im a metal worker and I.T guy by trade) as i think it would not be too difficult , yeah sure there will be bugs but when you got it working well what a buzz. i have been thinking about a 20 round drum and even thought of a 27 round drum but it would maybe look too big hanging beneath the weapon.

im real busy these days so if i started it then it would take me a while to finish it , ill maybe try it later.

asassin

• 2 weeks later...

a USAS 12 drum has been used to make a drum for Saiga 12 but it requires the manufacture of a feed tower(from a 5 rd mag),dummy rounds linked as a follower and a shell guide to make a track for the rounds to come out of the drum and into the feed tower.

Then once you have done all of this you can't shoot the thing too rapidly because it pushes the round to slowly for the Saiga's action.

Not to mention the fact that a USAS 12 drum costs from $500-$750 USD to start with.

Edited by SOPMOD
  • 3 years later...

Found this old post on drums and thought I would dig it out of the cellar. In a way it seems like a old post but really it hasn't been that long ago. What was once just a nice thought is now reality!!! :super::super::super: The saiga-12 has sure come a long ways in just a few short years!

Found this old post on drums and thought I would dig it out of the cellar. In a way it seems like a old post but really it hasn't been that long ago. What was once just a nice thought is now reality!!! :super::super::super: The saiga-12 has sure come a long ways in just a few short years!

Yup, it wasn't long at all. Now you're making history with something that is practical and needed.

Way cool too!

btw, I own the Knoxx setup that is pictured above plus their Sec Ops Stock. Your Drum makes it pale in comparison. Also, since AGP, I don't think it makes sense to convert the Knoxx drums. But, in their time, they were innovation. Too bad they are not being made anymore. I still think its a nice setup for what it is. My Sidewinder Setup stuff is still in the box, but the Stock is on the My Persuader. Its nice, but not quite nice enough. That's where your invention comes into the picture, Mike. I thought the AGP mags were the limit, but you raised the bar out of sight. Now the Saiga-12 will be awesome!

The original request was for some info on how to get a drum outside of the US (i.e. exported).

Well is there a way?

Like someone getting a permit to ship a bunch over to rusmilitary or something...

The original request was for some info on how to get a drum outside of the US (i.e. exported).

Well is there a way?

Like someone getting a permit to ship a bunch over to rusmilitary or something...

There will be a way eventually. It is completely legal to export with the proper licence. I have had people contact me from all over the world about them. I'm not sure but I think I should wait until the 3 inch version is complete for out of country sales. Could you tell me what the average length of a 2 3/4 round is in your corner? Another reason is a lot of other places have saigas or veprs with a magwell on them. Without my special magwell on the market, the drums would be useless to those with the factory magwell. But I promise eventually they will be available basically everywhere they are legal. The saiga was sent to us from across the pond and it would only be right to send something back in return :super: !

:rolleyes:

Hi all

I live outside of the U.S so luckily i can own high cap mags , i am looking for the saiga 12 20 round drum mags that i keep hearing about on this forum but i have never seen one yet , does anyone out there know where they can be bought or even seen? even a photo would be appreciated.

thanks

assassin

check out www.wraithmaker.com twenty round drums and extras

Well is there a way?

There will be a way eventually. It is completely legal to export with the proper licence. I have had people contact me from all over the world about them. I'm not sure but I think I should wait until the 3 inch version is complete for out of country sales. Could you tell me what the average length of a 2 3/4 round is in your corner? Another reason is a lot of other places have saigas or veprs with a magwell on them. Without my special magwell on the market, the drums would be useless to those with the factory magwell. But I promise eventually they will be available basically everywhere they are legal. The saiga was sent to us from across the pond and it would only be right to send something back in return :super: !

1) My suggestion would be for you to get an export license through someone that have some volume in his business and then establish a reseller in Europe. As soon as the drum is anywhere within the European Community it is no big deal to resell it inside the union. Generally speaking - mags are not restricted here for owning or importing. They are not considered as weapons or parts of weapons. The tricky part is to get the permit to export them from the US.

2) I'm not sure about the number of guns with magwells. Looking at competitions around Europe (as home defence and hunting would not be applicable) I would say that the standard S-12 is still in dominance. I know Germany like Vepr but they are the only ones carrying them except from the russians as far as I can tell. So I guess most requests you had so far would be from germans.

3) Did you just ask for the physical dimensions of a 2-3/4 shell?

I'm certainly no expert in ammo but made some pictures (attached) of a WM-drum and three types of ammo that I use in the S-12. Using the factory 8'rd mag these shells feed just fine and there is enough room for 9 bird or 8 buck/slug in it.

When I loaded them up in the WM it seems like my buckshots are too long (they are marked 9P 3x3) to fit in. The slug is exactley the same size as the opening and will feed with some friction (I have not test fired slugs yet).

The birdshot fits nicely.

My ammo has the following dimensions:

Buck: 63 mm. (2,48")

Slug: 60mm (2,36")

Bird: 59 mm. (2,32")

There are 25,4 mm to 1 inch.

See attached pic where I loaded the WM with the above mentioned ammo (note that the buck will not load).

post-3641-1191574998_thumb.jpg